Faster 2H vs Slower 2H for Ret

Paladin
No I'm not talking about anything dramatic like something 2.0 ish in the weapon speed range but now with our hardest hitting ability (Exorcism) relying on auto attacks to proc (along with our Mastery but bleh to that anyhow) wouldn't a 3.50 weapon perhaps beat out at 3.80 one?

Looking for some constructive thought on this, was just something I startered wondering about.
Seal damage isn't normalized according to weapon speed, so the slower a weapon, the harder a seal will hit. More damage is good. I may be wrong on this, but vanilla warriors and vanilla enhance shammys used the Arcanite Reaper because of it's slow damage speed, which increased the damage of Heroic Strike and Windfury Weapon.
Slower weapon will be far better in the long run. TV's damage is not normalized around weapon damage, so the highest possible top end is what you want to aim for.
lol i actually tried that in icc when the content was still current. i used my shadow's edge for saurfang and pulled 13k dps, and then fore festergut i used my pvp weapon and shield and pulled 12. I was quite shocked that it did so well but i havent tried messing around with it so far in cata.
12/26/2010 2:12 PMPosted by Nylista
I was quite chocked that it did so well but i havent tried messing around with it so far in cata.

12/26/2010 2:12 PMPosted by Nylista
I was quite chocked

chocked