How to disable tooltips in combat?

General Discussion
Is there a option for this in options anywhere?
Make a macro.

/script GameTooltip.Temphide = function() GameTooltip:Hide() end; GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Temphide)
/stopmacro [btn:1]
/script GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Show);

This will disable tooltips when you left-click the button and re-enable them when you right-click the button.
Source: wow.joystiq.com
There should also be a box for this in the Interface Menu Options.
Custom bar mods can do this although I don't think the default UI will. (default UI has the option to disable button swapping during combat, but not tooltips)
12/14/2010 9:37 PMPosted by Thander
Custom bar mods can do this although I don't think the default UI will. (default UI has the option to disable button swapping during combat, but not tooltips)

hmmm.

Not tooltips, eh? I learned something new today :)
thx.
i could have sworn there was an option for simple tooltips, my girlfriend's UI was like that. It showed the name of the spell but none of the description. I'm trying to look for the option but either its no longer availible or maybe she had a mod i didn't know of.
Highly Customizable addon for the tooltip box
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tip-tac
Make a macro.

/script GameTooltip.Temphide = function() GameTooltip:Hide() end; GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Temphide)

/stopmacro [btn:1]

/script GameTooltip:SetScript("OnShow", GameTooltip.Show);

This will disable tooltips when you left-click the button and re-enable them when you right-click the button.

Source: wow.joystiq.com

The best macro ever thank you so much
Necro but useful :D
and taptic is good too thank god for that macro tho used to be so annoying having to move my mouse cursor away from the raid all the time coz bloody tooltips would popup where ive got healbot
I concur, best macro ever. Thanks for sharing it!!!!!
The macro works amazing, thanks!
...Imma just sweep this necro under the rug, even though it also needs a redirect.
Macro is awesome! tyvm
Gamechanger!
Thanks for the NECRO. Bookmarking for later reference.
Thx Mate, Help me alot.