On a 1-10 scale how bad was holy nerfed?

Paladin
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
12/14/2010 6:14 PMPosted by Holysquid
About a 7.
I'll give it about a 2.... I did 25 man BoT last night and i really didnt find it all that bad.. yes you cant get holy power from holy light but its not impossible to heal.. there are so many holy pally's qq'in about healing, when currently we still are #1 for any healing class. This isn't going to be like wrath where you can face roll your way to free gear, people actually have to try to play there class, and im all for it.. time to weed out all the baddies.
I heal fine. You can still get your holy light up crazy fast with holy shocks.
The class can still heal, you know, with the same 3 spells we've been using for years. The nerf just took 2 of our fun spells out of the rotation for much too long.

This healing model is about as fun as watching paint dry :/
Posted by Pallama
The class can still heal, you know, with the same 3 spells we've been using for years. The nerf just took 2 of our fun spells out of the rotation for much too long.

This healing model is about as fun as watching paint dry :/

3? I use all my spells..
12/14/2010 6:14 PMPosted by Soluth
10 by far. It used to be holy light on tank and shocks on the dps, then LoD on everyone too top off the tank.

...and with comments like this you wonder why we got nerfed??

Seriously???

Where is Word of Glory? Where is Flash or Divine Light? Where is Holy Radiance? This is exactly why it got nerfed. People were using a method that was just as brainless as Wrath healing was. This goes against everything Blizz has spent months telling us about CATA healing.

Stop crying that CATA is harder than Wrath. Stop whining that Blizz is targeting Paladins and trying to make us fail. All healing classes are having a tough time, this just brought us in line with the others.
3 to 4. Not for the ToR nerf, because that has hardly affected my healing style at all, but for the Light of Dawn nerf.

40% reduction has made it almost as useless as it was before they changed it to Holy Power.
Posted by Cyriaa
10. it's bad enough to reroll runescape.

I'm absolutely garbage now and I worked my butt off to get where I'm at.

Yeah, because rapidly tapping one or two keys while targeting the tank without having to even think about mana consumption is working your butt off. Lern2Heal, it's back to being like Vanilla and TBC, you actually have to think when you heal.
Posted by Impetusin
I heal fine. You can still get your holy light up crazy fast with holy shocks.

This. Holy Shock, Daybreak, Get hit once every 8 seconds for Blessed Life. I've found that the 1.5k damage I'll take from stepping in an AoE for a second is easily taken out by any healing I do with PotI and beacon. That extra HP point from taking a small amount of damage is huge.

Another thing: People are saying we have no reliable way to generate holy power now, except for holy shock every 6 seconds. Thats a flat out lie. Crusader strike is a baseline paladin ability, that every spec has, that does 120% weapon damage and generates a holy power charge. This isn't wrath where if you use a global on something other then a healing spell the tank will die, you can use that global for CS (On anything, boss, adds, ANYTHING) to get another HP charge. If you are in melee you can get 3 HP in two globals. (Blessed life, Holy shock, Crusader strike), and then start throwing out WoG's like nobody's business.

Use your abilities and you'll be fine.
Posted by Nerdstomper
all of you saying less than 9 are simple minded and unaware of current Hpally mechanics--or just bad. HL was our filler/spam heal when judgement/HS is off CD. IT IS MEANT TO BUILD HP--that is our core mechanic!!!

Now we can only build holy power with our shocks or Flashes. try spamming Flash as a filler and see how fast you OOM. Its ridiculous. With heavy spike DMG and HS off Cooldown we are FORCED to OOM via flash or DL. we get globaled waiting for HS to come off!

Yes, obviously SKILLED holy pallies can still heal heroics--But by the skin of our teeth. If any1 in here says otherwise-they are lying or never ran a pug.

