Missing XP bar

Technical Support
I had a reputation bar on my 80 hunter when cataclysm went live, but now I dont have an XP bar. No matter what I toggle on and off I can't get it to come up.

Quests are saying the reward I am receiving is XP, but killing mobs does not bring up a floating XP gain text. All my other 80s have their XP bars, just not my hunter (who I wanted to level first).

Is there some setting that I am too dumb to find?

Edit: please ignore this thread, I turned off XP like a year ago and forgot.
How do I toggle my XP bar on/off?
Dommenemon ,

Your xp bar is off right now because you've reached the highest level (60) you can get on a Classic World of Warcraft account. Once you upgrade the account, your xp bar will come on again and allow you to gain xp/levels again.

"A Lannister always pays his debts."
i just re-enstated my account and got cata but my xp bar is gone as well. i have a 76 pally which i dont know if he's getting any xp or not. i needs help!! how do you turn off/on xp?
Shammynator,

If you're not at your level cap but you lack an experience bar, then you may need to seek out "Behsten" in the city of Stormwind. He's hiding near the Battlemasters and can turn EXP gain off or on.

For horde, you'd seek out Slahtz in Orgrimmar.

Check your G-diffuser system!
My level 80 warrior is now missing her xp bar. I can do a quest and it shows I got xp but I dont know where its going. I visited Behsten in SW but that made no difference. I checked everything and I dont see what is causing this. Just checked all my chars that are not level 85 are missing their xp bars
Cali ,

When you visited Behsten, did you talk to him? He should have given you an option to turn the exp back on if it's off and off if it's on. In checking the character, the flag is currently not set so it's able to gain xp.

I started playing again with Cata upgrade level 80 Hunter has no xp bar but shows gains from killing mobs on new quest. Behren only gives option to turn off xp gains.
Goatbouy,

You mentioned you were showing gains from killing. Is this only the quest progress? Or are you seeing experience gain in your combat log?

If so, lets reset the game to default settings and then test out the game.

With the game closed please go to the World of Warcraft directory and move or rename your WTF, CACHE, and INTERFACE folders. Moving them to the desktop makes it easy to replace them if desired.

Check your G-diffuser system!
i also am missing my exp and reputation bar i gain exp from killing mobs and quest just no bar please help
Krinnix,

Is this on the character you're posting from? If so, you're at the max level already so you won't earn any experience.

If something else is going on, please try the steps mentioned above and then tell us your results.

I see. Then the following are the steps I recommend. Let me know your results.

With the game closed please go to the World of Warcraft directory and move or rename your WTF, CACHE, and INTERFACE folders. Moving them to the desktop makes it easy to replace them if desired.

If you're not at your level cap but you lack an experience bar, then you may need to seek out "Behsten" in the city of Stormwind. He's hiding near the Battlemasters and can turn EXP gain off or on.

For horde, you'd seek out Slahtz in Orgrimmar.

My level 80 warrior is now missing her xp bar. I can do a quest and it shows I got xp but I dont know where its going. I visited Behsten in SW but that made no difference. I checked everything and I dont see what is causing this. Just checked all my chars that are not level 85 are missing their xp bars

I just went through this. I would just like to throw out there that the addon Bartender 4 will remove your exp bar and mess with your bag and action bars. You can toggle on/off all the settings, or disable Bartender. This solved my problem. If none of the above methods help and you use this addon, please look into it. Very well might be the cause.
My XP bar is not showing, the rogue you speak of isnt even showing up in SW.. I know I have the expansion so i have not reached cap. I play my lvl 100 and I lvl my warlock (level 83 currently). Any ideas??