The new Ret. play style is a mess.

Paladin
Prev 1 3 4 5

The "rotation" is not that hard to figure out. The idea is that when certain abilities are active or proc, u have to decide which is best to use. When using AW, u always-always-always favor HoW>anything and DO NOT pop zealotry when using AW, ur just causing a dps loss for yourself. When wings ends, build up 3hp and go zealotry and only do cs-tv with a judge thrown in for obvious reasons. Just because AoW procs doesnt mean give up 3hp tv or HoW, so its ok to save that exo for when u really need a strong attack with nothing else up, not give it priority.

That's the thing - it's not hard, but it relies on tunnel visioning your procs. It's not hard, but it's not fun either. Also, we are not complaining about damage, but about the system itself.

So what if we need a lot of haste to get a 3sec cs cd to give us a more rhythmic rotation. Haste is and has been a great stat for us, in Cata haste is just better for us than it ever has. Mastery is nice, i dont get the complaining about having to much of it. I love when HoL procs and i have 3 hp already and can do TVx2.

I find Mastery procs fun too. However, while they're often fun, they are not a good allocation of item budget - they provide a very small DPS increase compared to the same rating added to Crit or Haste. Also, Haste provides an increased proc rate as well as more auto-attack DPS and lower CS CDs, so Haste provides the fun and the DPS. Why take Mastery?
12/16/2010 2:13 AMPosted by Sharrow

The "rotation" is not that hard to figure out. The idea is that when certain abilities are active or proc, u have to decide which is best to use. When using AW, u always-always-always favor HoW>anything and DO NOT pop zealotry when using AW, ur just causing a dps loss for yourself. When wings ends, build up 3hp and go zealotry and only do cs-tv with a judge thrown in for obvious reasons. Just because AoW procs doesnt mean give up 3hp tv or HoW, so its ok to save that exo for when u really need a strong attack with nothing else up, not give it priority.

That's the thing - it's not hard, but it relies on tunnel visioning your procs. It's not hard, but it's not fun either. Also, we are not complaining about damage, but about the system itself.

So what if we need a lot of haste to get a 3sec cs cd to give us a more rhythmic rotation. Haste is and has been a great stat for us, in Cata haste is just better for us than it ever has. Mastery is nice, i dont get the complaining about having to much of it. I love when HoL procs and i have 3 hp already and can do TVx2.

I find Mastery procs fun too. However, while they're often fun, they are not a good allocation of item budget - they provide a very small DPS increase compared to the same rating added to Crit or Haste. Also, Haste provides an increased proc rate as well as more auto-attack DPS and lower CS CDs, so Haste provides the fun and the DPS. Why take Mastery?

Hit the nail on the head for me.

Ive tried Ret while i was leveling up, could do 6-7k damage which was 1-2nd place at the time. Im not saying i cant make it work or that its gimped in damage. But 3 dungeons later, i respected to prot, its just a headache to play for me.
Hello.

I agree.

K bye.
^Wall of Text crits Xavierl for 102k (0 resisted,890M overkill)

Xavierl has died.

12/13/2010 4:34 AMPosted by Kapanda
I agree with a lot that is said but u should lvl to 85 before u go spewing out comments given its created around top geared to match the spec but i sholdn't have to be top heroics best geared to do decent in normal dungeons when u could just roll tho crowds i was mostlly top dps but at 85 in heroics wher u have to cc stuff i wind up sitting there watchign white damage sence i can't use holy wrath or i break he cc an cause a wipe so im hitting cc an judge no fun at all for sure but 1 thing is 1ce ur more geared ur mastery procs more but sitll a huge amount of the time where i loose focus b/c i only hve 2 buttons to hit pretty fail mechanics to be honest the hole spec is broken an the hole nerfing every attack an basiclly deleting ds u got nothing ot work with, if u don't blow ur cds ur dps blows bad, so i have to rely on cds to even do decent, an why are tanks top dps most the time anyway, an the hole buffing exercism was a joke if it snot undead it dont' hit for crap so u waste well i loose count on how many poitn su wastein exercism to incrase its damage even downt he holy tree 2 more points in it an even after i put the 2 ponts in it to incrase its damage by 20% still hit for the same, judge hittting for 1600 is a joke i know no other class that has anyy attack that hits under 5k non crit, an disagree with whatever aggree with whatever these forums have been blowing up for a whiel now with no response from the long forgotten blue post at all guess they are to busy with the mage forums seems to be all they care about, rets been getting nerfed for the past 6 patches or so u can only nerf a class so much before its useless every ret i know either quit rerolled ( like i pretty much just have my 81 lock hits harder than my 85 pally pretty say) or went holy port when i someone gonna fix thsi broken spec or very just a reply saying deal with it we dont' care , were workng on something, ... anything at this point would be nothing but improvement form what we have gotten.. nothing, but then again thinking back every time they touch pally they really mess it up this time they did much worse than couldof even been tought, an then they leave it broken an say oh well were not fixing it till next xpac, so only move u got that even hits ards is wing hammer tv witch said to be bufffed hits a lot lower an have been nerfed also judgement is nothing but a mana regen its damage is useless they needs to fix this an have a talk with who ever made these changes an let it go tho lol

AHHHH MY FACE

ret is op, kerri killed 2 people just by talking