glyph of long word

Paladin
glyph of long word how does it work? does it heal for 50% first then heal for 75%??
i tried it and i dont see any initial heal as it stated.
If it is working properly, lets assume WoG heals for 20,000 - it would heal for 10,000 and heal for 10,000 over 6 seconds. It just gives pallies a HoT. I don't think it does anything amazing where it in the end heals for more [unless you want to count the HoT ticks, which in that case it will heal for a bit more] (btw its not then 75% its then 50%)

It's a pretty crap glyph.

No real increase, and the HoT means a smaller mastery shield than a full-fledged WoG would have given.
It's a terrible glyph. We need a lame HoT like we need an agility socket bonus.
It doesn't stack so you "clip" the hot if you WoG someone with the HoT on them. Additionally, HoT ticks do not transfer to beacon target, so technically it is an overall HPS loss. If they fixed it, I could see some cases where it might be useful.
It's awful, don't worry about how it works. Just don't use it.
01/04/2011 6:10 PMPosted by Jantilla
It's a terrible glyph. We need a lame HoT like we need an agility socket bonus.

QFT
All these people knocking an awesome glyph. So what if the ticks don't proc Beacon. If I go into lazy mode on a not-so-hard boss fight, Beacon and Word of Glory are still on the top three of my heals. I tried my first BWD the other day. Magmaw sucks !@#. Anyways, it was me, a priest, and a druid healing. Both of them were fully heroic geared in 346s with me having half 333s, some 346s, and my eng head and 359 exalted belt. I kicked both their asses in HPS. Plus, Long Word allows you to spam full WoGs when Eternal procs and not wasting as much of those heals as the HoT ticks. Illuminated Healing isn't important enough to overheal.
It is !!#@. I'd rather someone kick me in the groin repeatedly than use it.
01/07/2011 11:30 PMPosted by Palagasi
All these people knocking an awesome glyph. So what if the ticks don't proc Beacon. If I go into lazy mode on a not-so-hard boss fight, Beacon and Word of Glory are still on the top three of my heals. I tried my first BWD the other day. Magmaw sucks ass. Anyways, it was me, a priest, and a druid healing. Both of them were fully heroic geared in 346s with me having half 333s, some 346s, and my eng head and 359 exalted belt. I kicked both their asses in HPS. Plus, Long Word allows you to spam full WoGs when Eternal procs and not wasting as much of those heals as the HoT ticks. Illuminated Healing isn't important enough to overheal.

So you sniped their heals and you think that's something to be proud of?
haha the glyph is not crap, its actually really good. Here's why:

-(example) WoG heals for 20,000. Glyphed, it heals for 10,000 and then 10,000 over 6sec.
-The HoT effect can crit, healing for more than 50%
-the Hot effect can proc your weapon enchant... quite often in fact.
-it reduces overhealing caused by large WoG heal crits.
-It generally ticks for 2300-3400 and in 6sec you can have 3HP to cast WoG again to keep that HoT going for as long as you like. (if the heal crits ~11k+ the HoT will tick and crit for even more. With CDs I saw ticks as high as 6k)

I remember when I first tried it out; sure it sucked at first looking at the numbers flashing in green, but when I noticed that Heartsong's 15sec duration never disappeared or kept reappeared every time I used WoG I got excited. Also I realized that as I healed 6sec was plenty of time to generate 3 holy power again and I could keep that HoT for almost the entire fight. Now I have completely reduced the need to cast DL at all or spam 2-3 heals on a dps because my HoT does the job for me while I continue to heal the tank.
It is a bad choice for Prot Paladins (or any Paladins) with Eternal Glory. Eternal Glory gives you 30% chance to not use holy power when using Word of Glory, allowing for repeat casts on the same target when Eternal Glory 'procs.'

If you use this glyph you will have wasted a decent portion of the previous WoG's healing potential.

For others it may have some utility, but it does not mix well with Eternal Glory at all.