Cataclysm Launch Reminders

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 28 29 30
12/06/2010 12:52 PMPosted by Lylirra

Q. Are any new realms being added tonight?
A. No. We've no current plans to release any new North American realms with the launch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

See you all in game!

Rethink this i reckon - 90% of the servers on Oceanic are 500-1000+ queue, this isnt weekend yet aswell and not peak time yet for WA.

12/07/2010 1:42 AMPosted by Shajin

A. No. We've no current plans to release any new North American realms with the launch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

See you all in game!

Rethink this i reckon - 90% of the servers on Oceanic are 500-1000+ queue, this isnt weekend yet aswell and not peak time yet for WA.

Yeah, waited 1hr 40 mins to log in and then bam, every server locked. What a waste of time.
12/06/2010 11:07 PMPosted by Edwryn
You see, with the lot of you with that kind of mindset, no wonder why they're low/dead. Instead of QQing about not having a new realm to play in, just go there and populate it. Having a new realm is just like having a low/dead populated realm. All because a new relam is introduced, do you think that it's gonna be instantly populated? I'll let you answer that one...or whoever else is crying about it.

I don't blame people for wanting a brand new realm. I went and did exactly as you suggested: I went and populated a dead realm and despised it just as much as you seem to hold disdain for those seeking new realms. The leveling experience was phenomenally atrocious compared to my experience playing on a new realm throughout the years in the past. The economy is skewed horribly and already established guilds, governed not by the brightest bunch too often (they're often the unimaginative, weak stragglers of already dying guilds), are incapable of realizing and unwilling to aide fresh-80 (or whatever) players to ease into the guild and continue with raiding, if that's your ticket. They might say they need to help guildies get geared out but does it happen? No, not really. Granted, that will be less a problem with random dungeons, especially guild dungeons, but that's if you manage to get into a good guild that actually cares to do much.

With a new realm, the economy rights itself quickly, there is much better price stability and low inflation for the sake of the leveling process, people talk much more often in the leveling areas and get to know each other and form groups that eventually lead to healthier guild relations, and the people who play hard leveling hard and stick together.

Instead people with old, dead, dying realms do nothing but enter the dead maw you wish of them. Like I said, I did exactly as you said and even succeeded just fine, but we went nowhere because it was a dead realm. It died for a damn good reason.

(And no, it's not the realm this character is on).
12/06/2010 2:48 PMPosted by Lylirra
Would you actually know, i mean have you talked to the higher ups?

Why, yes. Yes I did.

Well that's a rather rude question to ask the CM. They take the time to read through these forums and post (Which is entirely their discretion as to which posts they even respond to) answers to your questions, and you respond by questioning their ability to do their job effectively?

The least you could do is thank them for their time instead of slapping them in the face by questioning whether or not they know what they're talking about, or if they "checked in with daddy" before answering you.

If you're going to take that approach then perhaps you should just stop asking questions, given you seem to have so little trust in the answers you're given anyway.

(Yes, I'm aware that sometimes incorrect information is given, but that doesn't give license to start preemptively questioning the validity of a response when their isn't a shred of evidence that said response is in fact an error.)

I'll step down from my soapbox now.
12/07/2010 1:19 AMPosted by Tetuda
10 mins my ass. Installing from DVD and 1 hr 15 mins later I'm at 65%.

I do have to wonder how many people are going to pop in the DVD to install the files that they already have on their system..... but more current.

Unless you are re-installing, coming back to the game after a long absence or somehow managed to delete the patch files you don't need to use the DVD. All you need is the code.

1) Go to battle.net and and it will pop up a flash screen of which one option is "Activate Game Key". Click it and it will take you to a battle.net page that has 2 buttons which ask whether you have a battle.net account or not.

2) Click "Yes - Continue" and it will take you to a login screen.

3) Login with your battle.net login and password and it will give you a box to enter the code to activate the game key.

4) Once you go through all of that, it will tell you that your account is flagged for Cataclysm.

5) Run the launcher and it will do a small amount of file activation or whatever and take you to character select.

6) Log all the way out and go back in and the game will D/L the 800MB of data and you will be good to go.

