Evil is a point of view being replaced?

Paladin
It's being replaced for blinding light..... I like my fear. Who in there right mind would take blinding light over rep or foj??? Fear adds so much more utility to us for different comps. Any else feel the same? What's your thoughts on losing our fear?
Maybe they'll just surprise us and make it baseline. *shrug* I think Repent and Turn Evil were being merged into the same DR though so there would be no point to having both if that's the case.

As a Hpally I'd like my instant BL back anyhow.

Edit: I should make it clear I'm not 100% certain on the DR thing. I've spent all my time on Beta testing the new Holy talents and not really caring about the CC/movement/utility rows.
Turn Evil and Repentance were far too similar in functionality to warrant them both acting as crowd control talents. Yes, arguments can be made regarding one fearing a target while the other remains stationary or how they share different diminishing return tables. When it ultimately came down to it, however, both were single target cast crowd control spells that broke on damage and lasted for 6-8 seconds on 15 second cooldowns.

Blinding Light adds much-needed variety to our T30 talents, since it being a short-range instant AoE disorient is much more unique in comparison to Fist of Justice and Repentance in both its functionality and how it's utilized. The issue is its 2 minute cooldown, short duration, limited range and instantly breaking on damage makes it very underwhelming in both PvE and PvP content.

They should dramatically reduce the cooldown, such as reducing the cooldown to 30 seconds, to offset its other significant flaws that hold back its viability.
08/06/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Areos
such as reducing the cooldown to 30 seconds,

O_O
08/06/2014 09:46 AMPosted by Ohmen
Who in there right mind would take blinding light over rep or foj???

I know you're talking about PVP but that isn't all there is to the game and it isn't all that is taken into consideration with the talent system.

I was personally glad to see Blinding Light make a come back. Glyphed Blinding Light was an invaluable tool in my CM runs and I was rather concerned about not having it to work with in WoD.

They should dramatically reduce the cooldown, such as reducing the cooldown to 30

I don't know about that low but since it now takes a talent point it should be somewhat lower. I would also like it to just be a default knock down instead of a disorient.

But as long as the glyph continues to exist for it I guess that's enough.
I'm in almost compelete agreement with Areos, but the 30s CD is too low. Personally i'd love it but the reality of the skill is it's a disorient version of a priest's psychic scream. Which is instant and 30 sec CD that is being boosted toa 45s CD in woD.

I think bringing it [blinding light] down to a minute CD woudl be fair sicne it has no target limit.
08/06/2014 01:06 PMPosted by Hoflerette
such as reducing the cooldown to 30 seconds,

O_O

Perhaps too low, but I can't see Blinding Light's cooldown remaining at or beyond a minute's time, especially with the major number of negative aspects of the ability.

Its one true benefit over Fist of Justice and Repentance is the fact that it affects all targets within its range, not just a singular target. But the fact that it has a restrictive 10 yard radius, instantly breaks on damage and only lasts 6 seconds on any and all targets gives the ability an extremely limited effectiveness in PvE while leaving the ability as a mediocre talent at best in PvP.

08/06/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
I don't know about that low but since it now takes a talent point it should be somewhat lower. I would also like it to just be a default knock down instead of a disorient.

But as long as the glyph continues to exist for it I guess that's enough.

Considering how there are rarely, if any, glyphs that affect talents, chances are that glyph will be removed.

I can see the knock down coming into effect in order to increase the viability of the ability in PvE content, as long as it continues to reduce the duration of the spell in return.

08/06/2014 01:25 PMPosted by Khalad
I'm in almost compelete agreement with Areos, but the 30s CD is too low. Personally i'd love it but the reality of the skill is it's a disorient version of a priest's psychic scream. Which is instant and 30 sec CD that is being boosted toa 45s CD in woD.

Psychic Scream has the benefit of not breaking instantly on damage, displaces the positioning of the target which is invaluable in a PvP situation, lasts much longer on PvE targets and is having some of its main counters nerfed in relation. (Tremor Totem)

Regardless, we shouldn't compare abilities across classes, lest we start calling for buffs to Repentance because it's not as super awesome as Cyclone or Fear. We need to compare the T30 talents to only each other, and I simply cannot see Blinding Light competing with Fist of Justice or Repentance with such a massive cooldown difference. It needs to be lower, much lower, to be comparable.
Honestly I don't see my self ever taking it over foj or rep unless it's atleast a 45 sec cd. Otherwise why would u take it over a 30 sec cd 6 sec stun? That's and extra stun every 30 seconds.... Vs a 2 minute cd blind that breaks on damage. Even if it was a 1 minute cd it would still not encourage me to play with it over the other 2...
08/06/2014 03:07 PMPosted by Ohmen
Honestly I don't see my self ever taking it over foj or rep unless it's atleast a 45 sec cd. Otherwise why would u take it over a 30 sec cd 6 sec stun? That's and extra stun every 30 seconds.... Vs a 2 minute cd blind that breaks on damage. Even if it was a 1 minute cd it would still not encourage me to play with it over the other 2...

Exactly. Being an AoE crowd control ability doesn't justify the many other shortcomings the ability has working against it. It needs some significant improvements.
I always thought paladins having a fear ability was pretty stupid ... unless you could somehow make it effect only those who are evil. Unfortunately in wow, specially PVP, that is not the case.

It had a slow cast time, east to disrupt.

Single target.

It didn't make sense for the class IMO.

Give us something meaningful in terms of CC that makes sense for a paladin to have.
08/06/2014 06:27 PMPosted by Sigismund
Unfortunately in wow, specially PVP, that is not the case.
you can fear warlock pets, psyfiends, and dk pets. So it's still very useful in pvp. (unless ofc people don't do that regularly anymore? I haven't pvp'd on either of my pallies since S13.)

Unless you're just talking about the talent being stupid and not the ability itself, if so then disregard my post.
08/06/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Jollycoop
08/06/2014 06:27 PMPosted by Sigismund
Unfortunately in wow, specially PVP, that is not the case.
you can fear warlock pets, psyfiends, and dk pets. So it's still very useful in pvp. (unless ofc people don't do that regularly anymore? I haven't pvp'd on either of my pallies since S13.)

Unless you're just talking about the talent being stupid and not the ability itself, if so then disregard my post.

You make a good point. Against those opponents it makes very good sense.