FAQ: Installing & Troubleshooting AddOns

UI and Macro
Post Limit:
Prev 1 11 12 13 18 Next
I am attempting to get Bartender and Healbot to work on my MacBook. I copied both files to the Addons folder within the Interface folder after downloading both. Unfortunately, neither show up on the Addons List on the character screen.

Prior to this Bartender was working just fine. I downloaded Healbot and did exactly as I had done with Bartender (i.e. copied the Healbot folder to the Addons folder within the Interface folder). When I logged in only Bartender was showing up on the Addons List on the character screen. After searching for a bit, a forum post suggested deleting the Interface, Cache, and WTF folders within the World of Warcraft folder (which I did). Mind you, up to this point Bartender was working fine; I just couldn't get Healbot to show up at all. After doing what the post suggested, I downloaded both Bartender and Healbot and copied the folders to the Addons folder within the Interface folder. This time neither Bartender or Healbot are showing up in the Addons List on the character screen - in fact, I don't even have the option of selecting an Addons List when on the character screen.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks very much.
Most likely you have failed to extract your AddOns or have an extra folder layer.
- Extracting your AddOns

AddOns are delivered in compressed files to save space on hosting sites servers and to reduce the amount of time it takes you to download them. They are commonly in .zip format with some .rar format files. Windows and Macintosh computers have native support for .zip files. If your AddOn is compressed in .rar format, you will need another program to open them. Your web browser may also be able to open compressed files for you automatically after they are downloaded.

For Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 users I suggest 7-Zip.
● http://www.7-zip.org/

For Mac OSX users I suggest The Unarchiver.
● http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html

When the AddOn is extracted, you should have a folder that is named the AddOn’s name.
Example:
I’m downloading the AddOn Fane from WoWInteface.com.
- I get the compressed file Fane-1.6.zip.
- After I extract it I have a folder called Fane. This folder contains everything I need for the AddOn.

Some AddOns have sub-folders inside their main folder. This is fine, and you should leave them there.

Some AddOns are called one name, but are really multiple AddOns delivered together. When this happens, you download a compressed file that has several folders in it.
Example:
I’m downloading the AddOn AtlasLootEnhanced from WoWInteface.com.
- I get the compressed file AtlasLootv6.01.01.zip.
- After I extract it I have a folder called AtlasLootv6.01.01 .
-Inside this folder are several folders:
AtlasLoot
AtlasLoot_BurningCrusade
AtlasLoot_Cataclysm
AtlasLoot_ClassicWoW
AtlasLoot_Crafting
AtlasLoot_WorldEvents
AtlasLoot_WrathoftheLichKing
These folders, not the AtlasLootv6.01.01 go into my AddOn folder.

- Where to Put AddOns Once You’ve Extracted Them

AddOns belong in the following folder: World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns
Examples:
- Windows XP
C: \Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\

- Windows Vista or Windows 7
C:\Users\Public\Games\ World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\

- Mac OSX
[Macintosh Hard Drive]../World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/

Put the folder you extracted into the correct folder for your operating system.

Correctly installed, my example AddOn, Fane, looks like this:
● Windows XP
C: \Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Fane

[C:] (or which ever drive you have the game installed on)
|----World of Warcraft
|----Interface
|----AddOns
|----Fane

● Windows Vista or Windows 7
C:\Users\Public\Games\ World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Fane
Windows Vista or Windows 7
[C:]
|----Users
|----Public
|----Games
|----World of Warcraft
|----Interface
|----AddOns
|----Fane

● Mac OSX
[Macintosh Hard Drive]../World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Fane

[Macintosh Hard Drive]
|----World of Warcraft
|----Interface
|----AddOns
|----Fane

The most common issue with why your AddOn won't load.
If you have an extra folder layer in the mix, your AddOn won't load.
[C:]
|----World of Warcraft
|----Interface
|----AddOns
|----Fane1234567 <-- Extra Folder. Bad folder. No biscuit.
|----Fane
I am attempting to get Bartender and Healbot to work on my MacBook. I copied both files to the Addons folder within the Interface folder after downloading both. Unfortunately, neither show up on the Addons List on the character screen.

