Healers taking the brunt of the Cataclysm

General Discussion
Prev 1 82 83 84
<---- and this one too.

Healing is fine right now. The issue, as many many people have stated, is a lack of group cohesion and ignorance of mechanics by the masses.

Read the stickies. Watch the youtube videos and figure it out already.
Shamans have the hardest time, our heals are lacking. Paladins should NEVER go oom.
02/26/2011 3:41 PMPosted by Neachi
Shamans have the hardest time, our heals are lacking. Paladins should NEVER go oom.

Are you serious? Of the 4 healers I just posted on I would by far say that this one is the easiest to heal with. I never have mana issues, thank you telluric currents, and I can generally keep the worst pug tanks alive fairly easily.

My druids on the other hand have to drink constantly but they still get the job done.
12/24/2010 7:18 PMPosted by Grimshott
DEAL WITH IT OR FIND A NEW GAME TO PLAY

The ironic part is, if the majority of them do just that, you'll be finding a new game to play, Hunterboi.

Are you serious? Of the 4 healers I just posted on I would by far say that this one is the easiest to heal with. I never have mana issues, thank you telluric currents, and I can generally keep the worst pug tanks alive fairly easily.

My druids on the other hand have to drink constantly but they still get the job done.

Yes I am, thank you. You aren't bad. Any healing class that is played well and has decent gear is decent at healing. When all gear is taken away, shamans are always the worst of the bunch.
Well who wants to play naked anyway?
02/26/2011 3:41 PMPosted by Neachi

What? You must not've played in awhile, since we got some buffs in 4.0.6 and more buffs in a hotfix. I have NO problem keeping up with the other 3 healers in both 5-mans and raids.
12/13/2010 9:41 AMPosted by Fash
Except no. I have a 70k mana pool and I very *very* rarely oom. You're doing it wrong.

maybe you are doing it wrong? the op is 4/4 of bot. you arent.

and what healer has 70k in a raid? thats pretty bad. if my guild took a 70k mana pool healer with us a to reg, it would indicate we are sc%%!%%# the barrel for healers.
Never ending trolls trolling trolls trolling.

I'm amazed that ppl are still having problems with healing. srsly hasn't this dead horse been beatin enough?

Here's what your issues are if you are ooming on 1 pull:

1. You are bad
2. Your dps is stupid
3. Your tank is bad
5. Combination of all of the above

On my tank while doing Lost City of the Tol'vir, in the room with the priest boss (the one with the pheonix adds and repents you), there is a 5pull, 4 pull, 2pull pat and 3 or 4 merchants along the east side and center just as you enter the room.

We tried to skip the first 5 pull but instead pulled the 5 pull, the 4 pull, the 2pull pat and a merchant or 2. Want to guess how that ended? We lived. The healer was indeed oom and we did indeed blow all of our CDs like a sailor blows his check on shore leave but we lived. Think we had a fire mage die out of the 5 of us but there is little I could do keeping that many mobs off of a fire mage aoe'ing his bum off with every CD popped. If the healer had gone oom on 1 mob then how did we survive?

This is how you can tell all of these ppl who are QQ'ing about going oom are bad or their group is bad.

Answer these questions:

1. Whats your highest value stat? What haste rating are you going for? Do you overheal? Do you top everyone off? Is your spec correct? Do you know what EJ means? Do you know what mouse-over macros are? Do you even know what macros are?

2. If the dps is taking dumb damage to stupid things (Example A: FIRE) do you heal them or let them die? Is the dps not watching their threat or not FF'ing and are they taking damage because of it?

3. Is the tank putting his back to mobs? Is the tank standing in stuff he's not supposed to? Is your tank saying stuff like "LOLCC? WHO NEEDS IT!"?

Is anyone not reforged, not gemmed, not enchanted or missing glyphs?

It should be pretty obvious what your problem is based on how you answer these questions.
Heroics were tough when my priest was undergeared, but i managed just fine by using heal and gheal mostly, and this is when priests were kind of UP.

take some time to learn how to play
12/13/2010 9:48 AMPosted by Klaern
It sounds like a lot of healers need to learn how and when to use their spells again... For example, flash of light is for emergencies, not spamming like it was in Wrath.

You can try to ram this logic down their throats all you like, but the truth is, many of the old-timers, well BEFORE WoLK, see the only reason for this change was because of a new design team who didn't like what the previous design team did and decided to revamp entire spellbooks.

This wasn't spamming one spell and only in Wolk. What are you talking about? It WAS the staple spell used with all the others, which by the way, they don't have the time to use anymore. They're too busy pressing all those buttons you don't call "SPAMMING" and they do call "SPAMMING" now.

So you can play off the complaints with the L2P garbage all day long, when the bottom line here is, some people aren't liking the drastic changes, having to keep up with addons that don't work anymore, overall bugginess and hotfixes, some of which (like predictive healing to the Blizzard UI) that we aren't even told about that went in. Instead we were told we were crashing right and left for weeks because our WTF & Cache folder was corrupt or we didn't update our drivers.

This week I switch over from my dps character to avoid 40 min queues to PvP queues that last 6 hours? Then my character sits down to drink and stands right back up - out of combat. My mage goes to make a table and it never appears but the CD is spent.

I've learned something alright. I've learned when to know when it's not worth it anymore.

If saying what you don't like or what's broke is now a crime, you people have become the elitist jerks everyone says you are.