Am I the only one who likes ret?

Paladin
I am new to the game and this my first pally but I have had no problems playing ret. I do have to milk it a little bit to get the proc and crits i want because of the rng but that has never ended up being a issue for me when pvping or pveing. Basically my play style involves postponing the fight as much as possible till I proc with exc and its worked so far. I guess im just patient and or very lucky when it comes to rng. :P

Is anyone else out there okay with the ret right now?

Srry for grammar :p
Yeah they definitely made the leveling process too fast.
atm i'm ok with it. but, to be fair, i didn't go straight into cata as ret. I was a healer/tank in LK, but i didn't want to tank in cata so i changed to ret and relearned the spec. (I lvled as a retdin waaaayyy back when). I think because i didn't go directly from the divinestormfaceroll style to the proc based style i was better off. do i pull great dps in mobs? not yet. but i'm not geared overly well, nor gemmed or chanted. and i'm still trying to figure out what divine storm is for if it doesn't give a holy power charge >.< but soon all the bugs will be worked out and we'll have a nice spec on our hands and ppl QQing because a retdin owned them :P
That is true but ive been doin well against other players my lvl as well. technically i haven't lost a duel or a fight with the alliance yet. I have lost some in battlegrounds but that was mostly because i was stupid and run into a group alone. lol Is there some kind of sudden drop from 80 to 85 in pally dps? right now i crit 4 to 5 normal 7k when proc.
haha awesome i was hoping i didnt learn this tree for nothin lol sounds good cant wait till its fixed up
...I do have to milk it a little bit to get the proc and crits i want because of the rng...

You can't "milk it" for procs or crits at all.

Both are dependent on chance (as is HP generation at least in part through Divine Purpose), and there is no "setup" for AoW or HoL.

Patience is a virtue, but patience does not equal control.
The way I see it is, Holy Power Burst Damage is a gamble. Enough said.
I love playing my ret pally. Granted I am new to this game as well and I don't really know what I am doing in a group setting, but when it comes to doing quests I am a beast! I suppose I need to figure out all the roles a pally can play because apparently I should be good at interrupting casting in the Stonecore random. Oh well - I will learn!
Just played my Retadin for the first time in about a year deciding to see what the 80+ quests were like and new gear. Still trying to get used to the new talents, spells, etc. What I notice more than anything is now with Holy Power it seems like all I do is Judgement, Crusader Strike, Jdg, CS, Jdg, CS to keep Holy Power up and just pray the RNG gives me an Exorcism hit or TV. Sometimes I go an entire single mob PVE fight without hitting a proc other times I might get 2 in row and sometimes I get all of them at the exact same time? Sometimes I go an entire fight without ever hitting Art of War. Kind of frustrating that there's no control over procs. When I was playing this toon full time a long time ago it seemed like AoW was almost automatic.
The further to the top, the larger the cracks. Good luck and report back :)
12/22/2010 7:23 AMPosted by Paladyn
Just played my Retadin for the first time in about a year deciding to see what the 80+ quests were like and new gear. Still trying to get used to the new talents, spells, etc. What I notice more than anything is now with Holy Power it seems like all I do is Judgement, Crusader Strike, Jdg, CS, Jdg, CS to keep Holy Power up and just pray the RNG gives me an Exorcism hit or TV. Sometimes I go an entire single mob PVE fight without hitting a proc other times I might get 2 in row and sometimes I get all of them at the exact same time? Sometimes I go an entire fight without ever hitting Art of War. Kind of frustrating that there's no control over procs. When I was playing this toon full time a long time ago it seemed like AoW was almost automatic.

It isn't just you.