Protadins at 85

Paladin
So, as title says how is Protection at 85?

Would it be worth my time leveling my char only for prot? I read Ret is pretty useless, and gave up hope on it long ago..

I'm asking about both aspects, as in tanking/PVE and PVP.

And no, I dont want to heal brah
If you like tanking, it's seems solid right now. My friend and I are just starting heroics and it seems to be fine threat-wise, with good survavibility, and pretty good DPS. Prot WoG is absolutely ridiculous, so a pally tank can probably go further with a crappy healer than others, or can help lessen the pressure when things get out of control.

PvP - I think things are going to be somewhat different, i.e. more of a support role than before thanks to WoG. We're going to do some Tol'Barad, so I'll get a chance to see how hard he hits things (although it will be hard to tell until everyone has a full resil set).
now, i have only done 1 cata dungeon, but the one i did, blizzard did a good job making sure the prot pally can hold aggro, and has enough cc abilities to make the spec worthwhile. i am really enjoying leveling/tanking, and i think its the best spec for pallies right now.

most holy pallies are ooming like crazy in the cata dungeons, and youre right, ret is now a cute little brother you bring along because you have to, not because you want to...lol
12/13/2010 10:52 AMPosted by Joshavia
most holy pallies are ooming like crazy in the cata dungeons, and youre right, ret is now a cute little brother you bring along because you have to, not because you want to...lol

Only if most holy pallies are bad. If they are running oom then they are spamming FoL and not judging.