Thoughts on Exorcism

Paladin
I was just wondering what some of you HOLY Pallies out there were thinking about the changes to Exorcism with this latest patch? I mean, we got a bunch of nerfs to Holy... but a 50% buff to exorcism? I was exicted... my Exorcisms were hitting for like 6-7k routinely and critting for close to 10k on the BG.

After the "50% buff" I'm CRITTING for 6k... my gear and everything else hasn't changed.... Was there a type in the patch notes? Or something else I'm missing?

What are you guys getting on your exorcisms?

Thanks

PS: Holy Wrath also is hitting for like half of what it did before the patch too.
With 1.1k resilience I got beat by a Holy Paladin because their burst was better than mine. Why? Exorcism and Holy Shock. He had more health than me too XD
I only noticed a 20% increase about, went from 4k to 5k none crits. Heard the rest of the exorcism buff is coming next tuesday for higher levels and better geared peeps so I'll probably be doing 6-6.3k none crits. Also it will be scalling much better now for 81-85 almost to the point of a hybrid dps spec.
Overall the v4.0.1 (.3) changes aren't too bad for Holy Paladins..."adapt and overcome". More spells, spells that were once only used by Ret are now Holy as well and the suped-up Exorcism. Holy has more firepower when it comes to leveling and grinding, but don't be tempted to out-DPS everyone in instances. Exorcism is a mana-sucker. You need the mana for the emergency, big-save FoL.
Marrius you can spec into the 75% reduced cost for exorcism and I do about 5k~ dps when I queue in randoms as shockadin, I see it being more usefull as a third healer in 10m raids where undead and demons are involved however. I can do 10k+ dps on saurfang by spamming exorcism the crit mechanic is definantly nice and is probably the first thing on the chopping block.

You only see people wanting shockadins to be a viable dps when retribution is bad enough to warrant such requests, remember the beginning of tbc guys and lolret?
Marrius you can spec into the 75% reduced cost for exorcism and I do about 5k~ dps when I queue in randoms as shockadin, I see it being more usefull as a third healer in 10m raids where undead and demons are involved however. I can do 10k+ dps on saurfang by spamming exorcism the crit mechanic is definantly nice and is probably the first thing on the chopping block.

You only see people wanting shockadins to be a viable dps when retribution is bad enough to warrant such requests, remember the beginning of tbc guys and lolret?

Actually, I hate the Retribution playstyle, and pretty much always have. I don't want to be just another melee class, I want to be a holy caster.

Well, in fairness each time this has happened Shockadin was also at its best. Right now it is as close as it has ever come to being a reality - so close in fact that it rivals other casters in DPS (Note: in some circumstances).

Ultimately, why not? Up to Blizzard, in the end, but it would be fun and I bet even the naysayers would try it.

I love it. I hope it stays. Hybrid play in raids is also possible under current implementation. Really, for it to just be for leveling, its way too powerful right now.
I wish they would make Paladins Holy spec similair to Druids Feral spec. Very Wishful thinking, I know.