Rets need Help

Paladin
12/05/2010 11:25 AMPosted by Carmie
How can the mechanics be fine when our mastery competes with our 31 point talent, and when our mastery is so utterly worthless?

I mean the mechanics of spells, however I do agree the mastery is quite worthless.

12/05/2010 7:24 PMPosted by Denevene
just a day before the new expansion, and people are still whining because they don't know how to play.

consult ur gs and Achivements. Before even thinking about talking about others lols
I also feel that a lot is wrong with paladins nowadays. I also use CLC ret to help me with the rotation, but I think it's an issue when players need a UI addition to help with their rotation. Some players, including myself, do not like using mods, or at least, prefer to run with very few mods at all. But it seems necessary to have a mod like CLC ret helping you along during complicated raid encounters that require your attention for many different things. I think blizzard strives for balance, but I don't feel like the paladin rotation is in line with the rotations of other dps classes. Throwing in Divine Storm and Consecration during AoE fights makes it more complicated, and your self buffs such as Avenging Wrath change your rotation significantly. I enjoyed our rotation before these changes. I had personally had no problems and would be ecstatic if it came back. In the mean time, I don't even like playing my paladin anymore. It's not fun. And isn't that what a game is supposed to be about? Having fun?
12/05/2010 8:29 PMPosted by Lolholy

get CLC ret of curse. it really helps with your rotation, and helps lower the randomness

CLCret in no way lower the randomness. It might well make it easier to manage, but the random procs are still there.
12/05/2010 9:59 PMPosted by Lukretia
I also feel that a lot is wrong with paladins nowadays. I also use CLC ret to help me with the rotation, but I think it's an issue when players need a UI addition to help with their rotation. Some players, including myself, do not like using mods, or at least, prefer to run with very few mods at all. But it seems necessary to have a mod like CLC ret helping you along during complicated raid encounters that require your attention for many different things. I think blizzard strives for balance, but I don't feel like the paladin rotation is in line with the rotations of other dps classes. Throwing in Divine Storm and Consecration during AoE fights makes it more complicated, and your self buffs such as Avenging Wrath change your rotation significantly. I enjoyed our rotation before these changes. I had personally had no problems and would be ecstatic if it came back. In the mean time, I don't even like playing my paladin anymore. It's not fun. And isn't that what a game is supposed to be about? Having fun?

I totally agree. I hit 80 just before 4.01 and have done little except mining with it since. Playing him is not much fun post patch.