Day/Night Cycle

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Has the day/night cycle seemed to basically not work any more to anyone else since the shattering?
He done broked da sun lol
I see sun shafts during the day and not at night so it's working
12/21/2010 8:42 PMPosted by Silentreign
He done broked da sun lol

rofl
day/night in this game has always been non-existent. Just think of the moon as being a second son.

Actually, I do remember a time way back in Vanilla when night was a bit darker. Still nothing like the pitch black of everquest, but it did feel a bit more like moon light.
I've still been seeing sunsets at the right times, although I've still been doing most of my stuff in the old world since Cata.
Yeah, it still works, but most of the time its hardly noticeable....
12/21/2010 8:44 PMPosted by Raincaller
day/night in this game has always been non-existent. Just think of the moon as being a second son.

Actually, I do remember a time way back in Vanilla when night was a bit darker. Still nothing like the pitch black of everquest, but it did feel a bit more like moon light.

Pitch black huh? Sounds interesting.

Yeah, I do wish WoW was a little bit more consequential... but nighttime is also my favorite time to play. So I'd rather things stay the way they are.
I think certain zones only have a day night cycle, like the capital cities for example. Some of the zones have it as well but there are others that will either be day or night regardless of time.