Tol Barad Honor Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 85 86 87
I enjoy this new point reduction Gear is supposed to be a challenge to get not just win one match and you get almost 2 peices of tier 11 pvp sets. Thank you blizzard.
hunters NEED TA BE NERFED BAD! my rogue (even at low levels) cant kill them, nor can my lock, shaman, death knight, priest, warrior, anything, i literally have 1 of each character type, and none of em can kill them.

please nerf hunters, or else this game will become overrun with them.
Thank you Blizzard the Alliance on my realm are so bad we have not had TB sense u took the 1800 perk away TY for screwing us all over.
the 1800 honor was literally the only reason i went, we always lose but that made it a little thrilling.. (to think, maybe i wont have to lose 1000 random bg's in a row for a couple honor points!) whats worse anyway? 1800 honor that we get once in a blue moon, or the stacking of honor that horde gets from continuos wins? which, might i add, will be EVEN MORE wins now that alliance has next to 0 reason for trying to win any more. dailies, boring- and most raiders dont also pvp, or wouldnt often just for one raid when the chance of winning is so slim.
blizzard is so good at making things worse :)
Hey here's a thought for everyone who's complaining about the TB battleground, there are other methods for people to farm honor, or even better conquest points to get gear. Personally, i think TB is a good idea because it allows for raid style battles instead of small group battles, which is a nice change. Also, if you're worried about yourside losing too often, roll healer, and you can make your side more effective in battle, ever since i've rolled healer on this character, i've had a rise in battleground wins overall because my team was able to last longer instead of merely falling victim to too much damage, it's all about having a strategy and a battle plan, knowing when to attack and where, and allocating healers and dps where necessary. The difference between Tol Barad style conquest and say arathi basin conquest is merely numbers, and the fact that you have to actually conquer an area, just like in a war. If that's not for you, you can easily go form an arena team for smaller battles, join a pvp guild, or pursue other methods. The only true way you're going to have a non-one-sided battle is if both teams are structured similarly and equally skilled in tactics, for example, on my server, the horde are really good with team work and tactics, which is why I as a healer need to be there and off-set that if we want to win. then it comes down to knowing your character, positioning yourself well to either heal or be healed, and picking your fights wisely. If you are running a dps role, you should then watch who you're attacking, target healers like myself, because they can't heal their teammates if they themselves are taking too much damage, and then the numbers start dropping, and most importantly, communicate, but don't just send everyone to one place, I think Blizz's intent with this battle was the same as the rest of cata, to restore tactics too the game, and perhaps in this situation, simulate warfare for a true pvp experience, which we see by the large numbers systems and the fact that you have to work as a team against someone who has a home field advantage (just like in real warfare when worrying about conquest) to effectively suppress the enemy long enough to gain control of the game. Tactics are essential to something like this, not just blindly going in and dealing tons of damage as in some battlegrounds (such as isle of conquest, which has become more isle of pvp raiding, due to sides deciding to merely race to kill the boss instead of opening up into warfare). The difference between tol barad and ones like wintergrasp is that it is warfare and securing an area of size against an enemy, whereas wintergrasp is merely one target which you have to take to control a zone, even if you yourself have no other land. Actually, i think it would be kind of cool if we could see wintergrasp brought up to 85 reward levels and put on a timer that cues off in between tol barad for those of us who are fans of these large scale conquest maps.
My only complaint is people Farming herbs and Mines during the battle. Please fix this! We haven't had TB for so long, and then you see people on the attacking side farming????!!!??? Let people who want to fight into the BG!
01/29/2011 7:39 AMPosted by Shamurick
I heard about this but never got a chance to take advantage while it was active, so now I'm stuck behind the curve grinding for hours on end for a single piece of gear while getting facerolled by people with their full set of gladiator. Nice going, Bliz, another terrible decision in an absolutely terrible expansion.

And by the way, TB is awful. It is completely, irredeemibly, land war in Asia in winter bad.
Married to my husband "BAD"!
Honestly i think this just ruins everything. ever since wraith came out people have become to stubborn in the fact of heroic dungeons. and in other unbalance was wintergrasp as said by the employee. since the removal of the large honor was given less people will attack tol barad. HOWEVER, this makes it more longer for players to gain there gear in a more "suitable" manner. but if people want the honor to be at a fair amount it should be given for defenders if they win 500 honor and if attackers win 750 for there abillity to beat the living crap out of the defenders. wintergrasp honor gain was only maintained on the kills resulting in an unsuitable position to even try to take the keep. the keep was probably taken for the only fact raid bosses in it. so basiclly tol barad is like wotlk again for a pvp zone. rest is fine but this just makes people rage more. im just saying from what ive seen so far.
01/29/2011 7:51 AMPosted by Tirza
I heard about this but never got a chance to take advantage while it was active, so now I'm stuck behind the curve grinding for hours on end for a single piece of gear while getting facerolled by people with their full set of gladiator. Nice going, Bliz, another terrible decision in an absolutely terrible expansion.

And by the way, TB is awful. It is completely, irredeemibly, land war in Asia in winter bad.
Married to my husband "BAD"!

Ouch i felt that burn way over here.
And to you I say there is only one real QQ. So far you made the longest %@%!% about this. And it wasn't directed about the change. So shut your mouth, grab another donut, and die of gluttony.
Too true... too many people like to QQ about blizzard i dont think they realize they are playing a game if they dont like the game dont blame the company that released it... its like saying hey i dont like Bio Shock 2 change it. do you think console gaming companies change their games that are already released just because people complain? no they don't blizzard actually changes the game based on player feedback and people should be glad they do instead of just getting a flat game with no user input.
guys i think that we complain to much i mean i got 70 pvp gear in two days which is not bad so lets keep giving blizz ideas and go on in wow
I do think 1.8k was a little much but i also think only 360 is too low you should make it 700 attacking 500 def...
...and you should make a tenancy buff for this cause my server ally gets it like once every 3 weeks it sucks kthxbai
hunters NEED TA BE NERFED BAD! my rogue (even at low levels) cant kill them, nor can my lock, shaman, death knight, priest, warrior, anything, i literally have 1 of each character type, and none of em can kill them.

please nerf hunters, or else this game will become overrun with them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!