Tol Barad Honor Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 87 Next
Yay now I get to fight all these people who abused the bug and already have full sets of gear from running in and out on the bridge in TB. Woopie!!
But I am glad they fixed it, 1 piece of new gear every 4-5 hours without any effort is just silly.
Yeah, this means that one faction will once again control Tol Barad indefinitely (unless people keep making the 3am pushes when few people are on).

Tol Barad should be fixed so that:

Anyone can zone into Baradin Hold.

Give attacking team a slight advantage. Don't make it impossible for attackers to win unless the other side is afk or farming ore/herbs.
While the honor change undermined the "spirit" of PvP, it at least made the zone regularly available for both factions.

Without any actual balance fixes all this does is give one side a monopoly again.

Tol Barad is undoubtedly the worst zone Blizzard has designed, ever. The PvP is unbalanced, the PvE is also terrible, with the PvE areas being too small to support the number of players using them, you guys over packed the mobs, gave them fast respawn timer, and they have very large aggro radii making it that much worse when they all repop faster then you can kill them. At its worst Wintergrasp and Isle of Qual'Danas were 1000x times better then TB is.
I'll admit 360 honor a game is better than 90, but when your server is lopsided one faction, you're lucky to get into a game to get any honor or you end up losing constantly. Where's the commendation fix so the losers at least get 1 mark, too? That at least offers some incentive to at least go to get one measely mark that may be enough to get your trinket or mount that day.

Off on another matter, I've been doing a lot of math since Cataclysm hit to find out how much time I have to spend in instances or BGs to get gear from the JP and honor vendors. Why is it that you have to do 50-60 Tol'barad's with the 360 honor change (ignoring 90 for intact towers) while you only have to do 20-40 heroics to buy all the items? It's like 80-90 normal randoms through LFD for the non-heroic geared so that's a lot slower, but the PvP gear is closer to heroic gear with iLvL, not normal dungeon so I'm ignoring that. Anyway, on top of that, PvEers get items from instances which drops the number of dungeons they have to run even further while PvPers get zilch from BGs. Where's the equality in gearing? Shouldn't it take equal time to gear for both PvE and PvP? Tol'barad should net closer to 600-720 honor a win or the amount of JP you get from heroics needs to be nerfed. WTB equality please. As a player, we should have the option to chose which path we gear up in and both paths should be equal.
I guess horde isn't going to be able to do Baradin Hold this week on Mal'ganis. Way to go.
Blizzard fix Tol Borad make it like WG or WSG because, its not fun at all atm.
01/03/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Zarhym
Whats the word on the bridge exploit?

We're working on a fix for this right now.

I know you're probably working on some complicated fix that will likely re-break Meta gems, phasing, or cause the servers to be unstable, but may I suggest a gate. Like the one 100 yards on the opposite side of the bridge.
01/03/2011 1:54 PMPosted by Fenril
As you’re probably aware by now, an update was applied to Tol Barad shortly before the holidays which granted the attacking side 1800 Honor Points for a victory. While the goal with that change was to provide more incentive for the attacking forces to claim victory, it ultimately led to an undermining of the spirit of competition in Tol Barad. We’ve just applied a hotfix which has lowered the attacking faction’s gain to 360 Honor Points for a victory. The defending faction will still earn 180 Honor Points for a victory.

We appreciate all of your feedback regarding this change. We'll continue working to make Tol Barad a fun and engaging PvP environment.

That is still to much honor and I doubt it will stop the win traders and about 3/4 of the people already have FULL pvp gear, so your a little late, to bad you couldn't have done it right when you design the BG.

See you next season, at this point the PVP season for BGs is messed up and all the hard work of getting most of my gear before the hotfix was gone with the win traders within 3 or 4 days.
Yes, the integrity of the entire PvP season is ruined because some people got a bunch of blues for barely any work.

And I think this will stop the win trading, given that you gain just as much honor for defending twice as you do for capturing once, on top of TB marks and the fact that you own the zone for four hours instead of two.
Congrats on ignoring the actual problem and screwing people out of honor. Thanks blizzard. Maybe you should fix the server inbalances so more than 5 people can get into tb.

Oh and I am sure the alliance on my server will be very pleased to never have TB again!!!
Spirit of competition? There's nearly no chance of winning an offense when the other faction actually try's to defend..

On most servers one faction will own TB for however long they want to now.. 1.8k was far too much honor for a win, but there's really nothing you can do to fix TB and allow for regular control change without redesigning the zone or objectives (maybe only capping two on offense?). Providing incentive for control change is the best option atm, sadly.

And please change the zone cap...
If anything it should be nerfed more. Honor gear should be 4K a peice. Seriously .. u grind heroics for days and weeks but PvP gear for like an hour .. or just do a quick BG to get 329 ilvl to go into heroics. lame.
To be honest, the influx of 1800 honor every few hours was a major impact on the state of everyone's gear progression, not a minor one. Whether you earned the honor by random lottery (sometimes the odds of getting in Tol Barad seem worse than the odds of winning the lottery, to be honest), or leeched it using the bridge "exploit", the fact is you introduced millions of points of honor into the system.

This is not unlike suffering an item duplication or similar exploit. It has a significant (if temporary) impact on the economy.

I was shocked at how flippantly Blizzard offered such a game-changing incentively, and also somewhat surprised at how casual you folks are being about the aftermath. For the record, I think the current change is appropriate, but I also think you need to actually re-design the game instead of just tinkering with the rewards. I assume you know this as well.
Now it won't switch sides. Ever. Great job blizzard.
That was a good way of learning 'cooperation', LOL.