Inquisition

Paladin
How can i use that effectively while tanking? all i've really thought of is gettin one hp, usin it, then clickin divine plea and poppin shield of the righteous. any other good uses or is there any?
It's a good opener imo. The 30% holy damage is more controllable than a chance to crit SotR. With Avenger Shield off cooldown along with Holy Wrath and other such things, it does great damage.

Also, if one is still using a terrible fast weapon (lol: me), Hammer of the Righteous is better than Crusader Strike even on one target, and Inquisition futher powers it up too.

EDIT: Spelling error lol.
Shield of the righteous for single target, inquisition for multiple targets basically. Inquisition buffs the holy dmg component of the aoe tanking abilities. That's the reason for the aoe tanking abilities being holy dmg while the single target abilities are generally physical dmg.
ah all right sweet stuff. the aoe stuff makes sence :P
Inquisition, I use it during aoe instead of SotR, its greatly buffs HotR, AS, judgment, and maybe concencrate. But I love using it with HotR. I stack 2 HP before using it, cause it allows me to use HotR + another ability

Posted by Cutterkirbys
It's a good opener imo. The 30% holy damage is more controllable than a chance to crit SotR. With Avenger Shield off cooldown along with Holy Wrath and other such things, it does great damage.

Also, if one is still using a terrible fast weapon (lol: me), Hammer of the Righteous is better than Crusader Strike even on one target, and Inquisition futher powers it up too.

EDIT: Spelling error lol.

I'm interested in what you say about using fast weapons, can you further elaborate? because the way I see it a flat 230% increase weapon damage is better than a 43% increase weapon damage and said damage is increase 30% more.... Then again I only started tanking few days before cata hits...
12/14/2010 6:50 PMPosted by Áckbar
I'm interested in what you say about using fast weapons, can you further elaborate? because the way I see it a flat 230% increase weapon damage is better than a 43% increase weapon damage and said damage is increase 30% more.... Then again I only started tanking few days before cata hits...

Pre-Cata, tanking weapons were generally 1.5 to 1.8 weapon speeds. Tank weapons were simply fast weapons.

Hammer of the Righteous does a LITTLE bit of weapon dmg, plus a large stagnant holy damage component. To one with T10 still, along with a fast weapon, Hammer of the Righteous is stronger.

Not going to be that way soon enough though. Most people will find slow weapons and skip the whole issue.

TL:DR, Only an issue to tankers pre-Cata.