Macro for /jump?

UI and Macro
I was looking in the API and it seems that the jumpascendstart() is locked, so is there another way to get my character to jump without actually binding it in the Blizzard UI?

If you're wondering why, I'd like to make a stopcasting/jump macro so that while I'm using Spiritwalker's Grace, I can just jump to cancel spells.
01/06/2011 7:06 PMPosted by Fancydala
I was looking in the API and it seems that the jumpascendstart() is locked, so is there another way to get my character to jump without actually binding it in the Blizzard UI?

Nope.

If you're wondering why, I'd like to make a stopcasting/jump macro so that while I'm using Spiritwalker's Grace, I can just jump to cancel spells.

Last I checked, /stopcasting worked for cast time spells while under effects like Spiritwalker's Grace and the Firestarter talent.
Yes, but I want to jump as well.

The macro would look something like this

/jump
/stopcasting

So it would just always let me jump, but when I'm casting while moving it would also cancel the spell. As of right now, I can still jump and it won't cancel, so it's causing me to hit ESC which is slightly difficult.
There is no /jump command. And there never was.

If /jump worked for you in the past, it was because some addon made it before they protected the function... numerous patches ago.

Your face got nerfed.
www.wowpedia.org/User:Egingell
wow.curse.com/members/egingell.aspx
Just a note, jumping is not ideal for cancelling spells, since it takes a lot longer to finish jumping than it does to jink (ie: tap a movement key). Jumping prevents you from casting a spell for around 0.5sec, jinking doesn't.
because I can totally "jink" while using spiritwalker to cancel. That makes sense.
There are also spells that mages can channel while moving, but none of that matters, you still need to use a key binding to jump.

Your face got nerfed.
www.wowpedia.org/User:Egingell
wow.curse.com/members/egingell.aspx