PvP Rating & Conquest Item Adjustments

Arenas
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
cheese taste good
My only problem with this is that some people got to spend their points before this fix, it's cool you broke t2 weapons, but this fix screwed me out of even getting my tier 1 this week, because I got shield last week.

You can't let some people spend their points and take other peoples points away.
12/22/2010 9:38 PMPosted by Padge
less QQ on this forum pls. Can we pls get some talk about some solutions and a blue post?

Blue already posted, with their solution. Keeping in mind that anything they do would make some people happy and many people upset, what they decided to do probably wasn't any better or worse than the other suggestions being made. Come January 26th, people will have their points and gear and the complaining will fade away.
Problem is when this kind of thing happens it kills the integrity of arena play. When people are like "but I did it legit why am I being punished!" all I am able think is "yep but if you cheated you'd say the same exact thing."
OMG fix it thtas cheat
I learned a long time ago that all this discussion on forums solves nothing. Blizzard does not actually care if you like their content. They do not care if it's perfect or fair or even broken for a while. Bottom line? Everyone is wasting their time asking blizzard to listen to them because at the end of the day, they still get paid and we are still subject to their logic, not actual reason.
Don't get me wrong, I hate all this and a bunch of class imbalancing (dk's included!) as much as the next guy, but I just had to point it out because too many people are spending too much time caring about the forums. Sometimes I wish we could overthrow whoever makes these kinds of balancing or patching decisions and put a think-tank of great players and theorycrafters in charge. Blizzard simply cannot and will never get it right. Just the painful truth.
Pretty sure the only way you could buy a 2200 weapon "next week" is by using the mmr bug which would be exploiting.

Wrong. I got 2300 something Arena Team rating the first week on Arenas and was able to get 2700+ Conquest points this week. It was easy to get the required points for the 2.2k wep next week. We weren't exploiting either. We had no idea that there was even a bug.

Don't get me wrong, I hate all this and a bunch of class imbalancing (dk's included!) as much as the next guy, but I just had to point it out because too many people are spending too much time caring about the forums. Sometimes I wish we could overthrow whoever makes these kinds of balancing or patching decisions and put a think-tank of great players and theorycrafters in charge. Blizzard simply cannot and will never get it right. Just the painful truth.

i agree
12/23/2010 12:46 PMPosted by Cmdrcupcake

^This
=)
If you are really legit and know you didn't cheat, then it shouldn't be hard to get your rating back up there again. So I have to assume all the QQing about rating are cheaters, intentional or not. The only thing I don't understand is the month-long lock on buying the 2200 weapon even after the rating/mmr reset.
Nice
Haha, this is just idiotic.. first of all, having high MMR is not a bug, it's always carried over between seasons and expansions..
Second, some people have gotten 3000 EXTRA POINTS for this week, by spending before you reset.. since you didn't reset it quickly enough.. incredibly unfair.
Third, noone could have bought the 2200 weapons.. they cost 7800 points, which is impossible to get.. why would you lock them out for an additional month?
12/24/2010 9:26 AMPosted by Palanoxe
Haha, this is just idiotic.. first of all, having high MMR is not a bug, it's always carried over between seasons and expansions..
Second, some people have gotten 3000 EXTRA POINTS for this week, by spending before you reset.. since you didn't reset it quickly enough.. incredibly unfair.
Third, noone could have bought the 2200 weapons.. they cost 7800 points, which is impossible to get.. why would you lock them out for an additional month?

Players were realm transferinng multiple times a day because every time they changed realm they got a brand new spanking clean bar of empty cp and got to keep what they already earned.

This allowed them to get thousands of points a day. I saw a guy running around with full t2 on the 4th day of the season in a Bg.
12/21/2010 11:12 PMPosted by Daxxarri
In addition, the "best week rating" will be reduced to a maximum of 1500 to match the rating change, which will in turn be used to determine next week's max weekly Conquest Points. The maximum Conquest Points given for next week will be set to 1343 to match the number that would be obtainable with a rating of 1500.

Could you clarify this. From what I'm reading this means next week (or next reset, the 28th of December) we will STILL be limited to 1343 conquest points? So any rating we gain this week will have absolutely zero bearing on our conquest point limit next week if I'm reading this correctly? I've heard mixed things regarding this and was hoping to get this settled.

I understand why the current week is at a 1343 limit, but next week as well? Why?
The real question is where are the bans and suspensions for the players who exploited this mechanic. If Blizzard truly cared about the integrity of their game they would punish the individuals who intentionally undermine it and ruin the experience for all of the honest players.
12/25/2010 1:22 PMPosted by Xatava
The real question is where are the bans and suspensions for the players who exploited this mechanic. If Blizzard truly cared about the integrity of their game they would punish the individuals who intentionally undermine it and ruin the experience for all of the honest players.
This