Blizzard = " Fair & Balanced "

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 17 Next

It kind of reminds me of what the Horde pulled at the first Icecrown Gate. Alliance attacks the gate, Horde decides to attack them from behind while they're busy and they all get killed - somehow this makes the Horde even angrier at the Alliance.

Are you talking about Wrathgate?
If you are the horde fought WITH the alliance there, the forsaken were the bad peeps there under a rebel leader...

I've been questing on both sides and find it pretty even. Both are very fun. My only problem is that every single worgen male (not an exaggeration) in the Kalimdor zones has the exact same model. Dark gray fur, braided tails coming down the front, same face. Some of the Gilneans in human form speak like humans from Stormwind, without the British accent. And even some Gilneans in worgen form use the same voices (old humans). It all just seems very lazy.

Are you talking about Wrathgate?
If you are the horde fought WITH the alliance there, the forsaken were the bad peeps there under a rebel leader...

No, I'm talking about the first gate in the Icecrown zone. It was Corp'rethar or Mord'rethar or something. It's the one with all the dead soldiers all over it.
Personally, it seems like Blizzard didn't try as hard for the Alliance. There are several prominent quest chains for the Horde that directly involve their leader. To my knowledge, there are no Alliance equivalent chains, aside from the Gnomish starting area where you help out Mekkatorque.

I am still Alliance for life, though. And new Stormwind still trumps new Orgrimmar; it looks and feels more like a real city than Orgrimmar ever will.
I can respect that one might prefer the quests and cities of one faction to another, but it's not accurate to state that more effort and creativity went into their creation.

What about when one race(Goblins) gets more quests and zones(Azshara) than another(Worgen)?
Stating from the experience of playing Humans especially, I really enjoy the new changes to Elwynn Forest. I really enjoyed the new experience centralizing around Hogger.
I can respect that one might prefer the quests and cities of one faction to another, but it's not accurate to state that more effort and creativity went into their creation.

What about when one race(Goblins) gets more quests and zones(Azshara) than another(Worgen)?

Acutally Azhara is the equivalent of Darkshore. Troll , Goblin and Orc all are directed to go there, I even went there with my tauren.
Searing Gorge was made fantastic by one addition:

LUNK.

Lunk is the best NPC in the game currently.
I'm a fan of his special brand of no kill problem solving, and I would love to have a spider mount implemented in game that you ride like Lunk rides the spiders.
Personally, it seems like Blizzard didn't try as hard for the Alliance. There are several prominent quest chains for the Horde that directly involve their leader. To my knowledge, there are no Alliance equivalent chains, aside from the Gnomish starting area where you help out Mekkatorque.

I am still Alliance for life, though. And new Stormwind still trumps new Orgrimmar; it looks and feels more like a real city than Orgrimmar ever will.

I believe Velen makes an appearance, or at least is involved with certain quests involving the Broken/Lost Ones in the Swamps of Sorrow draenei town. I also saw some quests a while ago involving a twilight council spy in Ironforge and doing a couple things for the Council of Three Hammers, though I do not know if it was scrapped or not.
Have you paid a visit to the southern section of the Barrens recently? Apparently there are some things happening over there, according to rumor.

I'm still wondering though why the alliance just cannot make a push in northern Eastern Kingdoms though. It's like the Horde is running unchecked there for some reason.

Southern Barrens is nice and all, but it's not like the Horde is just keeling over and letting the alliance take territory.
Will the remaining dungeons that don't have quests for both factions be fixed to have quests for both sides? So far I have noticed that RFC does not have quests for alliance. Stockades and Gnomeregan do not have quests at the start for the Horde. (Horde used to have Rig Wars for Gnomeregan but that quest appears to have not survived the Cataclysm.

Horde can still do the quest from the Grime-Encrusted Ring and the quest to cleanse grime encrusted objects. The map incorrectly shows where to turn in the ring after you get it cleaned and return to Org. It points to the old location of the engineer trainers instead of their new location in the Drag. On the one run I did on my troll druid no grime encrusted objects dropped so do not know if that was just random luck or if they don't drop for the horde.
Comparing Orgrimmar to Stormwind is like comparing apples to oranges. Orgrimmar is the capital city of the Orcs. The Orcs are blood-thirsty and do not care about comfort when there is glory and honour to win.

On the other-hand, Stormwind is the capital city of the Humans. Humans are more focused on simply "getting by". In that instead of placing spikes on every inch of their city, they have decided to make Stormwind be a more homely and welcoming place.

As for the quests, it is simply a matter of opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.
I've played through level 40 as both a Dwarf and an Undead since the Shattering and I must say, the Forsaken quests are far superior.
From level one you are brought into the Val'kyr craziness, and this storyline is expanded upon. Through level 10 you are routing the Scourge from the Forsaken territory and wrecking the Alliance, Scarlet Crusade, and anything else in your path. Once you move to Silverpine suddenly you are on the offensive, working with Sylvannas to destroy the Worgen. These five levels have you literally working with the Banshee Queen to wipe to Worgen from Azeroth. The amazing work put into this zone sealed it for me. I loved the quest where you test this new plague on Murlocs. When it is used in battle it seems very ineffective, and you can see the Undead NPCs saying "What'd they test this stuff on, Murlocs?" I laughed to myself. This kind of stuff is amazing.
I started my first ally character since BC to check out the new low level stuff.. Gnome even.. The Gnome starting area is quite good. Once you get into Redridge it really begins to shine.. The Keeshan questline is outstanding. Duskwood is better but not much different. Northern Stranglethorn is cool with the little raptor quests being quite nice. I am enjoying the new questing style with less running back and forth here and there.

I will end up starting a Dranei to try out the Kalimdor side at some point as well.

To the OP...If the Horde stuff is so much better... play the Horde. If you continue to play the Alliance then be quiet and just play with less b****ing and moaning.
OP, I'd suggest you complete Westfall and Redridge. Those have been my two favorite questing zones by far! Yeah, Silverpine is pretty epic, but Westfall and Redridge could be both touching and, more frequently, hilarious! I don't think I've laughed so often in a video game before! Hillsbrad is also awesome and hilarious on Horde, but it's balanced out by Durator and Northern Barrens being a bit dull.

The Alliance after the Cataclysm: "Deathwing sure messed things up. Let's try and repair the damage Deathwing caused and make sure our people are safe. Oh no the Horde has taken half our territory while we were trying to save the world."

It kind of reminds me of what the Horde pulled at the first Icecrown Gate. Alliance attacks the gate, Horde decides to attack them from behind while they're busy and they all get killed - somehow this makes the Horde even angrier at the Alliance.

1) You should check out Southern Barrens, Andorhal, and the Silverpine quest lines. The Alliance aren't trying to save the world, they're trying to invade Kalimdor! They're also trying to reclaim Lordaeron for the Alliance! They're gaining ground (the only faction to really do so) in Kalimdor but getting their asses handed to them in Lordaeron.

In fact they're not even trying to save their own people, let alone the world. Have you quested in Westfall? While King Chin is playing war hero, his people are suffering, starving and dying in untold numbers! Hell, even people he conscripted into Northrend (yes, Alliance has a draft) are now destitute. He's a good war hero, but he has to be the worst faction leader in Azeroth (by far) when it comes to economics, politics, freedoms, etc.!

2) Were you even paying attention in the Wrathgate cinematic? Horde and Alliance were fighting side by side against the Lich King. Even making good natured comments to each other. However, they were both betrayed by Varimathras and a renegade faction of the Forsaken (this group also killed many real Forsaken and almost killed Sylvanas). In fact, far more Horde were lost than Alliance (due to the sacking of UC).