Leveling from 75-80!

Quests
Will questing get me from 75-80 faster than just doing BGs the whole time? I got from 1-75 from just BGs pretty much.. but I am getting a bit burnt out on pointless killing for now. (I just want to pvp at 85.) So should I start questing?!
75 to 80 is a grind and took me forever to get thru by just questing. I hear dungeons are faster.
Questing while waiting for a DPS que and doing a dungeon everytime the que comes seems to be the fastest way. Or same for BGs thing about BGs is the exp is nowhere near that of questing unless you win.
01/02/2011 9:37 PMPosted by Knukes
75 to 80 is a grind and took me forever to get thru by just questing. I hear dungeons are faster.

You're joking right?

70-80 was nerfed with Cata's release, it's basically 1.2 million for each level... (it goes up in increments, like 1.267 m to 1.294 m for the next level, which is like 2 quests)...

I've been questing the entire way and in my 70's I've been getting a level in 3-4 hours... (unrested) Granted I've done the Wrath content 4 times previously, but in short, if you have any type of a clue on how and where to quest you are much better off questing. LFD is NOT faster.

Edit: Forgot to add... now that I started upgrading to Cata greens at 77 it will be even faster. I'm 2 shotting every quest mob in Northrend LOL...
I got my 80 a few weeks before Cat came out so I don't know how fast it goes now. What I DO know is that it was a frigging mindless grind between Grizzly Hills and Zul'Drak. Friends who were doing dungeon runs at the same time did it much faster than I did.
01/03/2011 8:13 PMPosted by Knukes
I got my 80 a few weeks before Cat came out so I don't know how fast it goes now. What I DO know is that it was a frigging mindless grind between Grizzly Hills and Zul'Drak. Friends who were doing dungeon runs at the same time did it much faster than I did.

Northrend has been nerfed 20% since Cata launched.

Starts at around 1,200,000 XP to get to 71, and having just gotten 79 I can tell you that it is 1,337,000 XP to get to 80. (Nice job on the 1337 Blizzard LOL)

Not sure how your friends outleveled you doing dungeons, unless you were totally lost or hadn't quested in Northrend before... Perfect example is earlier I grouped a bunch of quests on the coast in Grizzly Hills... took me about 20 mins to knock out the 8 quests at 23k XP each... that's 180k + XP unrested and much faster than LFD.

It hasn't been a grind at all... started at Borean Tundra at 68, went to 73 there. Then went to Dragonblight and took it to 76. I just finished Grizzly Hills and hit 79. All 3 of those zones I got the quest achievement.

Now I'm headed to Icecrown for the last level in Northrend.
Yeah, it was my 1st time in Northrend and I did most of it on foot because of the cold weather flying requirement at the time. Flying makes a big difference when you don't have to face all the trash mobs between where you are and where your quest is.
Were do i start questing from 75-80 i have no clue ><
Grizzly Hills is probably a good place to start, then on to Zul'Drak or Sholazar Basin, and finally Storm Peaks and Icecrown. You won't need to do "all" of them by any means, there is way more exp available than you actually need.

Also note they are reducing the exp required for the Northrend levels by 30% in 4.3 which is probably either next Tuesday or the week after.

Please don't bump old (in this case 10 months old) threads though. Like this one they often contain very out-of-date, and now wrong, information, which will only confuse other people who come along and read it without checking the dates.
and to close the thread
PTR Patch Notes 4.3
The amount of experience needed to gain levels 71 through 80 has been reduced by approximately 33%.