Escape Artist v 40% Sprint

Arenas
I ... really can't make up my mind if i want to stay gnome w/ escape artist or go worgen for the sprint.

Gnome
Pros:
- escape artist is probably the best alliance racial atm, but then again, that's not sayig much
-gets you out of snares/roots/etc
-less deep freeze for mages
Cons:
-easy to reapply slows
-still right next to the person attacking you when you use escape artist

Worgen:
Pros:
-40% speed increase after port to get away -> soul harvest to full
-lolkite
Cons:
-port down? sprint is negated by slowing effects
-gg deathgrip

Sooo opinions and suggestions, gogo.
I'd say 40% sprint is better, ya escape artist is good, but if your running with someone that can dispel you, or better yet a pally that has hof to spare, then it doesn't matter too much.

The 40% is good because not only can you use it to get away you can also use it to stay away, and coupled with our soul burn port you get movement speed increases a fairly decent amount in cata. Not to mention affliction is the best pvp spec at 85 so it will help with pillar humping.
Escape artist is better for a warlock and you won't look like as much a fool. It's not even close.

>-easy to reapply slows

>-still right next to the person attacking you when you use escape artist

Succy pushback, escape artist. Shadowfury, escape artist, then you can conflag or something for the slow. For affliction, instant fear > escape artist > exhaustion. Demo, stun escape artist. Escape artist is noticably better, as I said, it's not even close.
Why would you ever even consider going non-gnome as alliance.
40% sprint when used in conjunction with teleport is win. Teleport removes snares and is on like a 20 second cooldown with pvp gloves and the glyph. Escape artist is not needed as a warlock.
But gnomes are adorable.
40% sprint when used in conjunction with teleport is win. Teleport removes snares and is on like a 20 second cooldown with pvp gloves and the glyph. Escape artist is not needed as a warlock.

How is 40% sprint used in conunction with teleport something that is even remotely considered "win"? The 40% sprint will hardly create a larger gap than you already have after you have teleported, and it will more often than not completely go to waste.

Escape artist has actual noticeable applications whilst the worgen sprint is, in the best circumstance, simply overkill.
Can Worgen attack while "mounted"? Or does it "dismount" you? This is something i'd like to know.
One thing to consider is that EA is usable while silenced, and that when snared movement speed boosts are actually pretty weak.

EA is amazing for escaping things like -

Crippling when Garroted
CoI
Rooted under Moonkin's lolbeam
Mage freezes which they'll shatter you with

Shattered Barrier gives mages a bit more synergy with it, but still better than the sprint for a lock IMO.

How is 40% sprint used in conunction with teleport something that is even remotely considered "win"? The 40% sprint will hardly create a larger gap than you already have after you have teleported, and it will more often than not completely go to waste.
It most definitely creates a larger gap, its why warlocks are currently soulburning demonic portals in bg's right now.

If you dont see how porting to remove all snares and then running 40% faster afterwords would be beneficial Im not shocked your arena ratings are crap.
Stay Gnome. Gnome racials are so win for both casters and rogues, I'm tempted to change this dwarf into gnome. Dwarf racials are just, meh :(
Stay Gnome. Gnome racials are so win for both casters and rogues, I'm tempted to change this dwarf into gnome. Dwarf racials are just, meh :(

Id stay dwarf. stoneform WRECKS feral druids, i mean completely shuts down their burst.

With alot more ferals on the horizon and people are forcasting alot more, and priests being good targets for them, whats not to like about dwarves?
12/03/2010 6:16 PMPosted by Jinrop

It most definitely creates a larger gap, its why warlocks are currently soulburning demonic portals in bg's right now.
If you dont see how porting to remove all snares and then running 40% faster afterwords would be beneficial Im not shocked your arena ratings are crap.

I'm not shocked you'd say something like that when faced with a logical argument, because nobody would reply to you seriously after that. Hows being a piece of human garbage feel?

Gnome racial is clearly better.