Ret Pally Rotation

Paladin
I know im not 85 but you only get one more spell so i thought it would be ok if I tryed to start planning out a rotation and learning it the only problem is there are so many spells but only a handful are really needed for a solid rotation so I was wondering if there are any pallys out tere that could help me figure out a strong DPS rotation.

Thanks for reading
,Raxxon
Bump*
Your post was on the board for one minute before you bumped it. That is not helpful.

As to your question:

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-retribution_concordance_4_0_3a/#Rotation
Judge as you run in, if you have a holy power proc (highly doubtful) Crusader Strike, then Inquisition (at 2 holy power), continue using both of these until 3 holy power, then use Templars Verdict, If Art of War procs use exorcism, If the mastery procs use Templars Verdict, if both proc, use exorcism first.

This has been working fine for me, but it also leaves you with dead spots in the rotation in nothing procs (main problem with the spec).

I was actually wondering myself if it would be feasible to use exorcism in the dead spots, but mana will probably run dry even with replenishment, I don't know for sure though...the dead spots make me sad.
Not really a big deal IMO.
Easy guidlines.

1) If you're starting at range, open with Judgement. If not, don't.

2) For non-undead

Inq > HoW > Exo > TV > CS > J > HW > Cons

3) for undead

Inq > Exo > HoW > TV > CS > J > HW > Cons

Some things to note:

Inquisition isn't a big DPS increase at all, but it's still an increase. Some recent EJ discussion suggested not to cast it, but that's retarded dribble. You have a [1-(.8)^10)]= ~90% chance to proc Art of War during the duration of Inquisition assuming about a 3.0s swing timer, so it's always worth it to cast the spell.

If you're going to be moving around a lot, don't cast Inquisition and opt for TV spam instead. Movement kills Inquisition's worth, so you should have a rule of thumb of about 20 seconds of uninterrupted time on target to use it.

Refresh Inquisition at about 5 seconds left or so.

Download Clcret or Clcinfo and configure either. You'll thank me later.

Never use Exorcism without Art of War. This will reset your swing timer and result in a massive DPS loss.
The John Fkn Madden! rotation.
12/19/2010 10:43 PMPosted by Taeria
The John Fkn Madden! rotation.

Actually, after rebinding some keys to something more comfortable, I've found the rotation to be fairly fluid. The spell queue system is fantastic.
12/19/2010 8:36 PMPosted by Scaia
Judge as you run in, if you have a holy power proc (highly doubtful) Crusader Strike, then Inquisition (at 2 holy power), continue using both of these until 3 holy power, then use Templars Verdict, If Art of War procs use exorcism, If the mastery procs use Templars Verdict, if both proc, use exorcism first.

This has been working fine for me, but it also leaves you with dead spots in the rotation in nothing procs (main problem with the spec).

I was actually wondering myself if it would be feasible to use exorcism in the dead spots, but mana will probably run dry even with replenishment, I don't know for sure though...the dead spots make me sad.

No, it's not feasible. Both for the reason you mentioned, and because you're not swinging your weapon while you're casting a spell. The "Dead spots" are supposed to be there. The devs have announced that nobody is supposed to be "GCD capped," and they seem to have followed up on that.
Edit: Time to go to sleep, bad post.
Thanks for the help.