[Bug] "BB King" Achievement

Bug Report
I have found a possible bug with the "BB King" achievement. It requires the use of a "Red Rider Air Rifle" which was exclusively a 2009 christmas present. However with this years gift being a zeppelin (and i'm sure next years will be something else) Doesn't that make this achievement unobtainable?

Would it be more suitable for it to be a Feat of Strength? Or if possible, how would it be possible to obtain one of these "Red Rider Air Rifle" If i grab my recipt, and return it to the store and exchange it for a different present.

I was good this year! I wanted a toy gun and not a flying toy! :P
As other people mentioned this should not be a FoS, but purchasable from the toy shop in Dalaran.
I just looked at the dalaran toy store and do not see Red Rider Air Rifle

To add, for the "Crashin' & Thrashin'" achievement, I tried the crasher from the toy store (Blue Crashin' Thrashin' Racer Controller), as well as the zeppelin given (MiniZep Controller) for achievement and still am at 0/25.
I can verify that the Blue Crashin Works fine.

You have to crash into another tho. So, find a friend.

I have opened a ticket with a GM, to which he replied:

Something to the effect of "The BB rifle is unable to be obtained this year as it is not being given under the christmas tree."

This does not seem fair to me. If it is an achievement, it should be achievable- blizzard should either make it a feat of strength OR PREFERABLY just make it a present before the holiday is over!
I have the same issue with "BB King". No source to get a gun.
I've created a ticket, GM answered that the achievement cannot be done because this item is not accessible anymore.
I agree, this is unfair - inachievable achievement :-(
this is such a bs bug. i had bb king when alliance, then lost it when faction swapping, and now I can't get it again. grr.
I did my bbking achievement a couple months ago. If you've got your gun, you can still get the achievement because the gun doesn't go away until you're out of ammo. You get points for it and I would hate to lose achievement points because someone else is crying they didn't get the gun. (FOS would make it worth no -points). Those of us that have done these holiday things, more than a couple years, should'nt get penalized. So far this year return holiday people already got screwed out of the second dalaran orphan, a reused beer stein, plus a few quests we couldnt do if we'd done before. Let's not take our gun points away.
I agree with Nessahelyan, this isn't a bug. Also the BB king achieve doesn't count against the title giving achievement, so no big deal.
12/26/2010 9:39 PMPosted by Saimuel
I agree with Nessahelyan, this isn't a bug. Also the BB king achieve doesn't count against the title giving achievement, so no big deal.

Then make it obtainable in some way, if it is unobtainable, it should be a Feat of Strength like all the other unobtainable achievements.
But, it is obtainable, if you have the gun from 2009.
12/26/2010 4:42 PMPosted by Nessahelyan
I did my bbking achievement a couple months ago. If you've got your gun, you can still get the achievement because the gun doesn't go away until you're out of ammo. You get points for it and I would hate to lose achievement points because someone else is crying they didn't get the gun. (FOS would make it worth no -points). Those of us that have done these holiday things, more than a couple years, should'nt get penalized. So far this year return holiday people already got screwed out of the second dalaran orphan, a reused beer stein, plus a few quests we couldnt do if we'd done before. Let's not take our gun points away.

Regarding losing achievement points, because of the shattering and all the changes of 4.0.1, I lost

Deadliest Catch
1000 Dungeon & Raid Emblems
1000 Stone Keepers Shards
Did Somebody Order a Knuckle Sandwich
Master of Arms

Theres 50 points I believe. I did those...worked my ass off for some of them. Why should I be punished by losing points when I put in the work to get those achievements? Because the content is no longer available. BB King should be no different from any of these achievements. I'm not complaining that I lost the points. It's part of the game, and a very minor one at that. But to have an impossible to obtain achievement in the list, especially one that many people were looking forward to completing until they found out on Dec 25th that Blizz won't give them the gun, is ridiculous. Either make it a FoS, or make the gun available for purchase. Why is this not common sense?
Loche... don't get me started or i'll bring up "keymaster", but as Saimuel has stated, BB King is still obtainable.

Not everyone who obtained their rifle has completed it.
These people are still able to obtain the achievement.
Why should these people should have the ability to obtain the achievement taken away?

Should people who destroyed the item be offered the chance to obtain a new one?

Should the people who wasted their charges shooting squirrels be handed a new one?

You may have lost ~50 Ach Points, but so has everyone else. Ach Points aren't a form of currency, and since everyone has lost the ability to acquire these Acheivements, the Point Comparison still holds.

No point complaining about an ever-evolving world.

The bug with BB King is not that you can't earn it, it's that it hasn't been rolled into a Feat of Strength.
12/27/2010 5:44 AMPosted by Steelfistv
You may have lost ~50 Ach Points, but so has everyone else.

With the exception of the Keymaster, because it was removed entirely, when an Achievement is converted to a Feat of Strength, you do not lose the points.

Blizzard has said any points earned from an Achievement are never lost, even when converted to a Feat of Strength. If you earn it after it's converted (if it's possible) you don't get anything.
12/27/2010 4:35 AMPosted by Nobully
Loche... don't get me started or i'll bring up "keymaster", but as Saimuel has stated, BB King is still obtainable.

Not everyone who obtained their rifle has completed it.
These people are still able to obtain the achievement.
Why should these people should have the ability to obtain the achievement taken away?

Should people who destroyed the item be offered the chance to obtain a new one?

Should the people who wasted their charges shooting squirrels be handed a new one?

I agree with you completely, However, what about the poor soul who decides to roll a new toon today, go hard on achievements, get everything in the game except for BB King.

They should make the gun obtainable from a vendor then, that way it keeps everyone happy. Or at the very least allow us to swap our presents.

I agree with you completely, However, what about the poor soul who decides to roll a new toon today, go hard on achievements, get everything in the game except for BB King.

They should make the gun obtainable from a vendor then, that way it keeps everyone happy. Or at the very least allow us to swap our presents.

That is what I've been ranting about on all the threads make the toy gun be available at oh I don't know the Dalaran toy store maybe? You can't get teh red car anymore but you can get teh blue car to get teh achievement why not get a blue gun :P
12/27/2010 6:10 AMPosted by Ayladcg

Blizzard has said any points earned from an Achievement are never lost, even when converted to a Feat of Strength. If you earn it after it's converted (if it's possible) you don't get anything.

really?

source?

I was down about 80 points, I want them back.
12/29/2010 2:53 AMPosted by Nobully

really?

source?

I was down about 80 points, I want them back.

Um.. you didn't have 80 points *looks nervously around* what points are you talking about? Blizzard can't possibly do something they say they wont.. right... *wink*
I've never seen Blizzard say you won't lose points when they convert an achievement to a feat of strength.. and I'm quite certain people did lose points (I dropped a few on several characters) with the 4.0.3a patch.

As the crashing race car achievement was not able to be completed last Winter's Veil (due to offering the BB gun instead), instead of making the achievement a feat, they went back and added a toy race car to the toy vendor. If they were going to follow suit this year, they will eventually add a BB gun to some vendor allowing people who weren't there last year a chance to complete the achievement.