'You have been removed from the group' ??

Battlegrounds
So, I am in the Tol Barad battleground, and suddenly I am in my home city inn, with the message:

"You have been removed from the group".

That has happened the last two times I have been in Tol Barad.

What's causing this?

Have you had it happen?
01/02/2011 9:17 PMPosted by Virtuous
So, I am in the Tol Barad battleground, and suddenly I am in my home city inn, with the message:

"You have been removed from the group".

That has happened the last two times I have been in Tol Barad.

What's causing this?

Have you had it happen?

The raid leader kicking you out?
This is a battleground, though. There is no raid leader that can kick people.

Weird.
No, TB puts you into a raid group not a BG group.
Ahh Tol Barad, will your wonders never cease?
Sorry, double post
Well, technically you are in a raid, but who would the raid leader be? A random person?

I can't imagine that random player can just kick people.
01/02/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Virtuous

No of course not, people never grief people in this game just for the hell of it.
01/02/2011 10:50 PMPosted by Virtuous
Well, technically you are in a raid, but who would the raid leader be? A random person?

I think I read something about this happening in WG, too. Likely the RL messing with you and possibly a bunch of others as well. Take note of who your RL is so you can report them if it keeps happening.
I was queued, I accepted, and I was fighting, and I was inside the zone at all times.
Seen this happen in WG too, except I wasn't I wasn't ported out of the zone. A few other players had it happen in the same fight. Iwas able to reque immediately though and stay till end of battle.
You can be reported AFK in TB, just like in BGs. Don't know if this results in a boot, but I suspect it does. I got folks to report someone that was obviously AFK the other day, and I saw him removed from the group shortly thereafter.
Might be a bug that lets the RL remove people. Report it in the bug forums if you were in a group and suddenly removed. I remember reading that Raid Leaders in WG and TB would no longer have the option to remove players.

This use to happen in WG on my server all the time but it would never boot you out, you would be stuck solo not gaining any honor kills or rank ups with the others.

01/03/2011 12:20 AMPosted by Daïsh
you cant kick people from the raid

Yeah, unless they patched it recently you can.
As I now remember, each time I had been discussing in chat the pro/con of win trading.

Maybe the raid leader saw it as a violation and kicked me out.
01/04/2011 10:18 AMPosted by Virtuous
As I now remember, each time I had been discussing in chat the pro/con of win trading.

Lol were you for throwing the match? If so I can see why they would kick someone who joins only to lose.

Lol were you for throwing the match? If so I can see why they would kick someone who joins only to lose.

As I recall we were debating whether you got more XP by winning every other match for 1800. I did point out that you made much more Xp by trading wins, assuming you could retake the BG at will. But other people were talking as well.