Prot paladins do too much DPS at lower levels

Paladin
Blizzard are now able to modify base damage based on each individual level now not just for the levels you used to learn the new rank for a spell.

Yes its not that important for 2 factors, one its not end game and 2 its trash DPS but DOUBLE DPS for a tank is a problem, why even spec ret a low levels.
Blizzard are now able to modify base damage based on each individual level now not just for the levels you used to learn the new rank for a spell.

Yes its not that important for 2 factors, one its not end game and 2 its trash DPS but double DPS for a tank is a problem.

Why is it a problem? DPS was done, mobs died, dungeon gets completed. Where is the downside?
People think I am someone with down syndrome when I tank on my druid and cant hold agro perfectly like a Prot Pali. (I know how to play I get agro I just dont hold it 100% with large packs)
And any ret paladin should feel bad, might aswell spec prot and que as DPS.

Blizzard took spell ranks out of the game in cata to fix exactly this sort of thing.
People think I am someone with down syndrome when I tank on my druid and cant hold agro perfectly like a Prot Pali. (I know how to play I get agro I just dont hold it 100% with large packs)
And any ret paladin should feel bad, might aswell spec prot and que as DPS.

Blizzard took spell ranks out of the game in cata to fix exactly this sort of thing.

You obviously don't know how Vengeance works.
If you think it's too strong, then roll one and enjoy being uber.

If enough people feel that way, it will get nerfed, and your complaint will be answered.
A lot of classes don't have the talents to support their AoEs even when they do get them until fairly late, while the tanks get them early. Even when they get them, its a matter of knowing what to do too. On my shadow priest, I can easily outDPS the tank in AoE. I'll go OOM pretty quickly, but thats another issue.

I know as combat on this toon, the tank would have to have a notable level advantage on me in order to beat blade flurry, which only hits two mobs out of a pack, and on my fury warrior on the way up a prot pally couldn't do more than constant cleaves unless he pulled two packs.
Every time I run dungeons and a Prot Pali is tanking they top DPS, it is either Avengers shield or HoTR one of those spells needs a nerf at L35-45ish.
Heirloom Tank out DPS's caster in Blues and Greens with green weapons ..news at 11.

In other news water is wet.

Back to you John...
Heirloom Tank out DPS's caster in Blues and Greens with green weapons ..news at 11.

Gonna stop replying to people who obviously havent even read my posts.

You obviously don't know how Vengeance works.

But I do, the thing is the majority of the damage was coming from HotR and AS.
If it was an issue with Vengeance then all tanks at that level would be doing too much DPS.

If you think it's too strong, then roll one and enjoy being uber.

If enough people feel that way, it will get nerfed, and your complaint will be answered.

I have an 80 prot paladin already, and before anyone says anything, I wasnt running meters on it while levelling.
Warrior tanks also do a lot more damage than the vast majority of DPS can. Vengeance + earlier access to AoE abilities + greater uptime on mobs = more damage.

This is a non-issue.
<---level 42 warrior atm. I've been leveling as prot. I outdps my groups.

Before me, I've had druid tanks. They out DPS the group.

See the trend..? Lowbie dungeons, we get it done easilly enough, free loot for everyone yet more perpetual whining and @#$% stroking. Just stop, seriously.
As Lesaberisa says, this really is a non-issue. Tanks doing significant DPS in AOE situations on low level dungeons is not, and has never been an issue that needs to be addressed. It's beneficial to everyone involved. Tanks that are still learning their role don't have to stress the whole time about aggro. DPS and healers don't have to worry so much about pulling aggro. Mobs die relatively quickly(a particular plus as even broken up some of the old dungeons are pretty long).

On top of that, you're talking about trash. Your DPS should still be outpacing your tank on Boss fights. If your only complaint is that it makes the expectations higher for your tanking druid, that's a pretty weak complaint. If you already have an 80 tank, you should already understand the role and a minor dps difference should not be causing you problems.
Is this a bad thing? Should we do less? Do you want to do more? Do you want dungeons to be even easier than they are now or make them harder by having tanks do less damage?

Or can your epeen not wait for 10 levels?
? Wow people will complain about anything.

This is nothing new.

Delete thread waste of bandwidth, just like the thread tooltips are.....
Thing I noticed is, I out-damage a lot of DPS in dungeons when you look at the overall damage (from the mid-levels to 80), but when you look at an individual boss fight, I am always dead last in damage.
Nevermind the DPS scales, I'm sick of loosing 30% of my health to avenging shield then dieing in one burst of damage during the stun.

Low level prot DPS does need to be scaled down for low level pvp.

As for pve as long as the tank holds aggro at low levels I dont care.

DPS meters only count at end game.
As a general rule, at low level, reactive damage counts for a lot (shield slams, revenge hits, retribution aura / shield spikes, etc), and mobs die very quickly. At later levels when it takes more to kill said mobs, this changes quite a bit, and reactive damage is more about the aggro it generates.

Sit back, buckle up, and enjoy the ride. You will have to actually earn your keep in later levels, where Warlocks truly begin to shine.
lol why are you running a dps meter before 80? (Soon to be 85)
Nothing matters till then, just have fun.....