Easy way to obtain cool flying mount

General Discussion
Hey,

So I decided this was going to be my guy to level to 85 but I just have 1 problem with him, he has no cool flying mounts because I did not play him at all in woltk. Can anyone think of a way of getting a cool flying mount like a drake or something without a ton of effort needed. The only easy one I could think of is the timed heroic strat run but that might be hard to find a group outside of getting a couple guildies to do it real quick i suppose. Any others?

Thanks
Heroic Culling of Stratholme. Defeat the second to last (optional) boss.
12/16/2010 2:35 PMPosted by Fanahlia
Heroic Culling of Stratholme. Defeat the second to last (optional) boss.
That is one option.

But you still have to pay for it. With that said, from 80-84.5 on my shaman I have managed to get 3500g just by picking the most valuable quest rewards and vendoring everything I did not use.

I imagine that by auctioning off greens you could probably make 4k+ VERY easily just by leveling, and pay for your epic flier in no time after hitting 85 and doing a couple dailies.
Most drakes are fairly easy to get at this point. Unless they have been removed, Black and Blue Drakes can be acquired by killing bosses. Bronze is a guaranteed drop in H:CoS and Red is purchaseable from the Wyrmrest Accord in Dragonblight once you are exalted. Maybe try powering through Stonecore and hope to what ever Deity you believe in that Slabhide drops the Stone drake mount thing.
12/16/2010 2:41 PMPosted by Jouët
Netherwing FTW.

There is also this, or the Shatari Skyguard quests in Outland. At 80+ those are simple timesinks, not hard at all.
Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake <---- Cool new mount. It's been dropping in Reg Stonecore off Slabhide. It's much cooler than that lame Reins of the Bronze Drake.....okay, it's not that lame...just common.
12/16/2010 2:41 PMPosted by Jouët
Netherwing FTW.

Definitely! Bought each of the mounts since I love them so much. And easy to get, just a time sink.
Bronze Drake is probably easiest to get. Run one Heroic Culling, it's very likely that the other 4 people in the group already have one.

Nether Drake probably has the best investment:coolness ratio. It's the first drake mount, it's old school, and doesn't require a lot of money... just time.
Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake <---- Cool new mount. It's been dropping in Reg Stonecore off Slabhide. It's much cooler than that lame Reins of the Bronze Drake.....okay, it's not that lame...just common.
Sarth 3d is super easy now and drops a cool mount but you'd have to win the roll (or bribe the winner).

Celestial Steed (aka Sparklepony) from the Blizzard store is not a bad mount for a Paladin if you feel like plunking down $25.
Not sure if the wrath tabards work in cata dungeons but you could always put one of those on and just go about your cata stuff.
A "cool" flying mount is a requisite for you to level a character to 85?
Swift Wyvern Reins.

No one else uses them anymore.
I've been working on getting a Cenarion War Hippogryph myself - I think they look really cool and are relatively easily obtained (not through any difficult achievements or dungeons). You have to become exalted with the Cenarion Expedition, then you can buy it for 1600 gold. There are some quests and dungeons you can grind in Zangarmarsh in Outland to build up the rep, and they'll be super easy if you're 80 or higher.