60-85 leveling guide?

New Player Help and Guides
Are there any intermediate level guides to the different progression paths for levels 60-85 ? I'm not really familiar with the expansions or anything beyond vanilla.

I can ask the same question.

After three weeks I'm just beginning to know the layout. Unfortunately that is only for Classic/Vanilla. On both the outdated guide I have (©2007 BC BradyGames Guide) and on websites I hear that there are socketed items that become highly important once you reach the higher levels. I haven't seen anything that can be socketed yet.
Not to sound offensive, but why would you need a leveling guide in Outland and Northrend? The quests chain together and lead you from zone to zone very well. Where one hub ends, another starts. If you get tired of a zone, look it up on Wowpedia.org to see what the alternative would be. It's not like there are dozens of zones in Outland or Northrend like older Azeroth.
12/10/2010 9:14 PMPosted by Icedragon
Not to sound offensive, but why would you need a leveling guide in Outland and Northrend? The quests chain together and lead you from zone to zone very well. Where one hub ends, another starts. If you get tired of a zone, look it up on Wowpedia.org to see what the alternative would be. It's not like there are dozens of zones in Outland or Northrend like older Azeroth.

I don't need a guide, it would just be nice. The last time I played, level 60 was the cap. Right now, I'm level 50 now, and a lot of things have changed since Vanilla. I would like to know what's coming up, as I honestly don't know what's changed, and what's new.
The quests themselves are your guide. A little bit of intelligence is your guide.

- Corylyn/Wynnoa, Wyrmrest Accord
Zygor Guides! ZYGOr. Holy crap man, ive had a few guides and Zygor is the absolute best.
google james alliance leveling guide. It works decently. Basically filters out the "waste of time quests" and moves you from zone to zone nicely. Has horde version as well. Not sure if its updated currently. There is also an ingame addon that works too, (same site) kinda like quest helper.

Yeah atm im working on my druid(rahruck) and hes 1 bar from 60, i was wondering as well if there are any guides out there ( for free)
Man! It totally stinks of paladin all up in here, all licorice and old socks.

Someone open a window.
02/28/2011 6:41 PMPosted by Illikås
Yeah atm im working on my druid(rahruck) and hes 1 bar from 60, i was wondering as well if there are any guides out there ( for free)

Necroposting is against the rules and very rude. Check the timestamp of the original post before adding to it.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Zones_by_level

That's the only guide you'll need.
Honestly the best things you can do:

1. Check this website regularly: http://www.wowpedia.org/Zones_by_level
2. As soon as you are the MINIMUM level to go to a new area, DO IT immediately. Open up your quest log and just abandon all the quests from the previous area, UNLESS there is a really nice gear upgrade reward from one of them, then maybe complete it first, then move to the next area. At level 68, without hesitation ABANDON all prior quests and head immediately over to Northrend. Even the best quest reward from the Outlands will suck compared to the crappiest gear in Northrend. (same thing for leaving northrend to cata areas).

3. Another general rule: Open up your quest log, abandon any quest that is GREEN in color. Do only yellow or higher quests (orange and red are possible too). But the optimal color is YELLOW, at any given level.

4. Right at level 80, again, abandon all previous quests and go to the cata areas immediately, i.e. Mt. Hyjal or Vash'jir.

5. Another thing to consider is that sometimes gathering herbs / ores can make you as much exp as doing a quest that takes the same amount of time, so having mining and herbalism and gathering while you do quests is a great way to fill in the gaps with more exp.

02/28/2011 7:06 PMPosted by Icedragon
Necroposting is against the rules and very rude. Check the timestamp of the original post before adding to it.

Ahaha didn't notice OP was so old. But honestly, in THEORY someone else with the same question might read this thread and save the hassle of posting the same exact question again, so I don't think it is a huge big deal. But yeah flipping 10 pages back in the archives and answering posts from 2 years ago is not a great idea lol.
This is from a new player who has just reached level 85:

Do all the 'abandon and move' things if levelling quickly to 85 is your only concern. However, if you are at all into achieves, or don't want to turn quests into solely disposable levelling, it would be a good idea to complete a zone's quest chains unless you get really bored with them.

Plus, some quests chains have nice blue rewards.

The herb and mining advice is also very good. I have them, and they very good XP and gold.

Another thing to keep in mind is to always log out in an area where you are resting. The double XP from monster slaying and herb/ore gathering will propel you along very nicely.
If one is actually looking for a free leveling guide, the Jame's leveling guides mentioned above are very good and are free. Google is your friend. I won't make a recommendation as to commercial ones since that's probably a ToS violation.