What spec for PvP goodness?

Paladin
I have been playing around with Prot in PvP and it feels ok, Ret felt weak. Is Prot our PvP Goodnes tree right now?
Holy.

I do fairly well in BGs (no arena yet) as Holy. I have above average survivability, and every 3 minutes I can go bonkers and usually down a couple of low HP baddies. It also depends on what you want to do. If you want to smash face and get KBs, go DK/War/Mage (har har....)

Seriously, Do what you want.
As far as Arena goes it primarily depends on your partner. Mine is a SPriest so I went Ret(the off-heals spec) and we've been doing pretty well so far (granted I haven't done many games this season).
Holy.

Holy. Holy. Holy.

I'm not the best pvper... but holy is the crutch that holds me up.
if you get the gear for ret its decent, i was running destro/ret and we did ight

but if you are thinking of what to gear holy is the way to go and we could use some more fkin healers in bgs
Protection is garbage in PVP.
Retribution is good if you're a good player with good gear. Not as good as overpowered classes like Warriors, Mages, Feral Druids, and Affliction Warlocks, but it's good.
So do you need Engineering for Ret Pally PvP or is it survivable without?.....Are we gimped without it?
12/30/2010 10:17 PMPosted by Tonîc
Retribution is good if you're a good player with good gear. Not as good as overpowered classes like Warriors, Mages, Feral Druids, and Affliction Warlocks, but it's good.

Protection is not garbage at all.
Holy.
HAd a level81 pally burn me down in 4 seconds spamming Excorism. Yes that's right. ANd the kicker? he was in ICC gear. And I had 52k health
12/31/2010 12:23 AMPosted by ßeãst
Holy.
HAd a level81 pally burn me down in 4 seconds spamming Excorism. Yes that's right. ANd the kicker? he was in ICC gear. And I had 52k health

Wrong, I saw that SS. It was not four seconds.
12/31/2010 12:23 AMPosted by ßeãst
Holy.

Impossible.

Either you can't count or you're lying.
12/30/2010 10:17 PMPosted by Tonîc

Wrong. Prot is amazing....their survivability is absurd. Ret just does less damage than Prot, plain and simple. Compare the abilities they have one on one, it's not even close. And Prot of course has amazing mitigation in almost every way.