Alliance shaman, what race is best?

Shaman
I'm changing my resto shaman from horde to alliance, what is the best alliance shaman-eligible race to go? Looking at doing both PVE and PVP.
NVM, just realized Draenei racial is a heal + JC bonues which is very suitable for me. Didn't mean to waste your time. :)
If you go space squid, all the hordies get to call you a Blueberry,
Blueberry.
01/10/2011 10:55 PMPosted by Snöt
Dwarf, stoneform being changed to 10% dmg reduction

On top of that, they get racial bonus for using maces.

And dwarves jost look cooler :p
01/11/2011 4:48 AMPosted by Raginni
Rule of dwarves:

Any race that can be a dwarf should be a dwarf.

The only race that can be a dwarf...is a dwarf.
The Draenei can look a little goofy (mainly because of the shoulders) but the 1% hit helps a lot for ele and enh in both pvp and pve. Their racial heal is being readjusted:
The draenei racial trait Gift of the Naaru now heals 20% of the target's health over 15 seconds, rather than a scaling value.

Which can help a little for brief periods of intense incoming damage.

However, the dwarf racial Stone Form is being readjusted as well:
The dwarven racial trait Stoneform now reduces all damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor by 10%. It also increases the dwarf's size when used.

This could be very useful in pvp as ENH when using Shamanistic Rage and Spirit Wolves, reducing damage taken by 40% and I think your spirit wolves heal you for a % of the damage they do (I cant remember, its been a while since Ive played ENH). If your ELE with Glyph of Elemental Mastery glyphed you take 30% less damage.

With these changes it seems like Draenei is more PVE because of the 1% hit rating (although you still receive it if theres a draenei in group, usually is) and Dwarf is definitely better for PVP with the 10% damage mitigation (which can also be handy in PVE since healers have it rough atm)

All of this stuff is changing, and will change again. Just part of trying to maintain balance in the game, thankfully blizzard puts all other gaming companies to shame in this aspect. However, nothing beats the troll racial for ELE shaman... Thats one reason I wish my friends were horde :( WTB Berserking equivalent for draenei or dwarf!
Dwarf
Make a Draenai female and name it "Elloesmara" or some crazy compilation of 5 other female names and talk with smileys in your text.

Once you've milked a sugar daddy for a few million gold, racechange to Dwarf and start playing for real.
Dwarf shaman... unforgivable.

<shakes fist @ Blizzard>
01/11/2011 4:48 AMPosted by Raginni
Rule of dwarves:

Any race that can be a dwarf should be a dwarf.

I think u meant "class" ...but yea, i'm with u on that.

If u want to go as enhancement, ur best bet is dwarf for the racials, specially if u go dwing maces. With unleashed rage and maces racial, u don't need expertise in your gear at all.

If u want to go as restoration, u should go draenei ...but male draeneis look just wrong, so go female with what Bluehoodie said :P
Rule of dwarves:

Any class that can be a dwarf should be a dwarf.

This.

Also the new changes to Stoneform make Dwarves the best Alliance race for any class.