When is ret going to stop sucking?

Paladin
Post Limit:
Going to go on a neck-bearded key-board warrior short rant here:

When is Retribution in a pvp setting going to stop sucking? 2 times now in the space of less than an hour I've been removed from an oQueue group before we even joined a game simply because of my spec.

Add some legitimacy to my spec because prot is as useless as ever, and I have no desire to get an entire holy spec for the last 50 rbg rating I'm looking to get.
We'll know on the 14th.

In case you're wondering that is when WoD street date will be released
I wouldn't say we suck atm but we're not the best and I'm still very hopeful WoD will bring good news.
Hang in there brother, one day Ret's will rise to the Glory days of Wrath when we were two shotting rogues!

Hopefully.
inb4 "Nerfed to the ground baby" 2.0
Igetthatrefference.gif
Hi.

I'm 2650 this season.

l2p
Oqueue is serious business from what I hear.
08/09/2014 09:39 PMPosted by Kharmageddon

When is Retribution in a pvp setting going to stop sucking? 2 times now in the space of less than an hour I've been removed from an oQueue group before we even joined a game simply because of my spec.

Add some legitimacy to my spec because prot is as useless as ever, and I have no desire to get an entire holy spec for the last 50 rbg rating I'm looking to get.

Because compared to warriors/dks, our damage sucks. Warrior/dk are capable of self-heals as well.
Most of the groups full of sub-1500s on oqueue take themselves more seriously than people who cling to glad titles by ddosing, and if you are actually looking for rating you are really wasting your time by looking there.
08/10/2014 11:54 AMPosted by Cayse
Most of the groups full of sub-1500s on oqueue take themselves more seriously than people who cling to glad titles by ddosing, and if you are actually looking for rating you are really wasting your time by looking there.

This. They honestly believe that the reason they are at 1500 is because of a bad comp that has a ret in it...

Its because they suck, and has nothign to do w/ the fact they take a ret or enh, or ww over a war. But the problem is, they want to feel cool and base their epeen off of how much rating they have, which leads to such douchebaggery.

Meanwhile, my RBG team carried hangakufever on his ret to 2100 cr very easily. It can work. Any spec can get to 2k there in RBGs. The weaknesses of certain specs dont really shine until you start getting to higher mmrs around hero title. But sub 2k ppl dont want to hear that. Theyd rather believe and blame everything else other than themselves.
I can't tell you the tears of joy in my eyes when my RBG Leader asks me if I can go ret because he can only find healers.

No other joy compares.
08/09/2014 09:39 PMPosted by Kharmageddon

The real problem with Ret is the toolkit a melee dps needs just isn't there.

As we are all aware, basically no survivability at all outside of bubble, no personal utility(dark simulacrum, spell reflect, etc), poor cc, no instant gap closer, dispellable selfless healer procs(meanwhile dks for example can just endlessly spam their conversion macro), emancipate often being pointless due to perma slows. Outside of one 3s comp, Ret is nonviable.

Honestly for me the spec isn't even all that fun to play due to as soon as I start getting trained be it in randoms or arena, it just doesn't feel like I have any power to fight back, survive, or often even touch what is killing me.
We have the toolkit, but the things that made ret unique in the past were passed out to the other paladin specs + every melee spec gained their own versions of self healing/sustaining on top of the defenses they were already designed around.

Ret on beta is fun and honestly quite dangerous if played well. Not just within cooldowns either. I was kinda hoping holy/prot would lose more ret-centric perks but things still feel good right now.
08/10/2014 07:58 PMPosted by Lobster
We have the toolkit, but the things that made ret unique in the past were passed out to the other paladin specs + every melee spec gained their own versions of self healing/sustaining on top of the defenses they were already designed around.

Ret on beta is fun and honestly quite dangerous if played well. Not just within cooldowns either. I was kinda hoping holy/prot would lose more ret-centric perks but things still feel good right now.

]

What do you classify as ret-centic perks?
Probably should have used a different word lol, but I mean how a lot of our current class talents were pulled out of the ret tree going into MoP. Divine Purpose, PoJ, HA, Repen, etc. used to be things that made ret unique. While the generalization of some of our abilities made holy and prot stronger overall, ret gained very little from the other specs in return. The biggest gain was Devotion Aura from holy but we're losing that in WoD.

But it's been a while and there's little reason to take some of those talents away from prot/holy now (aside from just.. wanting ret to feel a little more unique from the other specs again lol). Like I said ret feels pretty good on beta. 35% execute range is great for example lol.
Ret is good on beta? It will be nerfed into the ground, cant have people crying about dying to ret paladins, now can we?
Ret actually might be good for RBGs with how Final Verdict and the free T16 4pc proc look on beta. Just AoE people down everyone in a county mile with Divine Storm. + Rets healing is better without battle fatigue, maybe will make Ret have better survival and healing utility.
I think shortnenting forbearance is a nice touch to but again nothing Holy hasn't also received.
08/11/2014 08:54 AMPosted by Krukgar
Ret actually might be good for RBGs with how Final Verdict and the free T16 4pc proc look on beta. Just AoE people down everyone in a county mile with Divine Storm. + Rets healing is better without battle fatigue, maybe will make Ret have better survival and healing utility.

Holinka responded to my tweets earlier today about this, and according to them, they are not planning on adding more utility to ret for pvp. Instead, they will give us good AoE damage in the form of our new Emp Divine Storm perk, making us be a higher end aoe damage doer similar to how warriors can cleave easily and dks can do spread damage.
It will be interesting. I know a lot of ppl are worried about ret in RBGs, but the 30s forbearance that happens to also effect holy will be helpful to us. It means that the cost of taking a ret w/ an hpal on the same team is minimized, so we may get a good role in RBGs w/ our good offhealing on others, more tankiness, and really outstanding aoe damage.
08/11/2014 09:31 AMPosted by Divium
I think shortnenting forbearance is a nice touch to but again nothing Holy hasn't also received.

30s less CD on hand of sac is pretty strong imo. If ret brings really good damage, and isnt the squishiest thing alive (or dead :P) then I think we will be more desirable for RBGs. Hopefully player bias will change concerning ret as well, as that honestly is our biggest enemy as a spec.