Rated BGs Now Award Honor at Conquest Cap

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
Can we just get an acknowledgment that they're broken and an ETA for another hotfix?
I got a whopping 20 honor for an EotS win. But at least wins and ratings are working right!
better question... are they still glitching and messing up where only 8/10 can join?
12/29/2010 10:07 AMPosted by Bashiok
We've recently made a change in an effort to promote continued play in Rated Battlegrounds. Now when a player is at their weekly Conquest cap they will receive the full amount of Honor from kills, objective completions, victories and losses while in a Rated Battleground match. Those not at their cap will continue to earn Conquest normally, and will only earn Honor once they reach their weekly cap.

Whether you’re capped and others on your team aren’t, or you’re all capped and just want to keep playing, we hope this change will allow more flexibility for those participating in Rated Battlegrounds.

What about Arenas?

We don't even have skims any more. Why can't we get some honor from queuing arenas past the conquest cap?
I have trouble finding a rated BG group on my server at all, so this change does nothing for me (though it seems like a good one for those that can). Why not extend it to arena so those of us who aren't interested in sitting in ques as long as 25 minutes for a random BG, or searching trade for an hour for a group that will break apart after the first loss, can gain honor too?
12/30/2010 12:51 PMPosted by Eumaeus
I have trouble finding a rated BG group on my server at all, so this change does nothing for me (though it seems like a good one for those that can). Why not extend it to arena so those of us who aren't interested in sitting in ques as long as 25 minutes for a random BG, or searching trade for an hour for a group that will break apart after the first loss, can gain honor too?

As side note to what I just said, it seemed to me that rated battlegrounds were created to ease the disparity between battleground players and arena players. This change, however, seems to go in the opposite direction. It allows players in full groups of 10-15 to gain a significant edge on those who cannot or do not wish to get in such a group.
12/30/2010 12:34 PMPosted by Russetqt
What about Arenas?

We don't even have skims any more. Why can't we get some honor from queuing arenas past the conquest cap?

Probably something about being matched against members of the same faction makes it not honorable.
I agree with allowing us to solo queue for pug rated bgs. A lot of players have to Trade chat pug anyway and that is a difficult task on many servers and the quality of the group would not be any different. Right now if you want to do consistent Rated BGs you must be on a PvP hub server or one of the top players on your non-hub server. I don't see Rated BGs getting any serious attention from players other than the elite pvpers with the way it is.
giving honor for wins beyond conquest cap won't change anything. the current system isn't appealing. i don't think it's good design to have it alternate between 10v10 and 15v15 each week. as the season progresses and people try for Vicious Hero of the Horde/Alliance titles, they'll simply avoid 15v15 weeks because SotA is not a good map.

it's probably to late to change for Season 9, but perhaps in Season 10 have separate ladders for each BG map. or at least let the group "Thumb Down" one map of each size as in StarCraft. it's not worth having a solid group of 15 players with a class comp and group synergy that excels in AB/EotS base play, only to get queued nonstop into SotA games. the gamestyles between the maps differ more than starcraft maps affect race matchups, yet we can't elect to eliminate one?

as it stands, i'd rather miss out on whatever exclusive Season 9 mounts/titles/achievements/feats of strength will be awarded, instead of participating in this poorly implemented system.

Bots have grown so complex these days (accepting hardware keyboard commands, for instance), it is pretty much impossible to tell the difference between a well programmed bot and a terrible, keyboard turning player.

in a way, maybe that's true. but i think the lack of consequence for reporting afkers is causing a large degree of meh among us. instead of getting annoyed at seen an afker, we sit there and count them. one or two this game? that's not so bad.

played a bg the other day where a priest on ally was respawning then following a path. you could run along behind him and nothing happened, but if you stood in front of him, he'd hit you with his staff until you killed him. then he'd respawn and follow the same path. it amused me for a while. then i wondered how many of my team do that in the bgs, because who'd notice?

you've got to wonder if being afk in raiderp raids was an issue and you couldn't kick them from the raid, how quickly this would get fixed...

pvp often feels like the unwanted child tucked under the cupboard under the stairs in hopes it will simply amuse itself.

or die.
I've heard a saying before, if it aint broke, don't fix it. Why on earth would you take skirmishes away? Who is in charge of the decisions in PvP? who? Why is he/she fudging it up so bad?

Who designed tol barad? he/she is a moron. Who put in the 1800 honor "fix" you are ignorant and bad at your job. Who took away full group queues in regular BGs?!??!?!? I hate you forever. It makes my life terrible, I am now stuck with 3 AFKers per game all the time. random 9man pug with 1 afk against random 7man pug with 3 afks is ok? Premades in regulars would do away with so much of that BS. So many of your decisions for PvP have ruined the experience and is no longer genuine and just overall a lackluster experience now.

Please fix or bring back the following.

-Full group premades in normal Battlegrounds.
-Skirmishes (you really messed up here)
-Rating for gear would be nice, but whatever, the casuals matter more somehow. (lame)
-Tol Barad <-- Possibly your worst attempt at anything... ever.
-Horde alliance balance, offer free transfers from horde to alliance PvP servers only!
-Class balancing, i hope your upcoming changes fix ferals and mages.
Incentive past conquest cap dies once full bloodthirsty and honor capped.
=/
heeeeeey i started wow a couple of minutes ago
edsadewadsf
You could allow horde to fight horde so our queues aren't forever.. I mean if you want the real reason no Rated BGs are happening.
If u want us to continue to do rbg and bgs then give us a way to spend our honor currency once gear cap and 4k honor cap. Before u say just do bgs for fun I have to say that atm things cost to much and time should be invested in something that rewards u at least economicaly. In other seasons we could by honor gems to sell now just feels like a waist of time to keep doing bgs after honor and gear cap.

If u want people to take some time away from their arenas and do more rbg u also need to make it harder to obtain hi arena rankings because atm u can join a 1k+team for a instant 1k rating wich u cant do in rbg cus their u start at 0 no choice. Or u may want to make it easier for rbg teams to gain 1k after first win or some other idea because atm getting hier in arenas is way easier than rbg since it takes more people to get into them.
Great change. Thanks!