Hunter's WoD Alpha Patch Notes

Hunter
04/04/2014 12:34 PMPosted by Pojjo
So Lone Wolf says nothing about compensating for losing Masters Call or Roar of Sacrifice. I feared as much. The 30% damage increase does not make up for the huge lose in utility and survivability, especially since we are losing scatter shot.

Aim shot in pvp is going to require the movement glyph which is a pretty big waste imho. Looks like BM is once again going to be the go to spec for competitive pvp.
We know very little aside from the foundation of the upcoming changes. It's entirely possible that Master's Call for example will lose its pet requirement with Lone Wolf.

We know !@#$ all about the expansion aside from the groundwork and systems changes. There's a lot of tuning changes that can occur. People are claiming that the sky is falling over the first iteration of alpha notes.
04/04/2014 04:35 PMPosted by Pojjo
04/04/2014 04:22 PMPosted by Whim
Two things to think about:

1. It's Alpha, not live.
2. Hunters are the reason why you don't see Blue posts in the Class Forums.

Im glad your level 8 warrior contributed to the discussion and didnt just post to sh!t on an entire class.
Except that I didn't sh!t on an entire class, I pointed out that you don't see Blizzard coming here and the reason why. If you had spent some time here you'd know that I only post on a level 8 Warrior and main a Hunter. Now are you going to just complain or are you going to think things through and figure out what's going to make it to Beta and what's not because right now we only know a what the taste of what's to come might be like.
04/04/2014 03:00 AMPosted by Rysdan
Hunter pets no longer have crowd-control abilities.

Without CC what will be the place/utility of the pet in pvp? If a pet cannot debuff it should provide a damage buff in one form or another. Eliminating pet completely eradicates the fun and dynamic of choosing/using pets linear, boring and irrelevant. We need something to keep each family of pet unique and dynamic to the point that at least your pet of choice feels significant to your pet load out.

In addition, stampede needs to have its cd drastically reduced. And dire beast should be permitted to spawn a pet form your stable as apposed to some random creature.
Pets will be consistent on target damage that can chase around LoS and deal damage even if the Hunter is CCed.

Pets do serve a purpose in PvP aside from Master's Call and Roar of Sacrifice. The changes to pets just allows Hunters to bring what pets they like versus a buff/debuff mini game. It's quite boring using the same pet nonstop every raid night because of buff comp.
04/04/2014 05:02 PMPosted by Bullettime
Pets will be consistent on target damage that can chase around LoS and deal damage even if the Hunter is CCed.

Pets do serve a purpose in PvP aside from Master's Call and Roar of Sacrifice. The changes to pets just allows Hunters to bring what pets they like versus a buff/debuff mini game. It's quite boring using the same pet nonstop every raid night because of buff comp.

well, to be honest, finding the right pet was satisfying and they kinda chase around los and do pitiful damage anyway. The only way I see this working, at least from a pvp and to a lesser extent pve cc stand point, they must jacking up the !@#$ out of damage. It just seems very cookie cutter no thought to me. The loss of Aspect of Hawk, in theory, should boost us out of mid pac for a dps spec, in theory. I'm not holding my breath though.
Also, as an aside, this kinda works if they fix our bugs, or better known as Hunter Flavor...ie Disengage actually working as intended instead of any damage boomeranging you back and losing a cooldown.
I did posted edited on 1st page and I saw SV's perks then added talent link.

Enhanced Camouflage and Improved Camouflage are very interest for the SV PvP. I can keep shooting while in camo against range caster for 6sec combat and Also Camo do healing every 1 sec by 6sec combat or unit full hp on non combat.

Other 2 spec don't have that Improved Camouflage(Camo no longer breaks from dealing or taking damage.) and just SV only.

All spec have Enhanced Camouflage(healing 5% of your maximum health every 1 sec while Camo is active).

