Guild System FAQ/Guide

Achievements
Post Limit:
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
01/16/2011 8:08 AMPosted by Garthuu
i understand that blizz doesnt want us guild hopping. But dont you loose all guild perks and you start over in a new guild from 0 to exaulted?? That is enough for the smart player NOT to change guilds. So why not allow guild rep to gain until you reach 85 for quest XP's??

Not really sure what you're asking here. Guild Perks (those unlocked by having a specific guild level) are applied to every member of the guild regardless of reputation. Guild Reputation counts only for Purchasing (and using) some Guild Rewards.

For instance the Battle Standards require Friendly to use. The summonable guild bank chest requires Friendly to use. But the Heirlooms require no reputation to use. The pets require no reputation to use. The mounts require no reputation to use. Once purchased, these items are yours and are not taken away.

Guild Rep IS gained from level 1 to level 85 and after. Unfortunately because it is gained as a percentage of Guild XP earned, and Guild XP is a percentage of Quest XP, the number is just a low one at low levels.

The tone of your post implies that you're upset about Guild Rep resetting when guild hopping. You immediately benefit from any unlocked Guild Perks of the new guild you join upon joining it. The items that require reputation to use only require Friendly. Friendly can be obtained on day one of joining a new guild (because Friendly requires 3000 rep, and the rep cap is 3500 rep).
Cleaned up some formatting in the guide, added a number of concerns/suggestions, reworded some stuff.

Had to remove some stuff that didn't seem relevant any longer because I'm constantly smacking the 5k character limit per post.
Post removed after doing research !!!!
01/18/2011 8:09 PMPosted by Særea
Post removed after doing research !!!!

Now I wonder what the post was, it's good you found your answer though :)
The part where it says old 40 man raids are an exception and can be done with 10 people... what about old 25 mans? My guild wants to do BT but we're not clear on how many people we need. Is it also 10 for that size of out dated raids?
01/22/2011 7:27 PMPosted by Førte
The part where it says old 40 man raids are an exception and can be done with 10 people... what about old 25 mans? My guild wants to do BT but we're not clear on how many people we need. Is it also 10 for that size of out dated raids?

According to information released during the beta, TBC 25 man-only-raids are treated as 10 man raids and can be done with just 8/10 guild members to receive guild group credit.
What I don't understand is that if you are the guildmaster of a guild that existed before cataclysm you can't get the achievement Everyone needs a Logo. The achievement is creating a guild crest and mine has one. But we do not have the achievement. Anyone know how to fix this or if something is being figured out? Any info would be nice.
01/25/2011 11:37 PMPosted by Fenrirsxbite
What I don't understand is that if you are the guildmaster of a guild that existed before cataclysm you can't get the achievement Everyone needs a Logo. The achievement is creating a guild crest and mine has one. But we do not have the achievement. Anyone know how to fix this or if something is being figured out? Any info would be nice.

I recall hearing that this is a known issue, and will eventually be fixed.
I'm 85 now. Should I do dailies? Go to Hyjal and start questing? Or something else?

What's my best/fastest option?

I'm 2864/6000.
Also, if I'm wearing any sort of rep tabard, does that mess up gaining guild rep?
02/01/2011 8:44 AMPosted by Eimajevil
Also, if I'm wearing any sort of rep tabard, does that mess up gaining guild rep?

Finishing out high level quests you haven't done is probably the fastest way to gain guild rep. Just make sure you're not rep capped for the week (ie if you turn in a quest and don't see any rep gain, don't turn in any more till next tuesday).

02/01/2011 8:44 AMPosted by Eimajevil

Tabards have no effect on guild rep.
I have a question? what do you do when you have a character in a guild that everyone quites and leaves you as the GM? one of my characters is stuck like that.
02/03/2011 5:41 PMPosted by Roferus
I have a question? what do you do when you have a character in a guild that everyone quites and leaves you as the GM? one of my characters is stuck like that.

You can use /gdisband I believe to dissolve the guild your character is stuck in.

However, if you've got any number of gbank tabs you may find someone willing to "buy" the guild your character is stuck in (if you don't want to keep it yourself) for a bank alt guild. In which case you'd /ginvite them, receive your payment, promote them to guild leader with /gleader and then /gquit
02/04/2011 5:33 AMPosted by Sariax

You can use /gdisband I believe to dissolve the guild your character is stuck in.

However, if you've got any number of gbank tabs you may find someone willing to "buy" the guild your character is stuck in (if you don't want to keep it yourself) for a bank alt guild. In which case you'd /ginvite them, receive your payment, promote them to guild leader with /gleader and then /gquit

Okay thanks I'll try that
Yesterday's hotfixes included a buff to Raid boss GXP/GRep, however according to the hotfix notes it won't go into effect until the next realm restarts.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389

The amount of guild reputation and guild experience gained from killing a raid boss has been dramatically increased, as the previous rate felt too low compared to the difficulty of progressing through raid content. This change will require a realm restart to take effect, which will be next Tuesday's weekly scheduled maintenance at the latest.
I left a guild right after Cata. I did have a fair amount of rep because of the glitch in rep reporting.

30 days later, I had not joined a new guild and the guild rep went away on its own. The guild rep bar disappeared, as I recall.

So, guild rep does expire after some time. This might not be noticeable to those who join another guild fairly quickly after leaving one, as the new guild membership erases guild rep and starts the player at neutral with the new one.
01/24/2011 6:55 AMPosted by Sariax

According to information released during the beta, TBC 25 man-only-raids are treated as 10 man raids and can be done with just 8/10 guild members to receive guild group credit.
did the 3/5 = 50% rep gains 4/5 100% 5/5 125% thing go into affect for old stuff by chance?
02/21/2011 5:06 PMPosted by Taggthemage

did the 3/5 = 50% rep gains 4/5 100% 5/5 125% thing go into affect for old stuff by chance?

That applies only to 5 man content, but I have no reason to believe it didn't go into effect for all five man content.
IF PvE people get Rep from quest and Dungeons, us PvP people should get it from Honorable Kills, Winning anytype Battleground not just rated, and Arena.. It is unfair to the people who do not like PvE (Dungeons, Quest, Raids, ETC). We should get more guild rep from PvP Based game enjoyments.
02/22/2011 11:08 AMPosted by Levey
IF PvE people get Rep from quest and Dungeons, us PvP people should get it from Honorable Kills, Winning anytype Battleground not just rated, and Arena.. It is unfair to the people who do not like PvE (Dungeons, Quest, Raids, ETC). We should get more guild rep from PvP Based game enjoyments.

A blue already acknowledged that PvP is lacking in appropriate compensation, however, they need a major content patch to do anything about it.