Prior to this Bartender was working just fine. I downloaded Healbot and did exactly as I had done with Bartender (i.e. copied the Healbot folder to the Addons folder within the Interface folder). When I logged in only Bartender was showing up on the Addons List on the character screen. After searching for a bit, a forum post suggested deleting the Interface, Cache, and WTF folders within the World of Warcraft folder (which I did). Mind you, up to this point Bartender was working fine; I just couldn't get Healbot to show up at all. After doing what the post suggested, I downloaded both Bartender and Healbot and copied the folders to the Addons folder within the Interface folder. This time neither Bartender or Healbot are showing up in the Addons List on the character screen - in fact, I don't even have the option of selecting an Addons List when on the character screen.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks very much.

I'm in the same boat as well. I can't get the new DBM to work or cant get Overachiever to show up on my addons at all. Neither file shows that it can be extracted either. I use a Mac as well and up until now everything has worked pretty good and has been easy to figure out how to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

***EDIT***

Forget what I just said.

Download:
http://www.curse.com/client

It works AWESOME!

Drag the file directly to the WoW folder and not the Interface/addons one.

Click the Icon for Curse and enter your username and password (or create one). It will show you what AddOns you have and you can download AddOns directly from it. I downloaded the new DBM, Overachiever and MogIt in about 20 seconds total. They all work perfectly and are on my AddOn screen!

Hope that helps.
Hey all,

I'm in a bit of a different situation. I've run into an issue with 3 addons failing to interact correctly. The three addons are:

1) Auctioneer
2) The Undermine's addon for realm AH prices (curse: The Undermine Journal GE)
3) An addon that allows Auctioneer to use data from the UM's addon (curse: Auc-Stat-TheUndermineJournal)

Auctioneer is working properly. Addons 2 and 3 are installed the same way and in the same directory as Addon 1 (as well as all my other addons). Despite this, the option to use the statistics of addon 2 in addon 1 is not an option as the screenshots for addon 3 would suggest. In fact, Addons 2 and 3 don't even show up in the addons list at login screen.

Any help would be appreciated.
Scratch that, I had multiple install folders.

Womp Womp.
I am failing to see why I can't install my addons properly.

1. Downloaded addon
2. located addon
3. moved addon into addons folder
4. ? not properly installed.
I am failing to see why I can't install my addons properly.

1. Downloaded addon
2. located addon
3. moved addon into addons folder
4. ? not properly installed.

You've probably failed to properly extract the AddOn as covered in Post 1.
I can't even fine the World of Warcraft folder....... should i uninstall and then re-install?
I am still lost, i need help badly...
My WoW is in the programs file and won't move.. Pretty sure that is the problem what do i do?
I too did not have the add on button. My problem was simple. After extraction I copied the addon file and put in the interface addon file. The button did not show up. Finally, I opened the folder in the addon's file and it was an empty folder. No clue how that happened but I recopied the extracted folder and put it in my addon folder and it worked
I've been trying to get my AddOns to work for my mac OSX as well, however, after doing everything you recommended rechecking to make sure I was installing correctly, I cant get my AddOns tab to appear in my character selection screen. My files looks exactly like your examples and I even tried using Fane to see if I was just screwing up somewhere. What more could I possibly try?
I've been trying to get my AddOns to work for my mac OSX as well, however, after doing everything you recommended rechecking to make sure I was installing correctly, I cant get my AddOns tab to appear in my character selection screen. My files looks exactly like your examples and I even tried using Fane to see if I was just screwing up somewhere. What more could I possibly try?

Do you have more than one copy of World of Warcraft installed?

Is the folder name for "AddOns" spelled correctly? It has to be "AddOns" - without the quotes, but with the capital letters.
My WoW is in the programs file and won't move.. Pretty sure that is the problem what do i do?

What's the original problem? What are you trying to install? Which version of Windows are you using?
I am still lost, i need help badly...

Really need more information before we can help you. Have you read the first three posts?
If you don't know how to install Addons, try the Curse Client. It an easy installation with a click of a button. Curse Client helps installing addons, updating them, and also supports other games. (for example, Minecraft)
I'm trying to install Gathermate2. I have it on my AddOns when i logged into wow. But when i go to import, the gathermate2 data is not showing up. please help!
Having trouble getting an Add-on to load. The path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\TomTom

Can anyone tell me what my problem is? Thank you in advance.
I'm trying to install Gathermate2. I have it on my AddOns when i logged into wow. But when i go to import, the gathermate2 data is not showing up. please help!

Did you install GatherMate2 Data? Does that addon show in your list of addons at the AddOns button in the Character Selection screen?