Here's our finished HORDE bathroom remodel!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 23 Next
Not my taste, but your wife is a very talented artist.

Edit, to say our master bath isn't a white-walled boring room. When we moved in, we took up the linoleum, which had been covered with genuinely hideous orange stick-on plastic tiles, and installed some slate. The slate is sort of a purplish stone with yellow and silver and black highlights, it's hard to describe but looks nice, the yellow accents agree with the maple cabinets. Sort of surprised my husband agreed that it was the best choice, but hey, who am I to argue. Grouted with grey sanded grout, and painted the walls a similar light grey. Around the garden tub, we used the same slate, but cut it into smaller pieces (ok, we didn't have enough to use whole pieces at that point, had plenty of scrap though), which allowed us to accent with the glass tile I really wanted but couldn't justify paying $20 / sqft for. I worry the purple slate may be too specific of a choice when it comes to resale, but it looks really nice in the room.

The other full bath also had linoleum, which we replaced with smaller unfilled (originally) travertine in golden colors. Filled the tiles and grout lines with cream sanded grout, painted the walls a light milk chocolate, same maple cabinets. Pop of color with an earth-toned bathmat, keeping it spa-like with white shower curtain and towels. #160

Skifte,
It sounds like you and your husband have enjoyed the same feelings that Gloria and I have in that you, too, have been thrilled to see your ideas take shape and come to be a reality. You have felt the joy and pride of accomplishment--it's apparent in the manner in which you describe your efforts. Well done!! Keep up the terrific work!! I think the slate sounds especially nice!
Hmm, it really should just have either wooden or metal spikes everywhere and then it would actually look like a Horde bathroom. As it is it looks more generic fantasy.
01/05/2011 5:04 PMPosted by Rhonwen
Hmm, it really should just have either wooden or metal spikes everywhere and then it would actually look like a Horde bathroom. As it is it looks more generic fantasy.

To be quite honest, the prospect of bare flesh encountering either wood or metal spikes was a bit daunting. Thus, we followed more of a Horde / Undercity theme (floor and walls) with a bit of Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, and Razor Hill thrown in (ceiling hides) for a more eclectic (and much more usable and safe) room. :)

01/02/2011 4:45 PMPosted by Lenna
Eh, at least you didn't make it bright pink.

Those are the best* bathrooms ever.

That would be a Blood Elf bathroom.
01/02/2011 5:14 PMPosted by Luix
I will come to your house, break in and poo in that bathroom.
And there is nothing you can do about it.

P.S. You will know it was me cause I will leave an alliance victory banner on the top of the toilet.

Heh! Heh! Heh!
OMG...words fail me...I love it! :) Do the rest of the house! I want to see more!
01/04/2011 9:05 AMPosted by Greev
its not finished until you paint a gnome face in the bottom of the toilet bowl

I LOLed and started thinking about having one painted in mine :)

01/02/2011 4:45 PMPosted by Lenna
Eh, at least you didn't make it bright pink.

Those are the best* bathrooms ever.

God I hate people with Pink bathrooms. Its so disturbing.
That sir, is a brilliant idea :D
Should've done the sticks with "fire" as well and have very few lights :O
Make your friends feel creeped out by the bathroom then XD
Now you need a bathroom attendant that will say "HAVE YOU COME TO SERVE THE HORDE?"
I Guess you could say the horde is into.....

*Puts on Sunglasses*

Toliet Humor

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
wow bro i wana take a dump in that bathroom! nice!!
Don't let all the perfectionists weigh you down, you and your wife did an awesome job. My wife is wondering when you will be free...
Truly awesome job! FOR THE HORDE!
I think it looks very good. And to those who say it'll ruin the resale value of the home....Are you kidding me? Did you see the bathroom before the remodel? They added to the resale value of their home and made it into something that they enjoy. If they do ever do decide to sell and want to make it more "vanilla", it would not be tough to do.