Open Libram CVII: Love is in the Hair

Paladin
Prev 1 15 16 17 25 Next
02/19/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Cayse
Were an Alliance race. We left before the name change, and that is all it was.

?

High Elves are still an Alliance race.

Blood Elf is far more than a name change now regardless of what the original intention was.
02/19/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Xayton
If I could be an Alliance Bloof Elf Pally I would do it in a heart beat.

I've always thought some sort of betrayal quest line would be an interesting addition to WoW.

They had this for the Aldor and Scryers, so why not for the Alliance and Horde. Maybe even some sort of reputation cap where you can never become exalted because they never entirely trust you, etc ..

I'd do it one just to see what it's all about. Plus it'd be pretty cool to run around Orgrimmar as a Draenei or Gnome. :D
02/19/2014 05:23 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

Blood Elf is far more than a name change now regardless of what the original intention was.

Ultimately, they are still just high elves that took the name due to what happened in WC3 in their own homeland.

They can still have blue eyes though as being alliance/high elf doesn't automatically make them blue. Just kind of lackluster that they still have green in their eyes even though the Sunwell was restored. Unless there's some BS reason that they're stuck with a demonic taint.
Kind of late to the party, but female orc: dem legs! Me likey.

*The Guardians of the Galaxy trailer looks promising.
02/19/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Destron
Ultimately, they are still just high elves that took the name due to what happened in WC3 in their own homeland.

That is what they were, what they all were before the schism. After the ideological split between the two groups it became more then that.

They may still be the same race but they aren't the same people.

02/19/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Destron
They can still have blue eyes though as being alliance/high elf doesn't automatically make them blue. Just kind of lackluster that they still have green in their eyes even though the Sunwell was restored. Unless there's some BS reason that they're stuck with a demonic taint.

Demonic taint isn't wash away friendly, you're usually stuck with the consequences. The Orcs have been without corruption for decades now and yet they and their future generations still bear the marks.

It is the same for the Blood Elves. None of them can have blue, uncorrupted eyes because of their choices in the past.

Blue eyes don't make an Alliance High Elf, the choices they made do. The blue eyes just happen to be an indicator of that.

As for the Sunwell being restored it is possible that will cleanse them in time, but it is going to take time as Velen semi alluded to:

In time, the light and hope held within - will rebirth more than this mere fount of power... Mayhap, they will rebirth the soul of a nation.

Sorry but you're just not going to see blue eyed Belves walking around.
The thing with high elves after the fall of Quel'thalas is, unless they were somewhere else for everything afterward, there's almost no chance their eyes would remain pure blue. If any of them stayed in/around their homeland they would have been exposed to fel energy eventually. Fel is apparently like radioactivity - it kind of permeates everything around it. It will take many generations for blood elves to lose their green.

There are high elves who saw what their brethren were doing and turned away, but their number is very very small. Most of them ended up with the humans in stormwind and dalaran.
02/19/2014 05:23 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
02/19/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Cayse
Were an Alliance race. We left before the name change, and that is all it was.

?

High Elves are still an Alliance race.

There are almost no "high elves" left in the world. We left as an entire race, prior to any changes.

The few real high elves that are left were not even members of the Alliance until recently, they only remained non-Horde because they were part of the Kirin Tor, nearly all of which died in the first, and then second battles in Dalaran.
I took great pleasure in killing Silver Covenant agents in Dalaran, quest or not lol. Death to traitors! :D
Blood Elf corruption seems to only occur from directly feeding off demonic energies whereas the Orcs turned just due to exposure. It's Blizzard, consistency.

As for all these semantics about what is and isn't a High Elf or their numbers I don't know what you're getting at. When I say High Elf I mean those elves who were cast out and banished from their homes for refusing to tap demonic energies and feed off living beings.

Those include the Silver Covenant, the High Elves of Theramore, Quel'Danil Lodge, those in Outland and those who split directly from Silvermoon when Rommath returned with his "teachings". Those that were in Silvermoon likely leaving before it became permeated with fel crack.

They're High Elves, they're in the Alliance and while they may be small they at least have enough strength to field military operations all their own.

They're not mostly dead or wiped out or just gone, even if you'd rather that be the case.

02/19/2014 07:18 PMPosted by Lobster
Death to traitors!

The Blood Elves are the ones that betrayed everything to sate their addiction, not the High Elves.
02/19/2014 08:33 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
They're not mostly dead or wiped out or just gone, even if you'd rather that be the case.

Sure they are, they just field every living member on these operations.
02/19/2014 08:34 PMPosted by Elidra
Sure they are, they just field every living member on these operations.

I don't think the Silver Covenant is every remaining High Elf in existence.

Regardless being able to field such operations at all shows that they're still kicking as in not mostly dead, wiped out or gone.

Editz:

If only I had some goggles. >_>
02/19/2014 08:33 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
02/19/2014 07:18 PMPosted by Lobster
Death to traitors!

The Blood Elves are the ones that betrayed everything to sate their addiction, not the High Elves.

Not from this side, goat.
Oh herro
02/19/2014 08:53 PMPosted by Lobster

Perspective is everything crustacean.

02/19/2014 08:59 PMPosted by Anaxie
Oh herro

Oh hai.
02/19/2014 09:05 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
02/19/2014 08:53 PMPosted by Lobster

Perspective is everything crustacean.