You don't NEED the DVD in most cases as more up to date info is already on your system unless you haven't been playing or had to do something to your system.
12/07/2010 2:53 AMPosted by Direbane
12/06/2010 2:48 PMPosted by Lylirra
Would you actually know, i mean have you talked to the higher ups?

Why, yes. Yes I did.

Well that's a rather rude question to ask the CM. They take the time to read through these forums and post (Which is entirely their discretion as to which posts they even respond to) answers to your questions, and you respond by questioning their ability to do their job effectively?

The least you could do is thank them for their time instead of slapping them in the face by questioning whether or not they know what they're talking about, or if they "checked in with daddy" before answering you.

If you're going to take that approach then perhaps you should just stop asking questions, given you seem to have so little trust in the answers you're given anyway.

(Yes, I'm aware that sometimes incorrect information is given, but that doesn't give license to start preemptively questioning the validity of a response when their isn't a shred of evidence that said response is in fact an error.)

I'll step down from my soapbox now.

It was a valid question. With the wording she gave, it easily could have been 'no plans I know of' or no plans they've told me about, or really there's still the loophole of although no plans to open one today, guess what 3 open tomorrow... I work for a multi billion dollar company and need to know comes into play long before you start hitting VPs. Shoot there are things that i *know* my mgr is going to have me working on that I don't have details about yet....and the project starts next week.

Aww. I was hoping to play on a realm that wasn't flooded with level 80s and a broken economy, at least for a while.
12/06/2010 11:44 PMPosted by Aleshia
is it too late to buyt he digital copy of cata? its showing an error and im wondering if its cuz its about to luanch
i too would like to know this
Thanks for the info, Lylirra. Can't wait to receive my Collector's Edition Cataclysm in the mail today.
it didn't work for me. I installed from the dvd, it reverted me, and no patch data was reapplied
lol the wow website specificaly said it would be released 12:01 am pst. for those that don't know that means pacific standard time. aka california....shoulda used your brains.

edit.....somehow this ended up on the wrong thread sorry.......;(
But i was gonna punt it... :o
12/06/2010 10:58 PMPosted by Aidren
WHY won't blizzard understand that all they will have is a serious loss of subscribers/potential subscribers and a horribly tarnished reputation as a greedy company? WHY did you announce to the community that there will not be anymore new servers at launch JUST A FEW hours before launch when YOU KNEW that it was a very important subject to thousands of gamers?

Here is why : You scammed and duped us paying customers. You knew that many new and returning players alike wouldn't have bought/ordered Cataclysm nor renewed their subscriptions if we knew there would be no new server. Me and my friend fell for your little dirty strategy. Thanks greedy *#%*@%!s.

Wait, what?

It would be a scam if they said "We'll have new servers, we promise", and then turned around and said "sorry, no."

They never once said there would be new servers. They never hinted there would be new servers. Whenever anyone asked about new servers, they would say "we have no plans to create new servers."

It's not their fault that you assumed there would be new servers without a shred of evidence.
Yehh, so Blizzard, you should get a new server going in about a week, or else you'll probably lose a third of your customers. Thanks. Bye.
Dead servers means broken economy screwed up guilds , and to start a reroll would be insane. Blizzard set a pattern at past releases. weather they said it or not they should have released at least 1 new server. for gods sake merge a few crappers and rename 1 and re rerelease it. btw 1345 que
I like the idea of a new server, though I also think Blizzard should start initiating free realm migration very soon, two of the four servers I have toons on are locked 24/7 and this has happened with EVERY expansion drop, free realm migration would be a simple way to solve the locked realm problem for a lot of people, being i know at least ten other people from school that also play the game on the same server as me who simply can't afford the transfer right now and are just beginning to give up on the game because of horrible ques.
I have bought the new dvd and put it in 2 install it. I have been playing the game and all with no problems except. When i have made the new toons as gobblins , and the wolfs.. it is only allowing me 2 go so far b4 the whole screen goes black and frezzs the computer up... But i can still play my other toons and play my 82 toon and the computer is fine.... any way of fixing it