Can't trade or receive mail. Recruit a friend

Customer Support
Post Limit:
I made an account that is linked with my friends via recruit a friend (which is awesome for leveling alts I might add). I understand that some features are unavailable to trial accounts but I still have those restrictions after upgrading my account and purchasing a month subscription.

Is this right or should the restrictions have been lifted after purchasing a month of play time? It doesn't seem right that I can't perform basic functions like trading and receiving mail after purchasing game time.

After I get to 60 I will be transferring this character to my main account in order to have access to the expansions, so this isn't a temporary character and is far from my first. BUT it is the first time I have used the recruit a friend system and I'm unfamiliar with how it exactly works and this doesn't seem right.

Thank you
Trial restrictions remain on an account up to 72 hours after it is upgraded. The only restriction that is lifted right away is leveling past 20.
12/06/2010 5:09 PMPosted by Scüba
Trial restrictions remain on an account up to 72 hours after it is upgraded. The only restriction that is lifted right away is leveling past 20

Thank you very much! Very helpful.