Divine Storm

Paladin
Am i the only person who feels this is almost as useless as Hellfire, or underwater breathing?
underwater breathing is quite useful.. in the right situation :p

12/08/2010 2:33 PMPosted by Raygecow
underwater breathing is quite useful.. in the right situation :p

Shame that couldn't be said about Divine Storm.
It would be a useful skill if it wasn't tied with crusader strike on CD. I don't see why since it does not generate holy power....
what you talking about willis?

dont you mess with underwater breathing...
it gotta either trigger holy power or not share the same cooldown as CS, as it is, it would only be useful on large mobs, which i'm told won't be in cata, so yeah, useless
12/08/2010 3:11 PMPosted by Rantis
It would be a useful skill if it wasn't tied with crusader strike on CD.

Words fail me at how spot on this is.
12/08/2010 2:31 PMPosted by Paniclol
Am i the only person who feels this is almost as useless as Hellfire, or underwater breathing?

Hellfire is indeed demo's choice of aoe right now. Underwater breathing is the SH** don't mess with it. Yeah Divine storm is pretty sad right now i wish they would bring back the old stuff D; maybe make the cooldown on divine storm not share with crusader strike?
Use it on trash packs of 5+ then its uber tastey, like cupcakes... *Goes and gets some cupcakes*
It is not good under any circumstances right now. Really, nothing for this spec is right now. I would elaborate... or I could just let you guys figure it out for yourselves when you level cap and find yourself in a state of hilarious disrepair not seen since, well, ever. The relative damage loss compared to the range in my guild groups is astounding, not to mention the fact that I'm taking about 30% of the groups damage due to mechanics very similar to early BC buhbyemelee cleaving mobs.

I don't even care that I would have been better off leveling my mage or druid alts instead of my shadowmourne ret; what I'm most concerned about is the fact that we don't even do enough in a group right now, damage or anything else, to justify taking so much extra unavoidable damage relative to range... again.

This isn't me saying that I'm doing horribly against horrible players of specs on an up-trend right now; this is me saying that given the equivalent skill among the guys I've played with for about 10 years now, our situation right now is very much busted, relatively. We have such bigger fish to fry that the divine storm issue isn't even on my radar.

Oh wait, maybe it is... did I mention that our prot warrior is often doubling my damage done and dps on packs, large or small depending on CC options, with cleave and revenge? Vengeance scaling issue? Perhaps, but it is incredibly demoralizing to see those kind of numbers coming from the person filling a niche that I'm pretty sure doesn't also consist of "outdamaging everyone else in the group." Crazy world we live in right now.