Pandaria Paladin Pre Raid Gear Guide (5.2)

Paladin
Prev 1 7 8 9 19 Next
Very HUGE TY 4 this tremendous help!
01/29/2011 8:58 AMPosted by Nativesun
Very HUGE TY 4 this tremendous help!

Glad to help :-)
Nice guide.

Just a suggestion on enchants, but I'd list options for any of the ones that require Maelstrom Crystals, such as the Peerless Stats and the high end weapon chants. I just don't see very many people using a chant that requires 3-6 of these on a blue heroic item when the crystals are selling for several thousand gold a piece.
Thanks so much for posting this list. I wish I had started archeology long ago.
I didn't want to wade through 8 pages of comments so I don't know if these have been mentioned and just not updated yet, or if they're new:

Alpha Bracers and Terborus's Rotating Bands are good wrist options for prot as well, not just ret.

Another option for gloves is Gloves of the Greymane Wall.

If you can manage to ever find one that someone wants to sell instead of equip, Soul Blade or Soul Blade (the heroic version) are excellent prot weapons. If you have poor luck with heroics, Dragonscorn Mace is decent until you can get something better (Elementium Bonesplitter is easy to get and has higher damage/stam of course, but you lose a big chunk of dodge for haste).

As far as trinkets, I really like Impatience of Youth/Impatience of Youth over Unsolvable Riddle/Unsolvable Riddle. It is true that agi converts into dodge twice as efficiently as str converts into parry, but str is more threat (also more reliable, since it boosts the damage of most abilities instead of increasing crit chance) than an equal amount of agi, and 1605 str translates into about 3250 higher healing on each 3HP WoG. Personal choice, I guess.

I hope some of this helps.

Thank you for the information, I´ll add the items tomorrow!
01/29/2011 8:58 PMPosted by Artiimis
Nice guide.

Just a suggestion on enchants, but I'd list options for any of the ones that require Maelstrom Crystals, such as the Peerless Stats and the high end weapon chants. I just don't see very many people using a chant that requires 3-6 of these on a blue heroic item when the crystals are selling for several thousand gold a piece.

I´ll check that.
Thank you.-
I'm a bit confused as far as the weapon enchant goes.

I keep seeing all 3 on different people: Landslide, avalanche, and hurricane.

Is there a certain threshold or iLvl where it is appropriate to go from one to the other?

Sort of like how feral druid dps in WOTLK went from beserking to mongoose at ICC levels?

Or do you pick based off a certain stat you're lacking?

Just curious to see what I should go for as soon as I get my first heroic weapon at 85.
Prot shoulders, BoE zone drop:

Reg: Heaving Plates of Protection
Heroic: Heaving Plates of Protection

Added, thank you!
So when it comes to gems and a Pally Tank, do I still want to stack on Stam gems like in Wrath, or should I try and go along with gems that match sockets now?
Are the items listed as which is better than the others or just easy of getting?
Wich is better :-)
for holy
Corehammer's Riveted Girdle

for prot
Darkmoon Card: Volcano the amount of mastery is quite useful to reach block cap
02/07/2011 2:03 AMPosted by Anairam
Wich is better :-)
The you should move the pants around a bit the heroics out of SFK are much better than the JP ones.
Vicious Gladiator's Bonegrinder should be considered a weapon on par with the 346 heroic weapons. 39 more strength and 26 more crit than Forged Elementium Mindcrusher.
I havent read the whole thread but I haven't seen the heavy savage armor kit for a boot enchant on any enchant list. It's 44stam instead of 30 for earthen minus the run speed increase, but for 14 stam i feel its worth it.
for holy
Corehammer's Riveted Girdle

for prot
Darkmoon Card: Volcano the amount of mastery is quite useful to reach block cap

Added, thank you!
Might need to swap around some ret pieces since as I understand it the priority is Strength > Hit/exp cap > mastery > crit > haste