Justice Points into Valor Points?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
So, I remember that during the summer and fall when we were all eagerly awaiting Cata's release, that one of the previews of the new Justice and Valor points systems mentioned a conversion from Justice Points into Valor Points.

Unable to find the Blizzard source for this, I turned to Wowhead, as these fellows typically have correct information.
"Also, there will be a way to convert Justice points into Valor points (and vice-versa), though not at a 1:1 ratio." http://www.wowhead.com/guide=cataclysm&pve

I'm just curious if the idea was scrapped, delayed until further content has been released, or simply an oversight.
Dunno, but it would be nice to see something soon. I'll end up capping in a day or two.
This would be nice since I am still farming heroics for rep and have been at 4000 JP for at least two weeks now :3
I've still got an item or two I could buy with Justice Points but having more or less equivalent gear, for main spec and off spec, from Heroics makes that a little superfluous.

I'd imagine a converter would be implemented with the Firelands content patch or later, when everyone, despite playstyle, would be able to feasibly acquire the Justice Point gear.
I'm in agreement that it's too soon.

I'm simply curious about the idea in general.
That's will be brilliant, for example to can excange 10 Justice points for 1 Valor Point, 1,000 Jp = 100 Vp that's awesome, because we will have a reason to do LK heroics again.......
I doubt they will do this.

It would be too easy to get Valor points that way.
Weren't they just going to shift the gear from the Valorous Quartermaster down to the Justice Quartermaster once new tiers were available and adjust the price accordingly?
12/31/2010 3:00 AMPosted by Unvoke
Weren't they just going to shift the gear from the Valorous Quartermaster down to the Justice Quartermaster once new tiers were available and adjust the price accordingly?
Yes.

Also, I think Capping Justice turns into Gold after a certain point?
At 70 VP per daily and only 70 VP per downed boss... even with the couple of epics you get from faction rep, it will still take more than 2 weeks just to get enough VP for ONE epic. I don't enjoy that and I'm sure many others don't either. They made regular dungeons quite hard unless you had all blues on (and players that didn't fail). So I'm expected to raid in a couple of purples and all blue heroic gear? That doesn't make sense to me. I would rather be able to get my epics faster so I'm not raiding in mediocre gear. That's just me.
12/31/2010 2:23 AMPosted by Megamoomoo
Stepped in my first Heroic today and I didn't even need anything from the JP vendor.

Sad.

I've felt that way on a couple of characters. Yes, I could get a sidegrade or something, but JPs are stacking up and I don't really see much of a need to use them.
12/31/2010 2:23 AMPosted by Megamoomoo
Stepped in my first Heroic today and I didn't even need anything from the JP vendor.

Sad.
Well, not everyone buys tens of thousands of gold worth of BoEs and wears pvp gear into heroics.
The only conversion I was able to find was JP <> HP at a loss.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/19188/cataclysm-badge-and-pvp-point-changes
We do plan to have a way to convert Honor points (PvP) into Justice points (PvE), and vice versa, at a loss. The conversions will be possible, but it won't be a 1:1 rate, and you'll have fewer points after the conversion process. We won't allow the higher tiers to be exchanged for each other, however.
01/27/2011 7:53 AMPosted by Lanook
At 70 VP per daily and only 70 VP per downed boss... even with the couple of epics you get from faction rep, it will still take more than 2 weeks just to get enough VP for ONE epic. I don't enjoy that and I'm sure many others don't either. They made regular dungeons quite hard unless you had all blues on (and players that didn't fail). So I'm expected to raid in a couple of purples and all blue heroic gear? That doesn't make sense to me. I would rather be able to get my epics faster so I'm not raiding in mediocre gear. That's just me.

Yes you are expected to raid in all blues and a couple of rep purples.
It was never stated by Blizzard that JP to VP points would be available. Ever.

Please find me a link that isn't written by some random person on wowhead. My guess is whoever wrote that mistook the HP to JP conversion (and vise versa, at a loss). As posted above.

I'll retract my post once an official post is posted (which it won't be).

Thanks.

01/27/2011 7:53 AMPosted by Lanook
So I'm expected to raid in a couple of purples and all blue heroic gear? That doesn't make sense to me. I would rather be able to get my epics faster so I'm not raiding in mediocre gear. That's just me.

Yes?

When you started lolNaxx, were you in full epics? Nope. Nothing has changed in these regards. Entry level raiding, regardless of how easy or hard it is, has always been done in blues/rep rewards and in some cases, greens. We were actually 3/5 BoT by the time I was able to replace my last green.
01/27/2011 7:56 AMPosted by Crepe

Sad.

I've felt that way on a couple of characters. Yes, I could get a sidegrade or something, but JPs are stacking up and I don't really see much of a need to use them.

I used mine on Heirloom gear. But I'll soon run out of pieces to buy. I guess i could get duplicates so that I don't have to mail them around to alts....