Shockadin leveling is better than ret

Paladin
Yeah I said it.
It's boring.

Exo/holy shock/exo/exo/exo/holy shock...

ugh
How Dare You !

Holy paladin DPS, FTW !
eh i dont wanna hear anything about shockadins anymore i pull top dps as holy
12/08/2010 6:56 AMPosted by Yuee
It's boring.

Exo/holy shock/exo/exo/exo/holy shock...

ugh

Arcane Mages are so boring. Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast...

You've got other spells. Experiment.
Then you other dps suck. Holy dps is fun, but its not viable for anything else than the fun factor.
I wish the range on Exorcism could be increased to 40 with a glyph, but other than that, Holy is pretty fun to level with. It still feels rather odd though to be a DPS caster now, instead of doing the bulk of our DPS through Holy Shock and some beefier seals/judgments.

Seems so not-Paladin-like to stand there chain-casting Exorcism, even at melee range, because even with the spell pushback it's better than just trying to melee with seal/judgements/holy-shock.

Pretty sad though how baseline Holy damage judgments are completely diluted/weak now and really only good for the heal/haste that they deliver with the appropriate talents.

So, is the Mage class the only ones with a spell anti-pushback talent/ability now?
In my earlier testing, with my crap gear Ret did significantly more damage (about 20%). But I had heard that Mobs hit pretty hard in Cata, and I liked the flexibility of being able to heal well, as well as deliver some damage easily at range.

It may not work for everybody, because I level with my feral spouse and my DPS isn't as essential, but I found it very convenient so far. (Not quite yet 81).
Eventually leveling mobs hit hard enough that you'll spend more time healing than doing damage. It really could slow you down.

I'm prot in tanking gear, and even I have to be careful of getting 4-6 mobs at a time, which can happen in high spawn areas.
So far RET has been easier to level through 81.....obviously this might change as time goes on.......we will see.
12/08/2010 11:33 AMPosted by Elsey
So far RET has been easier to level through 81.....obviously this might change as time goes on.......we will see.

Did you test leveling as dps holy, I'm guessing? With gear that wasn't level 77 greens?
No, all testing has been with the equipment you see in my profile (as RET). I have slowly been trading crit for mastery and at like 12+ % it procs 3 Holy Power quite regularly so far....having fun.....
12/08/2010 12:39 PMPosted by Elsey
No, all testing has been with the equipment you see in my profile (as RET). I have slowly been trading crit for mastery and at like 12+ % it procs 3 Holy Power quite regularly so far....having fun.....

So really, what you're saying is that Ret is fine for leveling?

I don't really care either way, if the dps spec is faster/easier to level the healing spec, I'm okay with that. It's just that the scientist in me asks for proper experimentation to back up claims.
Yes. So far through 81 RET is working just beautifully. Nothing is hittting really hard enough yet and so far Im dealing significant damage with Inq in the rotation now.

I would also believe that Holy Paladins are surviving awesome (better than RET) with equal or a little less time leveling.....true I guess until lvl 83ish when youll start to heal yourself more than kill stuff.

But so far its fast and effortless.....and fun in a gank situation...which Ill claim as a paladin I "never' do..... :-)
Eh i don't doubt holy is good for lvling but i honestly dont see the problem with ret lvling either. My damage is plenty good to make short work of most mobs and having that 300% holy light after every kill pretty much keeps me going till i decide to go sell.

Holy is pretty vulnerable to ganks too, one interrupt and you're done for.