I killed Magmax/Omnitron last night and noticed little difference in the amount I am healing but the way I healed had to change significantly. I basically never healed the beaconed tank and just spammed HL unless someone was in trouble. I took LoD off my bars for the time being and am just using WoG as my HP dump. I think the change is really a nuisance but not a kill to the class. I'd prob put it at a 2-3. The bigger issues is that it makes AoE Healing certain fights very difficult because you just can't generate enough Holy power to heal correctly with the LoD nerf.

What I think the main problem is that they nerfed both LoD and ToR at the same time. They should have put a ICD on ToR to slow down our HP gains(this would also make it more of a decision when to heal the beaconed target) and nerfed LoD a little. I was expecting a LoD nerf but not as a huge one as it was given.

My issue with the ToR change is not only does it make it a worthless talent it completely takes away the decision of when to heal the beaconed target and much of the flavor of the class.
Posted by Hammerkhat
Another thing: People are saying we have no reliable way to generate holy power now, except for holy shock every 6 seconds. Thats a flat out lie. Crusader strike is a baseline paladin ability, that every spec has, that does 120% weapon damage and generates a holy power charge. This isn't wrath where if you use a global on something other then a healing spell the tank will die, you can use that global for CS (On anything, boss, adds, ANYTHING) to get another HP charge. If you are in melee you can get 3 HP in two globals. (Blessed life, Holy shock, Crusader strike), and then start throwing out WoG's like nobody's business.

You really don't have a huge grasp on the class if you consider using CS as a HP gain. The way holy power spells work is the cost + cooldown of the spell are rolled into how you generate holy power. If you use CS to generate HP you'redoing 2 things wrong:
First you are not getting any direct healing done for the mana you are spending.
Second you are wasting a GCD on not healing or doing anything useful.
At first I was angry, but it isn't that bad. I healed a few heroics last night and managed just fine, but it wasn't raid night so I haven't tested it there yet - doubt it makes much difference since holy light tended to be on the lower end of my healing in 10man raids anyway.

I'd rate it maybe a 3 or 4 but only because they significantly reduced the benefit of a top tier holy tree talent.

It is less of a nerf and more of a making you change playstyle thing. Instead of spamming holy light, you do less casts and use divine light.

The worse part about it is that it makes it difficult to cover up for other people's mistakes such as DPS taking unnecessary damage which should not be a healer's concern anyway. I think a lot of people got used to everyone being geared in WotLK and healers keeping everyone topped off and making up for errors. Until people start achieving better gear, we have to get out of the mindset of everyone being topped off at all times. The mentally challenged rogue sitting at 60% hp who waited to get out of the shadow/fire AoE damage just to build another combo point is OK.
Haha, the QQ in this thread amuses me. This is how priests and druids have felt since the release. I recall a lot of holy paladins saying healing was fine, and l2p noob.

So... healing is fine, L2P nubs. Relax, you guys are still raid bosses in PvP.
I didn't know about the changes to HP generation (and nerf to LoD healing) until everyone in guild started asking me about how the changes effected my healing.

Before that, I ran something like ten heroics (both pug and guild groups), and didn't notice a change in my healing throughput. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to notice the changes in a raid environment, but for dungeons I'd rate the changes a 2.
Posted by Cyriaa
10. it's bad enough to reroll runescape.
I'm absolutely garbage now and I worked my butt off to get where I'm at.

hahahahaha, honestly. Its the 15th of December. The game came out on the 7th. I cannot imagine what you're going to be like when the final raid of the expansion comes out.
1 for the ToR nerf.
3 for the LoD nerf.

LoD is getting pretty lackluster now. The ToR nerf didnt effect my healing style.
I find myself using a lot less HL and LoD, using a lot more DL and HS. I also yell at melee dps now for getting hit unnecessarily as I am not able to keep them up anymore.
i would say a solid 4, we can still keep people up, but mana is a pain..

basically if you melee and use crusader strike on CD when you can, its hardly as bad.
Its been theory crafted that CS'ing is bad, and a Healing/Mana loss.