So... I was thinking use Dragonhawk's or Wind Serpent's abilites debuff add into the Black Arrow+Eng Tinker macros for the SV and because of all pet's CC abilities are gone. Also I did look deeper and found they didn't add Warp Stalker's Time Warp (snare abilitie) to be remove. Hmm... maybe it do removed.

Problem is Hunter Pets now have a 1 second global cooldown , I think should macros pet's attack abilities into AS or ES for SV and other Spec do different. Because I think we have to watch pet's focus and gcd during the leveling 90-99.

Hunter’s Mark has been removed...I think that was remove spell cast and we still have Hunter's Mark passive baseline.

Kill Shot removed for SV but MM/BM keep Kill Shot, it didn't bother me but those are still hit like a wet noodle and disturbing that sometime never did reset the cd. So... I used Glaive Toss as finisher or snare+Dots to death.

Remember CC duration are change for the PvP and it is 6sec on WoD for 1 full CC spell. We have 8sec on since WotLK to MoP. Also the Diminishing Return for all CC and add new DR "Rooted" (SV's AoE trap and Narrow Escape).
on the subject of perks, the only dangerous thing from BM that i can see is the pet doing a ton of damage, making it imperative to CC or kill it. pets getting a 20% boost, and kill command getting a 20% boost on top of that. throw in the WoWY talent, and kill command will hurt.
MM gets their 40 yd attacks boosted to be 45 yd. crit will be even more vital for MM, since it'll refund focus from aimed shot and give them a serpent spread like ability.
04/05/2014 07:27 AMPosted by Mesti
the only dangerous thing from BM that i can see is the pet doing a ton of damage, making it imperative to CC or kill it. pets getting a 20% boost, and kill command getting a 20% boost on top of that. throw in the WoWY talent, and kill command will hurt.

Most Pvpers will do CC to the BM's pets all the times and wasting gcd casting mend to remove Magic CC. BM's pets have a 1sec gcd and hard to cast RoS when pet have an auto attack on. I notice removed Bullhead on WoWY for the the BM. So BM have to do maintain the pet attack because of the gcd.

I don't like to do full control the pet but can do a little bit control the pet and that what I can do SV then sometime MM.
04/04/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Ogilhinn
Leveling with Aimed and Steady Shot only is going to suck balls.

Lol? Leveling is fun?
The pet thing might be a bit intersting

Essentially, the really good hunters will know when to have their pets out to use Roar of sacrifice/master's call, and when to dismiss to prepare for their burst.
Im kind of bummed sporebat gets the big haste buff.

Such an ugly !@#$ing pet. Thats how you know blizzard hates us.
04/04/2014 05:00 PMPosted by Agathorn
And dire beast should be permitted to spawn a pet form your stable as apposed to some random creature

that can be a minor glyph or somthing >_>
04/04/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Ogilhinn
Leveling with Aimed and Steady Shot only is going to suck balls.
If you're using Arcane Shot as your main attacks while questing, then you're doing it wrong.

Aimed Shot will literally one shot mobs all the way up until level 80... where it's still better than Arcane Shot.

Leveling will remain just as easy.
04/05/2014 06:48 PMPosted by Kelarica
Arcane Shot as your main attacks while questing, then you're doing it wrong.

Not everybody enjoys looking at casting bars as much as you XD. Arcane shot spam is allot more active and fun since it gives you the sense of doing something than the sense of waiting for something.

That said, reading the notes, I noticed that Chimaera's FSB and Warpstalker's TW were not on there. Perhaps blizzard is just eliminating hard cc abilities like stun and roots while retaining pets with snares. To be honest the number of pets with snares listed on the removal list was the Croc.
GARBAGE HUNTERS CAN NOW BE EVEN MORE GARBAGE AND GET AWAY WITH HAVING NO SKILL AT ALL ;D GG. MOVING ON WITH LIFE
I did reread about SV's Camo from the perks for trying to understand and then finally that we have to use stop attack for 6sec during the combat. If ya still attack during the camo then it will break the camo and also lost healing buff.

