Archaeology-Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds

Professions
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
AHHHHH my eyes are about to fall out I've been trying to farm this so long.

Seriously though, any blue's want to chime in and at least get my hopes up by telling me this thing exists?

I'm really starting to be prejudiced against trolls.
12/10/2010 11:48 AMPosted by Verboten
Getting troll fragments after 450 is much slower than beforehand, so hoarding as many as possible is the ideal way to go.

Why would it be harder after 450? I don't see any reason as to why. Tol'Vir is in Kalimdor, so if you're farming Troll in EK the chances of a Troll digsite spawning would still be the same as ever.

(And why does it show my achievement points as 4.9k, when it has it as 5.6k in the armory page?)
12/10/2010 12:04 PMPosted by Winterblade
12/10/2010 11:48 AMPosted by Verboten
Getting troll fragments after 450 is much slower than beforehand, so hoarding as many as possible is the ideal way to go.

Why would it be harder after 450? I don't see any reason as to why. Tol'Vir is in Kalimdor, so if you're farming Troll in EK the chances of a Troll digsite spawning would still be the same as ever.

(And why does it show my achievement points as 4.9k, when it has it as 5.6k in the armory page?)

It is harder because dig sites start spawning in Vashj'ir and Twilight Highlands. I assure you, swimming around in Vash which is so out of the way gathering artifacts is really annoying.
538 troll fragments +17 tablets for when I hit 450. Now working on my third lizard foot. Wooo diggin.

Got some neat stuff solving other races to level so I can't complain real hard, but some solid info on how this actually works would be nice.
12/10/2010 12:06 PMPosted by Restroombear
12/10/2010 12:04 PMPosted by Winterblade
[quote="14060466043"]Getting troll fragments after 450 is much slower than beforehand, so hoarding as many as possible is the ideal way to go.

It is harder because dig sites start spawning in Vashj'ir and Twilight Highlands. I assure you, swimming around in Vash which is so out of the way gathering artifacts is really annoying.[/quote]

Exactly, and not only is there more travel time, but as far as I can tell there are no troll digsites in any of the Cata zones in EK so the overall % of troll sites is lower. Add in high level mobs to deal with (Grim Batol is especially annoying) and it's much slower.

I can confirm that the sword does exist, and it will be in my possession in the time it takes me to collect 83 more fragments. :)
Guess I'll keep at it then if Mr. DK got lucky :O

Though I have terrible luck.
12/10/2010 12:15 PMPosted by Verboten
I can confirm that the sword does exist, and it will be in my possession in the time it takes me to collect 83 more fragments. :)

Can you tell me if you've got any other rare/epic discoveries active as your next solves in other races?

And grats is due.
12/10/2010 12:20 PMPosted by Cayse
12/10/2010 12:15 PMPosted by Verboten

Can you tell me if you've got any other rare/epic discoveries active as your next solves in other races?

And grats is due.

No other rares are currently active, but when the sword became active I was working on the rare elven mirror. And before that I had the mirror, the rare dwarven hearthstone and the tol'vir epic ring active at the same time.
Thanks for the answer. :)

I've been digging (>.>) through old posts trying to stomp a beta rumor that you couldn't have it come up if another epic discovery was active on another race, so it's definitely a relief for me.

And curse your luck with epics!
I have the wisp necklace active atm, wishing I could trade it for the sword :(
I've gotten Fossilized Hatchling and Highborne Mirror active at same time.

And I had no idea that there were digsites in Vash/Twilight, seeing as how Tol'Vir/Uldum is the only high lvl archaeology stuff. And there are no artifacts in either NE or Dwarf that require anything above 225...

If this is the case, I might just have to horde Troll fragments and level up to 450 in EK alone. No going to Kal, Outlands, or Northrend... At all.

(They really gotta allow a "preferred digsite" option, not a "only spawn this" but more like a increased chance of getting it.)
If you want to be as efficient as possible definitely level in EK the whole way as a DK. I set my hearth to STV, and between that and our portal up north, it saved heaps of travel time.
Northrend is actually a nice break from Azeroth, and it's got a ton of troll frags.
Hey Verboten, would you be kind enough to tell us what you have completed at the time you got the sword to activate? I guess we are trying to figure out if it is completely random after 450 skill or if there are some other factors involved.

Was you 85 and 525 skill when it activated? Have you dug up an artifact for all available races? Did you complete at least one common for each race? As far as I am concerned, you are the first to post you have it and will be world first with it. That can't be taken away from you and it would be appreciated if you could help us other "Harrison" wannabe's with your superior digging skills :D

Thats what i'm curious about, were you lvl 85 before the sword popped up in your journal ?
I'm gonna try northrend now because honestly I need a break from EK. I hope there really are a ton of troll digs :O

EDIT:

Wow, my luck is the same throughout this game. I can get rare stuff but never the item I want the most.

Got to northrend, and on my first vykrul pick I get the project for the 1h axe.
It's chance after 450, think of it like the Green proto mount, some got it first egg and some suffered months until they got it.
12/10/2010 1:30 PMPosted by Epox
Hey Verboten, would you be kind enough to tell us what you have completed at the time you got the sword to activate? I guess we are trying to figure out if it is completely random after 450 skill or if there are some other factors involved.

Was you 85 and 525 skill when it activated? Have you dug up an artifact for all available races? Did you complete at least one common for each race? As far as I am concerned, you are the first to post you have it and will be world first with it. That can't be taken away from you and it would be appreciated if you could help us other "Harrison" wannabe's with your superior digging skills :D

Just solved it a few seconds ago! :)

Sure, I'll say whatever I can remember. I was 85 and 525 skill when it activated.

The sword was my 10th rare activation, and the 3rd epic. The other two epics were the raptor mount and the tol'vir ring. I solved only 1 item for the draenei, orcs, and tol'vir, and numerous items for the dwarves, elves, trolls and fossils. I never even set foot on northrend for the other 2 races, except to get the final troll fragments.

The sword activated after I solved the Cinnabar Bijou for the 4th time. After 450, I solved about 30 troll items before it activated, and about 20 of those were at 525.

That's all I could think of, hope you get some use out of the info.
12/10/2010 2:42 PMPosted by Verboten

Sure, I'll say whatever I can remember. I was 85 and 525 skill when it activated.

The sword was my 10th rare activation, and the 3rd epic. The other two epics were the raptor mount and the tol'vir ring. I solved only 1 item for the draenei, orcs, and tol'vir, and numerous items for the dwarves, elves, trolls and fossils. I never even set foot on northrend for the other 2 races, except to get the final troll fragments.

The sword activated after I solved the Cinnabar Bijou for the 4th time. After 450, I solved about 30 troll items before it activated, and about 20 of those were at 525.

Well that does it for me, i'm gonna finish grinding to 85 before i dig again.
12/10/2010 2:42 PMPosted by Verboten

Thanks for the great info man! Congratulations on your weapon as well