Time Warner Instance Load Screen Hanging

Technical Support
Prev 1 9 10 11 33 Next
Starting last night I had really high latency (above 2,000) after getting d/ced a few times I simple gave up. This morning how ever I log in to find I had a 11k latency and was d/ced from a random group. When I attempted to log in it would repeatidly put me at the loading screen for the instance I was and and kick me off. After the 3rd time I was able to log in and I had the very high latency again and was kicked off.

I restarted my PC and restarted my modem, although they were all working fine and my over all connection was fast with low ping. I attempted to log in again but now I get to the "success" part and it sits there, after a minute it goes to character select. Now A) sit at the loading screen till I kicks me off, B) sits at loading screen then gives me a "character not found" or C) just sits at the success screen and eventually kicks me off.

I can tell you that I have none of these issues before last night/this morning. My connections are 100% the same and are all clean and working perfectly fine. I have changed no settings what so ever.

Something i noticed about mine.

It happens often when i zone into Grim Batol. I would hang at the loading screen and will have to alt+F4. Once i do that, and try to log in again(rinse and repeat till i get in), I realise that my Equip manager isn't working. This always happens when i DO enter the instance, happens most often with Grim Batol.
01/06/2011 8:42 AMPosted by BrianI
I am going to be looking at gathering some packet captures from people experiencing this issue. The setup that I am looking for is the simplest possible and will require downloading and running Wireshark. No wireless, no router, software firewalls temporarily removed, all drivers up to date, etc. This is just to provide a clean environment for testing purposes. If anyone is interested in assisting me with this, please email me at forumtech@blizzard.com. I am currently sorting through posts looking for other good candidates.

You will also, obviously, have to be using Time Warner or a subsidiary and connecting to the Chicago DC.

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
Like the post? Comments or suggestions? Submit a survey here, please - http://www.surveymk.com/s/RMW9Y6X

I'd love to help out with testing, however I am experiencing the problem in Kansas City, MO with the datacenter in LA. Do you need assistance testing the problem to that area as well?
01/06/2011 8:09 AMPosted by Relg
Adding my vote that this be addressed. Able to log onto all of my characters with no problems but getting into a heroic dungeon is hit or miss.

ISP: Time Warner Cable

Side Question. Has anyone switched ISPs and resolved this issue?

As a fellow Lincoln TW cable user only advice I can give is maybe start using a tunneling service ie smoothping, wowtunnels, etc. My fiance and I started using one this week and we haven't had a single loading screen freeze since and this is going on 3 days now doing multiple instances including many wipes :> When not using the tunnel service it'll freeze at 100% around 60% of the time I'd say if not worse when loading in to a dungeon or out of one.

This however is not an acceptable work around. I'm not willing to pay for a 3rd party fix for very long but will do so for at least this month, once our subs run out at the end of a month will be thinking about just throwing in the towel if it's not fixed by then.

But it's pretty obvious that it's something to do with the connection from TW to the Blizzard servers.

We both play on the suramar realm which is in LA.

Also from Lincoln. I play on Akama, not sure where that's located. But it's not just one realm. Also obviously Time Warner (since it's all there is here, unfortunately.)

And Briani: I'll help if I can, what info do you need to see if I'd work?
01/06/2011 8:42 AMPosted by BrianI
You will also, obviously, have to be using Time Warner or a subsidiary and connecting to the Chicago DC.

I have this exact same issue connecting to Windrunner which is in the LA data center. I am using TWC in Kansas City.

I can definitely help with Wireshark traces. I have recently rebuilt my PC with a fresh install of Windows 7 to rule out it being an OS issue.
Chalk one up for another Kansas City, MO Time Warner user with this issue. I am on Ner'zhul, which is the LA Data Center. I'll be sending tech support an email anyway in case a larger sample can help diagnose the issue (for Wireshark data).
Having the same issue and use TWC in Kansas City. I will be kicked to log in screen after I zone into Org from a port/hearth or an instance. I can log back in but it take much longer than normal and sometime it will put me in the middle of the Barrens.

