Shockadins have been rezzed.

Paladin
http://oi52.tinypic.com/2qitjyp.jpg

Keep in mind this guy was level 81, had 35k mana and was in ICC gear. Mix of i264

I beat him 2/3 times when I actually tried. But I was curious because whenever he HoJ me i went from 100% to 10% during its duration. So I let him burn me down and BAM took him alll of 5 seconds to chew through all my health. (52k) And he was nowhere near OOM afterward.
Yeah - no.
lol, your not cool because your ignorant breh.
12/31/2010 1:13 AMPosted by ßeãst

There's a difference between "your" and "you're."

Not demonstrating that you know and understand this difference makes you the ignorant one.

Don't even get me started on how trying to extrapolate the viability of "shockadins" at max level from a mixed level duel with a level 81 player is an entire exercise in ignorance.
EDIT: Double post due to router hiccup.
He spammed you with exorcism... Exorcism isn't instant cast.. (unless you get a Denounce Proc, which happens with holy shock, that has a CD). He didn't kill you in 5 seconds.
12/31/2010 6:19 AMPosted by Galavant
There's a difference between "your" and "you're."

Not demonstrating that you know and understand this difference makes you the ignorant one.

Grammar Police.

Watcha gonna do? harass people on your internets. tough stuff.

There's nothing wrong with being open-minded. It's actually how some players discover things, like how overpowered some classes can get.

I'd suggest trying it sometime, but you're probably too busy treating EJ like it's the bible of WoW and using cookie cutter specs lol.

/chuckle

The close minded ones are the shockadin supporters, who are blindly devoted to their spec/playstyle/whatever you want to call it
Wasn't a Shockadin a Retribution paladin who specced half into Holy tree to get Holy Shock? I don't remember anything about Shockadins spamming exorcism.
12/31/2010 1:13 AMPosted by ßeãst

While his response was perhaps terse, it was not ignorant. Let me dispel yours if I may.

With cata, the BASE damage of a lot of holy skills was greatly increased. As a result at level 81 damage is relatively quite high. However, the coefficients where damage increases with things like spellpower are not very high. So the higher level you get, the less relative damage you put out for your level.

This is also why for example at level 80 ret and prot had fantastic self heals with WoG, not so much at 85.

Stay thirsty my friend.

You are not a bounty hunter.
12/31/2010 12:33 AMPosted by ßeãst
http://oi52.tinypic.com/2qitjyp.jpg

Keep in mind this guy was level 81, had 35k mana and was in ICC gear. Mix of i264

I beat him 2/3 times when I actually tried. But I was curious because whenever he HoJ me i went from 100% to 10% during its duration. So I let him burn me down and BAM took him alll of 5 seconds to chew through all my health. (52k) And he was nowhere near OOM afterward.

Shockadins are fine for leveling, not much else though.

They simply don't do enough damage to take down people with 100K+ hp, and one interrupt with a school lockout i.e. counter spell, silence, strangulate is enough to destroy both their offense and defense.

on top of that exorcism scales terribly.
12/31/2010 7:17 AMPosted by Fabius

Shockadins are fine for leveling, not much else though.

They simply don't do enough damage to take down people with 100K+ hp, and one interrupt with a school lockout i.e. counter spell, silence, strangulate is enough to destroy both their offense and defense.

on top of that exorcism scales terribly.

All this is true, still fun as hell tho.
12/31/2010 7:17 AMPosted by Fabius

Incorrect. Based on my battleground experience, at 85 it takes a rogue, a feral druid, a boomkin, a frost mage, and an elemental shaman to destroy both their offense and defense.
12/31/2010 6:12 AMPosted by Fobus
He spammed you with exorcism... Exorcism isn't instant cast.. (unless you get a Denounce Proc, which happens with holy shock, that has a CD). He didn't kill you in 5 seconds.

Yeah, were you there? nah.
12/31/2010 7:11 AMPosted by Keyagakure
Wasn't a Shockadin a Retribution paladin who specced half into Holy tree to get Holy Shock? I don't remember anything about Shockadins spamming exorcism.

Well, he did. A ret wouldn' thave 35k mana at level 81.
While his response was perhaps terse, it was not ignorant. Let me dispel yours if I may.

With cata, the BASE damage of a lot of holy skills was greatly increased. As a result at level 81 damage is relatively quite high. However, the coefficients where damage increases with things like spellpower are not very high. So the higher level you get, the less relative damage you put out for your level.

This is also why for example at level 80 ret and prot had fantastic self heals with WoG, not so much at 85.

Stay thirsty my friend.

You are not a bounty hunter.

Thank-you for this constructive reply.
12/31/2010 7:45 AMPosted by Jantilla

Incorrect. Based on my battleground experience, at 85 it takes a rogue, a feral druid, a boomkin, a frost mage, and an elemental shaman to destroy both their offense and defense.

Did they forget they have interrupts or something?

One counterspell, then deepfreeze would of done the trick, or a solar beam + root, even a skull bash and kick will do.
Stop getting trolled by this scrub.
Yeah, were you there? nah.

You posted the combat log. I don't need to be there. I can clearly see he was spamming exorcism the entire fight aside from the opening judgement. Given the cast time on exorcism (1.5s), there is no way that took 5 seconds.