Because "Dealing or Taking Damage" will not break the camo by your DoTs and target's Dots. I dunno about against melees for that taking damage.
04/06/2014 08:00 AMPosted by Agathorn
Not everybody enjoys looking at casting bars as much as you XD. Arcane shot spam is allot more active and fun since it gives you the sense of doing something than the sense of waiting for something.
Then level as Survival or BM?

Marksman is supposed to be about the slow, calculated big hits from Aimed Shot.
I have played this game we call wow since beta and it has became my main source of entertainment in my home. (sad) I'm not the shiniest apple on the tree but i do know my class and I watched it change over the years. I can't tell you how I like the new changes till i try them to see how it feels but what i can tell you is this...

BM feels right in MOP but does to much DMG in raid.

MM feels right in the rotation but doesn't do enough DMG in raid. (I really hate that this spec is mainly viable in PVP and not PVE)

SV feels right

BM and SV feels vary priority driven where as MM is rotation driven which in my mind is how it should be.

Arcane is a staple of all 3 specs not sure why you would remove it from MM.

I like the idea stampede being a talent but personally rather see only BM get this.

SV arcane s applying a serpent dot sounds a little dumb sorry it just does.

Are pets going to be OP or something? because i'm not sure why you would remove their crowd control that they bring the hunter class. To me it's played a pivotal roll in PVP and PVE.

Scatter shot removed!!!!!! Some body clearly does not like Hunters.....This is our O SH_T button don't take it away.

Distracting shot removed!!!! I guess i wont be saving anyone with that shot anymore... sorry healers sorry tank cant help you when the raid goes to hell.

Silencing shot removed!!!! with out this interrupt I would not be able to beat a warlock or mage let alone be able to burn down a capable healer. This has to be a joke or maybe you guys are changing it to counter shot..yeah that has to be it.

I understand that you guys at BLIZZ need to change some things around to make room for the new but none of this really sounds good to me. I understand try it before you knock it but again some of these changes do not sound good.

I personally preferred this game when we had more talents to choose from. The bigger talent tree meant that people were not as cookie cutter as they are now. It also felt like we had options and our characters where more personalized. I think the opportunity for people to have a hybrid class was their but now you minus well take any options away for individuality.

This game attracted me because I felt like I had freedom to really develop my character, my role, my class. But now it's another continual dumbing down of all these classes into something that is prefabricated with little to no viable options for individuality. It having the individuality of a class that makes this game great to the user. Yes, mathematically on a spread sheet only one of the builds will produce the highest number but when you add in the variables to encounter and the unpredictability of the human behavior or reactions it is those small but meaningful differences that make game into something more.

I guess in short what I am saying is Keep the steak not just the sizzle. Quit making the game easy for everyone, people will play regardless of difficulty as long as they feel the content and options are good. My experience in life has been that the majority of people like to have options.
MM I always thought was about burst , huge crits of dmg. In MOP as it stands now for MM without arcane shot MM would not be viable for PVP. A 2.5-2.0 cast time would certainly mean death for any spec of hunter if we didn't have the instant cast shots to back it up.
i can undestand some of the CC remove our class have since we have ALOT of diferent types, but yeah other classes like Rogues that can lock u down if u dont have a CC break, arent getting any remove, and i find that really wierd.

the Stamped change is really wierd, they have 2 abilities on that Tier MoC and Blink that do similar dmg, and now they put Stamped that is our 5m cooldown burst there is really wierd that chooice. plus when Beta come up and maths are done, we will see if a 5m ability vs a shorter one is worth.

Trap change if work as promise it will be a nice really nice change. but only if work as promise. we still have bind shot, Webs, and MM stun to land it if we need help.

we will see what happen, but some of the abilities we losing make a really good question, why? they making our classes a 3 button rotation preatty much for pve. lame really lame