Willing to help out with the testing as it is quite annoying. I'm on The Underbog (not sure what data center is used)
Same problem here in Kansas City, MO using TWC roadrunner. I'm in the Chicago data center though I believe.
01/06/2011 1:23 PMPosted by Graved

I have this exact same issue connecting to Windrunner which is in the LA data center. I am using TWC in Kansas City.

I can definitely help with Wireshark traces. I have recently rebuilt my PC with a fresh install of Windows 7 to rule out it being an OS issue.

I'd love to see what you have to send, sure. :)

The vast majority of people reporting this are going to the Chicago DC, but I have seen one or two verified reports of instance zoning to the LA DC. Any more data would be appreciated.

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
Like the post? Comments or suggestions? Submit a survey here, please - http://www.surveymk.com/s/RMW9Y6X
Woo thank god this is a sticky now. Time Warner Cable in KCMO. Wyrmrest Accord server
I am using TWC in the KCK area and experiencing the same problems. Only happens for this character, not my other character on the same server(Doomhammer).
I am between Tulsa Ok and Kansas City Mo. Having the same issues. Cable one service provider. Takes between 5 and 8 login attempts. Get through login server select character and then blue bar loads 100% and there we sit till I alt F4.

On the plus side I have always had a complicated password. I am now VERY proficient at entering it as I do it 10-16 times a day...
Time Warner user here. Same problems as everyone else, except that I connect to an LA datacenter (Rexxar). Got kicked out of 3 randoms today because of it, so I wouldn't mind aiding the search as well.

Tracing route to 206.18.148.176 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 11 ms 12 ms 14 ms cable-mac1-0.bflonytj-ar4001.nyroc.rr.com [76.180.0.1]
3 14 ms 11 ms 15 ms gig2-2-3.buffnyktn-pe01.nyroc.rr.com [98.0.0.81]
4 13 ms 12 ms 12 ms ae8-0.lkwnnyad-rtr001.nyroc.rr.com [98.0.3.32]
5 18 ms 56 ms 17 ms ae6-0.vstlny11-rtr000.nyroc.rr.com [98.0.3.5]
6 20 ms 22 ms 32 ms ae1-0.albynyyf-rtr000.nyroc.rr.com [24.24.21.208]
7 30 ms 35 ms 30 ms ae-5-0.cr0.nyc30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.74]
8 52 ms 79 ms 32 ms ae-1-0.pr0.nyc30.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.161]
9 60 ms 30 ms 36 ms xe-5-3-0.edge2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.59.20.37]
10 33 ms 34 ms 37 ms ae-31-51.ebr1.Newark1.Level3.net [4.68.99.30]
11 32 ms 42 ms 35 ms ae-2-2.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.132.97]
12 58 ms 37 ms 34 ms ae-91-91.csw4.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.69.134.78]
13 34 ms 43 ms 32 ms ae-4-99.edge3.NewYork1.Level3.net [4.68.16.209]
14 31 ms 31 ms 31 ms 192.205.37.73
15 45 ms 45 ms 52 ms 12.122.81.126
16 44 ms 47 ms 45 ms cr2.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.1.2]
17 60 ms 45 ms 43 ms cr84.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.123.7.249]
18 46 ms 44 ms 44 ms gar4.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.132.217]
19 42 ms 43 ms 45 ms 12-122-254-202.attens.net [12.122.254.202]
20 44 ms 58 ms 43 ms 63.240.130.202
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.
Happened just now. Zoning from Deepholm to Heroic Blackrock Caverns.
I've had the same error for more the 2 weeks now. I've tried reinstalling, power cycles and still nothing. I figured the problem wasn't on my end after all that. Hope this problem gets resolved soon. It's very frustrating when I'm getting sat out of raids when i cannot even load the instance.
I'm also a fellow lincoln NE player using TW....
Tried to do a rated bg since my latency seemed fine. Then BAM.
I was OK last night, able to raid and all was good. Tonight, back to high latency. So sad.
Yeah last night was perfectly fine. Today was unplayable again. =(