Ret T16 4PC bonus is now a perk in WoD

Paladin
http://beta.wowhead.com/spell=174718

:D
This plus t17 set bonuses = FV+DP. proc city _____
Ugh .... I know some players like this, but its just so bad. It made zero sense in t16. "Forget about this one proc that you already have, but here is a new one that does more dmg". How about buffing the proc we already have? With haste as high as it is it would have played the same. And with Mass Exo Glyph it would have fit into many AoE situations that SoO had.
Well, you are gonna love t17 2p then Woa. For real, though, quit being a party pooper ;). Plus we all knew t16 4p was a bandaid for our aoe. Now that it's baseline we have real aoe potential. Only problem is it has rng. Better than nothing though.
08/08/2014 04:41 PMPosted by Maegoree
Well, you are gonna love t17 2p then Woa. For real, though, quit being a party pooper ;). Plus we all knew t16 4p was a bandaid for our aoe. Now that it's baseline we have real aoe potential. Only problem is it has rng. Better than nothing though.

Ill try to stop being a Debbie Downer. : )
08/08/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Woa
08/08/2014 04:41 PMPosted by Maegoree

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13594739655

Youre confusing this proc with being "bad" and Art of War being "forgotten". No AoW/Exo is not forgotten its just not worth casting, with or without the t16 proc.
I'm enjoying this new perk. It meshes well with Final Verdict.
08/08/2014 05:02 PMPosted by Priyanka
08/08/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Woa

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13594739655

Youre confusing this proc with being "bad" and Art of War being "forgotten". No AoW/Exo is not forgotten its just not worth casting, with or without the t16 proc.

I am not confused. i am VERY aware of our priority. My gripe was that the t164pc proc was poor design. You so soon forget that Exo was first in our priority, it hit harder than CS+mastery did. Its AoW procs were nice to fill in where SoB fell short. In my opinion, the 4pc should have buffed Exo and not give you a harder hitting DS.

We had one ability that everyone wished would hit harder, that would make our priority a bit more interesting. Instead they took Exo/AoW and gave it TV/DS. So instead of hitting Exo when AoW procs as fast i can like when MoP first dropped, i just hit CRTL/ TV (my aoe is just mod macros of my single target). I would have rather had my finger stretch to the Exo button since it so rarely gets used. And like i stated before with Mass Exo Glyph you get your aoe component right there.
While I understand where you're coming from Woa, I think the reason that it didn't go that way is because a simple X ability goes Y% more damage is extremely bland for a final tier set bonus. That's the sort of set bonus they give everyone in the first tier of an expansion, final tiers are almost always set bonuses that introduce new mechanics or procs.

Sure the end result would have been rather similar, but they way it accomplished it was different. (not saying that either option would have been "better" or "worse", just that it's not something they would have done in the final tier of the expansion).