Holy paladins stacking mastery??

Paladin
Post Limit:
Is mastery good for holy paladin arena?? It seams like it...Just a question...Anyone stacking it??
Not that I'm aware of. Generally, ppl are reforging it to spirit, haste or crit (debate which is better between haste/crit).
EDITED TO REMOVE BAD INFO. THANKS.

If your target is constantly being hit in between each heal, then that's fine. This mainly happens in PvE encounters. In PvP, there are so many things going on and sometimes you are just spamming heals even when your target isnt actually being attacked.

Int/Sprit/Crit is what I gem/forge.

Int - more mana, bigger spells.
Sprit - improves my hit rating for those times I go "whack-a-mole" on people. Also gives me more mana during a fight.
Crit - procs lots of good things for paladins. Shock crit makes my heals super fast. Stacking crit gives me healing/dmg bonus. Also, a crit heal will, mathematically anyways, place a larger shield on my target than stacking mastery would. Although mastery will be consistent.
12/31/2010 8:49 AMPosted by Ehrion
The biggest problem with holy mastery is that your shield overwrites the previous one, even if the new shield is smaller than your old one.

No. A larger shield overwrites a smaller one.
A smaller shield renews the larger one.
12/31/2010 8:54 AMPosted by Zhyrr
The biggest problem with holy mastery is that your shield overwrites the previous one, even if the new shield is smaller than your old one.

I stand corrected, sir!

It still does not change my stance on Holy mastery.
12/31/2010 8:54 AMPosted by Zhyrr

Not refuting this, but where is that written? If that's true, it's a good thing. Doesn't give mastery any more weight against crit or haste, but still a good thing.
12/31/2010 8:56 AMPosted by Agrovation

Not refuting this, but where is that written? If that's true, it's a good thing. Doesn't give mastery any more weight against crit or haste, but still a good thing.

He is correct. A smaller shield will simply refresh a larger one.
Sweet!
As of right now with all the healing issues most people tend to have, Mastery is not a good stat as of right now, you are better off reforging into Int/Sprit/Crit. I haven't found it to help in raiding or heroics. But I also do not PvP maybe its better there.
It's fairly craptastic in PvP as well. Maybe if you're gurading/healing a flag carrier and you get a nice DL off before the ENTIRE other team CC's you it'll buy some time to get back after the stun/fear wears off. But it's not a deal-breaker. I'd rather have deeper mana pool or more combat regen since in an intense fight you're not exactly min/maxing mana as much as keeping people from getting dead.
12/31/2010 8:56 AMPosted by Agrovation

Go stand in trade. Lay on Hands yourself, and check the shield amount. Cast Holy Shock, then check the shield amount. Cast Holy Light, then check the shield amount. Cast Holy Shock every time the cooldown is up for the next minute and a half, then check the shield amount. You'll find that, as long as you don't actually let the shield fall off at any point, it'll still be the original amount. New shields don't refresh it to its original amount, but to the current amount when the new heal hits.