PvP Rating & Conquest Item Adjustments

Arenas
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
12/25/2010 6:44 AMPosted by Arveene
In addition, the "best week rating" will be reduced to a maximum of 1500 to match the rating change, which will in turn be used to determine next week's max weekly Conquest Points. The maximum Conquest Points given for next week will be set to 1343 to match the number that would be obtainable with a rating of 1500.

Could you clarify this. From what I'm reading this means next week (or next reset, the 28th of December) we will STILL be limited to 1343 conquest points? So any rating we gain this week will have absolutely zero bearing on our conquest point limit next week if I'm reading this correctly? I've heard mixed things regarding this and was hoping to get this settled.

I understand why the current week is at a 1343 limit, but next week as well? Why?

I would like to know this as well.
The real question is where are the bans and suspensions for the players who exploited this mechanic. If Blizzard truly cared about the integrity of their game they would punish the individuals who intentionally undermine it and ruin the experience for all of the honest players.

It is impossible to tell if someone is intentionally abusing the bug or not. I personally stay and let my opponents kill me in a losing game so I can see the end game log. But I know from experience that a lot of players simply leave game at the end, which is very common. It's also why I didn't realize there are people abusing the bug until the reset because nobody is doing anything out of the ordinary.
why is it that healers blame you for dieing if they do not heal you
Some people have up to 3000 more conquest points than others right now, just because they managed to buy items before reset.
There are some people who have the 3400 point epic weapons already, which isn't possible for non exploiters- this is completely unfair for serious competitors.
I like how blizzard came on here and wasn't very clear about this fix and gave no explanation... and then didn't offer any incite on anything after numerous people questioned what they were doing because no one understands it.

Thanks Blizzard! Keep up the GREAT work!

I'm glad I won't be able to get both my weapon and off-hand this week after grinding up my 3's team and not exploiting.... as a priest mind you. Btw.. buff my class please? kkthx lolz
12/26/2010 9:10 AMPosted by Palanoxe
Some people have up to 3000 more conquest points than others right now, just because they managed to buy items before reset.
There are some people who have the 3400 point epic weapons already, which isn't possible for non exploiters- this is completely unfair for serious competitors.

This was COMPLETELY possible to do without exploiting, as my partner got his bow and I was 19 points short for my 3400 2her. If you did the daily BG every day before the season started, and had a decently rated team at the end of the week you could EASILY get your 3400 point weapon in 2 weeks.
yay no more seeing pple who are 50-200 with 2.2k!
12/27/2010 3:08 PMPosted by Solodolo
If 5v5 is aloud to have titles, bring back 2v2.

this.... 5v5 is a bigger joke than 2v2 could ever could be considered. it takes way more skill for me to beat facerollers with my lock friend in 2s than it does to get 3 other melee and a healer and put a smokebomb on someone in 5s.
I see you fixed your precious Arenas. How about doing something about Tol Barad, or have you been ignoring the 75 posts about it? Perhaps you simply do not give a big rat's butt about players who don't do Arenas regularly?
I have zero cp today. How come?

I should have had 1500.

Can someone let me know if i missed a blue post on this?

EDIT - NEVERMIND FIGURED IT OUT

Dope
when the hell are you going to fix the rated bgs? every win counts as a loss ??? wtf ??? fix this please !
im so glad to hear this. even though i just started arena and would probably be one of those 1500 heroes you talk about...lol. but seriously, i would rather have to work harder to earn my rating before i get the gear cuz if i do eventually earn that rating i dont wanna be up against noobs with the same or better gear then me. plus, if everybody is allowed to get any gear then its gonna make lower brackets eventually have the baddies geared to the teeth which isnt good for anybody just starting in the arena
You have fixed the rating for people but what about the level 86 items you can get some people can use them others can't because it says "you do not have the required level to use this item"
Can anyone tell me wether of not we will be getting the old school pvp titles back?
Some times i wonder if blizz even reads these post LOL... been days and still no blue post nice to see they adress the concerns of the ppl who keep them in bussiness
ugh i can finally post XD

i still dont understand, what exactly was the issue?

and should we stop doing arena matches this week?