Shockadin Holy Power and How to swing it!

Paladin
I am loving the versatility of the shockadin, tossing out heals, as I put pressure out and draw attention to myself. I have pvp'd extensively from 1-80 and I actually enjoy holy power.

My only real complaint is that I don't have to think enough about how to use it. Sometimes when I am topped off, I find myself just tossing out a LoTD to help top off slightly injured others.

I would love to have a new ability as a holy paladin to turn my holy power into a damaging holy attack instead. Or to put some sort of self buff or buff to another. That would be a nice way to add some thinking to our playstyle.
Inquisition
Instant
Consumes all Holy Power to increase your Holy Damage by 30%. Lasts 4 sec per charge of Holy Power consumed.

Level 81
Also please stop calling it a shockadin.
I actually like the name Shockadin - So, I wont comply. That will help some with the damage but it would be nice to have some on call burst. Outside of wings and favor.
can you stack avenging wrath with divine favor? i havnt tried it, my holy spec is just for quick dungeon ques XD

20% damage / healing / crit / casting speed if you can though..

seems pretty on demand bursty.
can you stack avenging wrath with divine favor? i havnt tried it, my holy spec is just for quick dungeon ques XD

Of course you can. You can also stack it with Lifeblood and a trinket proc, as well as Heroism.
Also please stop calling it a shockadin.

Why? Thats what it was called during Classic. We're gonna keep it.

I've stacked it with heroism, Divine Favor, AW, trinket and one other. I hit about 7k dps in 232 gear in a heroic.
Still would be awesome to call damage out on our holy power to help put pressure out... The other buffs can be stolen purged dispelled etc :(
Why? Thats what it was called during Classic. We're gonna keep it.

Why? Because "shockadin" is actually a degrading name.

Back in Classic, holy shock was our only controlled damage that isn't total crap (judgmenet was 15 sec cooldown and hit for like... nothing, really, some judgments did zero damage). Everything else was random besides autoattack

But holy was like the only tree taken seriously at the time (ret and prot sucked, all hybrids expected to heal), so many people are stuck with holy

As such, holy pallies trying to do any damage (for soloing/farming) are left with only holy shock (and autoattack). Thus, "shockadin"

The name "shockadin" symbolizes the problems of holy, and the pally class as a whole

Think of it this way: "shockadin" is like "retnoob" - it's a joke/insult

The word changed meaning slightly in TBC to a holy pally who shifts towards offense/DPS, but that is still a negative term. The concept is an insult to the whole paladin class. "Shockadin" is a result of ret and/or holy being broken, and thus people went to this "shockadin" alternative. If things were actually fine, people wouldn't be trying "shockadin", they'd just be "ret" or "holy"

As such, the name "Shockadin" should be treated as an insult or a bad joke, not some proud name to call yourself or the class.
If things were actually fine, people wouldn't be trying "shockadin", they'd just be "ret" or "holy"

Nope, not at all. I like healing as Holy, healed a raid yesterday, had the time of my life.

I don't like Ret. I never have. I don't like the playstyle, which is completely independent of how good or bad it is at the time.

I DO like the playstyle of a Holy caster. So, I play a Shockadin, because it's my playstyle of choice. That decision is made independently of the viability of either Holy paladin healing, or Retribution dps.
Nope, not at all. I like healing as Holy, healed a raid yesterday, had the time of my life.

I don't like Ret. I never have. I don't like the playstyle, which is completely independent of how good or bad it is at the time.

I DO like the playstyle of a Holy caster. So, I play a Shockadin, because it's my playstyle of choice. That decision is made independently of the viability of either Holy paladin healing, or Retribution dps.

If you want a holy caster, you play holy.

Calling yourself shockadin is like calling yourself by your own racial ethnic slur (if your ethnicity has one). You're only insulting yourself
like calling yourself by your own racial ethnic slur (if your ethnicity has one). You're only insulting yourself

. . . or taking ownership of the word
I have played since Vanilla and I do not at all correlate Shockadin to any sort of a degrading name or feeling. You aren't exactly just a holy paladin because your talent spec is a bit different. You are instead, a holy paladin who bandaid heals people and pressures healers into blowing cooldowns or helping a DPS who is this close | | to killing someone by shocking, exo, stun, hammer or some such combo.

I really just wish that we could have an ability to toss out some DPS that scaled with holy power.

Yes, I do miss Sanctity Aura... That would be another nice addition that I would welcome back. As would a talent to reduce the healing of holy shock and increase the damage by 33/66/100% So the further you took the talent the more damage it did in a trade for less healing. (This would make it a talent like thick hide that differentiates the kitties from the bears)
Calling yourself shockadin is like calling yourself by your own racial ethnic slur (if your ethnicity has one). You're only insulting yourself
Spoken like a true privileged majority. You are a credit to your kind...one of the good ones...