Reforging?

Paladin
I am a prot paladin who is almost ready for heriocs, but i still don't understand what reforging is and how I should use it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
reforging allows you to take about 30% of a secondary stat on an item and chance it to another secondary stat, such as, if you are way over hit cap and you need more crit, you would put the item in the slot at the reforging guy, and in the first box, select the stat you want to reduce, "hit" and in the second box. select the stat you would like to increase "crit" and hit reforge, simple as that,
Oh just in case you were thinking about it, no you can't reforge resilience. It's there to stay.
hit/exp are nice. very usefull for threat.
i hear a lot of people saying that mastery over dodge/parry is the way to go.
(not planning on reforging this guy until i get more drops from heroics)
12/20/2010 12:28 AMPosted by Stèìnèr
hit/exp are nice. very usefull for threat.
i hear a lot of people saying that mastery over dodge/parry is the way to go.
(not planning on reforging this guy until i get more drops from heroics)

Hit and Expertise are our best threat stats for a really long time. That being said, we have no need for it currently. Vengeance is just so silly that we do not need any threat stats to keep solid threat.

Quoting Theckhd from maintankadin.

"My rule of thumb on reforging is:

* If the item doesn't have mastery, reforge one stat into mastery (threat stats first if the item has one, and the higher of the two avoidance stats if it doesn't).
* If the item does have mastery, reforge dodge or parry as appropriate to try and keep parry 1% ahead of dodge, which is almost exactly the equivalence point. If you're lazy, you can just reforge them to make dodge and parry roughly equal, that's almost as good.

For threat gear, of course, you'd reforge differently."